• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy Fold 3 UK Owners Thread

Search This thread

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Bit of a short supply here in the UK. I would like to upgrade on Vodafone, went on the site on Wednesday and they had stock. Went back Thursday, back to 5-6 week waiting time...

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Managed to get my hands on one. Rang around all the Voda stores in the 'local' area, Leicester says they had one. Travelled the 60 miles to the store yesterday afternoon. Got there and they told me the one they had was reserved 😖
I couldn't leave empty handed so went across the road to O2 and they had one solitary black 512GB. £300 down, £60/m for 36m, 20GB.

It's not as good as the Voda contract which was £300 down £55/m, 25GB (256gb model). Airtime and phone contract are not together like with O2. So the airtime contract was 24m and the phone contract was 36m

Thealshear

Jun 12, 2011
manama
Can someone post their about phone screen, I got a grey market import from Australia and it shows two imei but one is dedicated to the esim. I am wondering if I got a dual sim tray would it work physical dual sim.
Cheers

RealEvil_UK

Jun 3, 2011
Just pulled the trigger Samsung UK with a fold 2 as trade in, 10% code and 5% Samsung Pay.

But despite being "in stock" I had to pick a delivery date in 15 days. Annoyed. Any value in calling to see if customer support can do anything?

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Had mine a couple of weeks now and I'm loving it, my 1st foldable, still makes me smile when I open it up! Also got the free Case and S Pen (Note Package) from Samsung. The case is a complete waste of time, but the S Pen is really useful...

There is one thing though that is getting on my nerves a lot... in the 'Do Not Disturb' section is the driving mode, it just keeps coming on at random times, like the other day I went to make a coffee and when I sat back down driving mode was on. I've gone into the setting and deleted the driving mode, but it still keeps coming back on. Its seriously starting to wind me up!
Now I know I can set it up so that it allows certain notifications through, but I don't want it to come on at all, especially when I'm making a coffee. Is there anyway or permanently turning it off?

Talderon

Had mine a couple of weeks now and I'm loving it, my 1st foldable, still makes me smile when I open it up! Also got the free Case and S Pen (Note Package) from Samsung. The case is a complete waste of time, but the S Pen is really useful...

There is one thing though that is getting on my nerves a lot... in the 'Do Not Disturb' section is the driving mode, it just keeps coming on at random times, like the other day I went to make a coffee and when I sat back down driving mode was on. I've gone into the setting and deleted the driving mode, but it still keeps coming back on. Its seriously starting to wind me up!
Now I know I can set it up so that it allows certain notifications through, but I don't want it to come on at all, especially when I'm making a coffee. Is there anyway or permanently turning it off?
I had a friend with a similar issue (not on the fold, but another Samsung) and doing a factory reset and setting back up did the trick. Sorry if that's not a good option, but it's what worked for my friend after spending a long time looking for a solution.

Reactions: MadCobbler

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
I had a friend with a similar issue (not on the fold, but another Samsung) and doing a factory reset and setting back up did the trick. Sorry if that's not a good option, but it's what worked for my friend after spending a long time looking for a solution.
I had thought about doing that, was just kinda trying to avoid having to do so, but I suppose if its the only way..... Thanks for the reply....

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Its not something to do with bluetooth is it? When you get near your car it starts driving mode?
I don't think so as I've actually been out in the car today and done a few journeys and driving mode didn't actually come on, but it did come on while I was sat watching the TV earlier... like I said before its completely random... But it doesn't matter as I'm sending it back under warranty as the inside screen protector has started to peel off.
Whats annoying is I've been extremely careful with it and its still faulty... Anyway when I phoned O2 up they didn't question it and agreed to send me a replacement straight away... which begs the question... has this happened before? Have they had more than one complaint hence why they didn't question it, they just agreed to send me a replacement straight away.
Which worries me a little.......

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
I don't think so as I've actually been out in the car today and done a few journeys and driving mode didn't actually come on, but it did come on while I was sat watching the TV earlier... like I said before its completely random... But it doesn't matter as I'm sending it back under warranty as the inside screen protector has started to peel off.
Whats annoying is I've been extremely careful with it and its still faulty... Anyway when I phoned O2 up they didn't question it and agreed to send me a replacement straight away... which begs the question... has this happened before? Have they had more than one complaint hence why they didn't question it, they just agreed to send me a replacement straight away.
Which worries me a little.......
Sounds funky to me, i wonder if a system reset would've cured it. I'm also with O2, nice to know they are so open to replacement.
I've heard that buying from Samsung direct they will do anything to not give you a replacement. i.e. they will just repair repair repair till its fixed.

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Sounds funky to me, i wonder if a system reset would've cured it. I'm also with O2, nice to know they are so open to replacement.
I've heard that buying from Samsung direct they will do anything to not give you a replacement. i.e. they will just repair repair repair till its fixed.
Got my replacement today, brand new unopened box and sent mine back.... bit of a nightmare setting it all back up again.... Gone are the days when I had 3 phones and compiling roms for all of them, formatting on a daily basis and setting them all back up just to make sure that everything was working to make sure I'd compiled them right, I think at one stage I was compiling roms for about 5 or 6 devices weekly (Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Xperia Z and Xperia S)... it would do my head in now haha

Like I said in my previous post, the only thing that concerns me is that how easy they agreed to replace rather than repair like you suggested Samsung do... I'll just wait and see how this device is.

As for the driving mode, when I set up the secure folder it asked me if I wanted to set driving mode up, obviously I clicked on no, but why would it ask me then if I wanted to set it up? What has secure folder got to do with safety features? We'll just have to wait and see if that makes a difference as I can't remember what I did last time I set it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mine arrived yesterday and instantly a huge fan 😍😍😍😍
    When I said no, I meant no to the accessories, but yes, received the Fold, it's awesome.
    Thank you. Enjoy. I'm on my mi mix fold as I type this, have my mate x2 sitting next to me, and the fold 3 coming. I'm gonna admit myself into a clinic for the device insane
    Anyone who ordered through a carrier seen any movement yet?

Ordered 256GB via three UK on 11.8
    Yep, 512GB Sky Mobile, DPD delivery tomorrow 20th, tracking number, promise of 1hr delivery slot.
    I did the rounds with a spreadsheet and figured out buying the phone from samsung.com with a vodafone contract was best. They had a deal for £59/mo plus £380 up front, unlimited calls, texts and 100GB 5G data. Total £1796. Nearly £200 cheaper than buying the phone outright and sticking on my £16.21/mo three contract. Going directly through carriers and looking at 100GB+ data was no competition either, vodafone and o2 about £2.2k, Three £2.3k, EE £2.5k etc.

I don't know if that works with tradeins, vouchers etc. so it might be possible to go cheaper.
    Just noticed the free Starter Kit is availability until 31 December! This means you do get a S Pen included, in reality.