Galaxy Nexus & Nexus s,one click root toolkit ! Unlock bootloader+CWM+Su(or)SuperSu

Search This thread

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
Galaxy Nexus & Nexus s,one click root toolkit ! Unlock bootloader+CWM+Su(or)SuperSu

This tool will root you nexus s/Galaxy Nexus install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
For Nexus S:4G,I9020T,I9023,I9020A.
Galaxy Nexus:GSM/Verizon/Sprint

Disclaimer!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Current Version (Nexus S + Galaxy Nexus) 3.5: http://d-h.st/qaL

MIRROR:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1if2rvgpcte2rcs

Old versions:
3.0: http://d-h.st/mhO
2.0: http://dev-host.org/gcZ (nexus s only)
1.0: http://dev-host.org/bEE (nexus s only)

just unzip the content and run the tool ! drivers are included in case you need them.

incase you had any problems try rerunning the tool,and if you got superuser/supersu app but you are unable to use root apps,update superuser/supersu from the play store then update the binary from inside the app.

CHANGELOG
V3.5
-added support for jelly bean
-few script optimization
-updated superuser and supersu

V3.0
-added support to galaxy nexus and all it's variants.
-added support to install super su.
-moved from *.bat to *.exe
-new icon
-su/super su, will now automatically flash no need to touch "install zip"
-skip bootloader unlock if you are already unlocked.
-update drivers

V2.0
-Removed "sticky.bat"
-modified su flashing script.
-the recovery now will stick automatically no need to flash any file after rooting or running any script.

V1.0
-initial release

ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED FROM DEVICE(only if bootloader is locked)
credits
-Chainfire for super su
-ChainsDD for superuser
-Pdanet for drivers
-Clockworkmod team for recovery
-my friend for the icon

Last edited:

tartan1515

Aug 4, 2010
Is this real life? I'm too chicken to be the first to try this method w/o any comments. Has anyone tried this yet? Why isn't this stickied in the forum?

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Is this real life? I'm too chicken to be the first to try this method w/o any comments. Has anyone tried this yet? Why isn't this stickied in the forum?

Because no one advises members of this forum to use one clicks. Do it the right way, and learn as you go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut

The tool was released from less than 24 hour,it got about 90 downloads ( first 2 versions got over 2400 downloads) i have got confirmations that it's working,plus if it bricked anyone i think they will rush to post about it,feel free to try it or not.

Reactions: Sean-El
Oct 6, 2010
What is the advantage/disadvantage of using this verses using the Root method that QBKing77 did on Youtube? The BigRushDog root method? Pros and cons?! I used a One Click Root on my Epic 4G when it first came out and worked well AND stuck through multiple resets but I'd like to know about this for the Gnex Sprint. Any work on if my $$ in Google Wallet will remain after this? Got about $200 in there and don't want it gone

Jouten

Oct 17, 2010
It really works!

I have the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. At first I had trouble in that it I didn't have all the drivers installed. I used the ones included with this download (64bit). Once I installed all the drivers and re-ran the program, it works like a champ!

Just a couple of points though, be sure to keep an eye on both your phone and the terminal screen on your machine while doing this. Also, follow the instructions exactly as it says on the terminal screen and on the phone. I never ran this app before and I was successful with it.

I'm glad this is here, if I had to do it old skool, I would have been pulling my hair out. After rooting so many of my other phones with ADB, I get tired of it after a while and I'm glad people like m.sabra are around to make life a little easier for people like me.

Thanks m.sabra, your contributions and efforts are definitely appreciated!:)

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
Took a gamble with this program,
It worked PERFECTLY on my Nexus 9023 4.0.4 Stock ICS.

Cheers sabra!!! :D

Glad i helped :)

I have the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. At first I had trouble in that it I didn't have all the drivers installed. I used the ones included with this download (64bit). Once I installed all the drivers and re-ran the program, it works like a champ!

Just a couple of points though, be sure to keep an eye on both your phone and the terminal screen on your machine while doing this. Also, follow the instructions exactly as it says on the terminal screen and on the phone. I never ran this app before and I was successful with it.

I'm glad this is here, if I had to do it old skool, I would have been pulling my hair out. After rooting so many of my other phones with ADB, I get tired of it after a while and I'm glad people like m.sabra are around to make life a little easier for people like me.

thanks for your word :) it really gave me a good feeling thanks :)

Thanks man

Welcome :)

Reactions: MrJandD and Sean-El

fallensoldier

Mar 19, 2011
used this kit to root earlier and i couldnt believe how simple the process was, except for one problem with superuser everything was good. I would recommend people use superSU instead of superuser initially cus the phone doesnt appear to root with the latter (at least in my case), CWM evthing flashes good though.

Reactions: ali magdy

Jouten

Oct 17, 2010
Me too

That's what I did too. I read up real quick on the difference between the two and apparantly, SuperSU is the 'newer and improved' version of superuser.

kajik123

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus s, not working

hi,

i do have a nexus s with 4.04 (9I020xxKI1)here and a broken powerbutton, so i do need to find a solution to root it with some kind of one-click solution to install button remapper. I tried a couple of ways but all failed. Also this one. It works fine until the phone reboots and ends up in fastboot, the terminal at the computer tells me <waiting for device> forever and as the powerbutton stucks and kind of blocks the volume rocker, I cannot do anything on the phone while in fastboot. And no, the previously mentioned methods of others around here to tapp on the back of the phone does not work. So my question is why does the process stop here after all and is there any kind of way to root my phone without using the fastboot menu? i reallz do hope so, because it would suck so much if that would be the reason I have to abandon this otherwise pretty much awesome phone...

thanks so much!

tkissee

Nov 10, 2010
I used this tool and I don't have superuser premessions and it says I'm not rooted. Also when I try to get the clockwork recovery it sends me to a screen with the android guy that says download and it just reboots. Thanks
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

tkissee

Nov 10, 2010
What would happens if I tried to re root it while i already did the root tool once?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This tool will root you nexus s/Galaxy Nexus install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
    For Nexus S:4G,I9020T,I9023,I9020A.
    Galaxy Nexus:GSM/Verizon/Sprint

Disclaimer!
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Current Version (Nexus S + Galaxy Nexus) 3.5: http://d-h.st/qaL

MIRROR:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1if2rvgpcte2rcs

Old versions:
    3.0: http://d-h.st/mhO
    2.0: http://dev-host.org/gcZ (nexus s only)
    1.0: http://dev-host.org/bEE (nexus s only)

just unzip the content and run the tool ! drivers are included in case you need them.

incase you had any problems try rerunning the tool,and if you got superuser/supersu app but you are unable to use root apps,update superuser/supersu from the play store then update the binary from inside the app.

CHANGELOG
    V3.5
    -added support for jelly bean
    -few script optimization
    -updated superuser and supersu

V3.0
    -added support to galaxy nexus and all it's variants.
    -added support to install super su.
    -moved from *.bat to *.exe
    -new icon
    -su/super su, will now automatically flash no need to touch "install zip"
    -skip bootloader unlock if you are already unlocked.
    -update drivers

V2.0
    -Removed "sticky.bat"
    -modified su flashing script.
    -the recovery now will stick automatically no need to flash any file after rooting or running any script.

V1.0
    -initial release

ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED FROM DEVICE(only if bootloader is locked)
    credits
    -Chainfire for super su
    -ChainsDD for superuser
    -Pdanet for drivers
    -Clockworkmod team for recovery
    -my friend for the icon
    Took a gamble with this program,
    It worked PERFECTLY on my Nexus 9023 4.0.4 Stock ICS.

Cheers sabra!!! :D

Glad i helped :)

thanks for your word :) it really gave me a good feeling thanks :)

Thanks man

Welcome :)
    I ran the tool, and after I choose my model and superuser/su my phone goes on fastboot mode. what should I do now? select recovery?

I have all stock, first time rootinmg the device,

on the toolkit it says waiting for device.

thanks!

*I have usb debnugginmg on and usb transfer off

you should do nothing this is why it's a one click tool...the tool is waiting for device since it can't find you should install drivers.

The tool was released from less than 24 hour,it got about 90 downloads ( first 2 versions got over 2400 downloads) i have got confirmations that it's working,plus if it bricked anyone i think they will rush to post about it,feel free to try it or not.
    used this kit to root earlier and i couldnt believe how simple the process was, except for one problem with superuser everything was good. I would recommend people use superSU instead of superuser initially cus the phone doesnt appear to root with the latter (at least in my case), CWM evthing flashes good though.