• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy Fold 3 UK Owners Thread

Search This thread

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
Yeah in my area I have full Vodafone 5G and full EE 5G but driving around where signal is bad on iPhone 12 Pro Max Fold3 have no signal at all.

RR-99

Nov 11, 2012
For those who got the Starter Kit with the phone, what do you think of the case?
The problem I have with mine if that it will only stay closed on an absolutely flat surface. Any slope, or if I pick it up without holding right round the phone, it will just spring open.

AGxM

Dec 6, 2007
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
For those who got the Starter Kit with the phone, what do you think of the case?
The problem I have with mine if that it will only stay closed on an absolutely flat surface. Any slope, or if I pick it up without holding right round the phone, it will just spring open.
Persevered for a couple of days, but in the end ditched it for the Aramid and a pen loop

Attachments

• 4rv0mlqn3wn71.jpg
    4rv0mlqn3wn71.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 6bjg9dxn3wn71.jpg
    6bjg9dxn3wn71.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: jah

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
Terrible case. I received my starter kit yesterday and I used case for 5 min.
Back to box and I back to my case.
But still thinking to get aramid.

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
I actually quite like it.

I'd stayed away from flip cases previously, but with this phone I think they're the best solution, for a couple of reasons.

The 1st is that the flap actually protects and keeps the outer screen cleaner when the device is unfolded. With the 2 piece cases, when holding the unfolded device, the outer screen's supported by your fingers and palm, which transfers dirt and grease unto it.

Secondly, when using the outer screen with a 2 piece case, the raised side ridges make using edge gestures a bit more difficult.

RR-99

Nov 11, 2012
I certainly want the protection flap for the outside screen. Have always had flap cases right back to the first Note. I'd keep the case if it wasn't for the fact that it won't stay shut, and I can't see a way to make it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had mine a couple of weeks now and I'm loving it, my 1st foldable, still makes me smile when I open it up! Also got the free Case and S Pen (Note Package) from Samsung. The case is a complete waste of time, but the S Pen is really useful...

There is one thing though that is getting on my nerves a lot... in the 'Do Not Disturb' section is the driving mode, it just keeps coming on at random times, like the other day I went to make a coffee and when I sat back down driving mode was on. I've gone into the setting and deleted the driving mode, but it still keeps coming back on. Its seriously starting to wind me up!
    Now I know I can set it up so that it allows certain notifications through, but I don't want it to come on at all, especially when I'm making a coffee. Is there anyway or permanently turning it off?
    I had a friend with a similar issue (not on the fold, but another Samsung) and doing a factory reset and setting back up did the trick. Sorry if that's not a good option, but it's what worked for my friend after spending a long time looking for a solution.
    Mine arrived yesterday and instantly a huge fan 😍😍😍😍
    When I said no, I meant no to the accessories, but yes, received the Fold, it's awesome.
    Thank you. Enjoy. I'm on my mi mix fold as I type this, have my mate x2 sitting next to me, and the fold 3 coming. I'm gonna admit myself into a clinic for the device insane
    Anyone who ordered through a carrier seen any movement yet?

Ordered 256GB via three UK on 11.8
    Yep, 512GB Sky Mobile, DPD delivery tomorrow 20th, tracking number, promise of 1hr delivery slot.
    I did the rounds with a spreadsheet and figured out buying the phone from samsung.com with a vodafone contract was best. They had a deal for £59/mo plus £380 up front, unlimited calls, texts and 100GB 5G data. Total £1796. Nearly £200 cheaper than buying the phone outright and sticking on my £16.21/mo three contract. Going directly through carriers and looking at 100GB+ data was no competition either, vodafone and o2 about £2.2k, Three £2.3k, EE £2.5k etc.

I don't know if that works with tradeins, vouchers etc. so it might be possible to go cheaper.
    Just noticed the free Starter Kit is availability until 31 December! This means you do get a S Pen included, in reality.