Galaxy Nexus or HTC Sensation XE ?

Search This thread

fe11gila

Apr 17, 2011
Vesoul
Hi everyone,

My telephone subscription expires in a few weeks, and I hesitate between these two phones..
One hand, the Galaxy Nexus has excellent screen resolution, on the other hand I know HTC and I know it's good phones (I'm using now Incredible S)
My needs: a large screen, a phone fluid and fast, able to run heavy games (Fifa 12, GTA III ..), SMS, email and internet; Yes lot of internet

Thank you in advance ..

fe11gila

Apr 17, 2011
Vesoul
5MP is not bad.... just cuz your camera doesnt have 30MP doesnt mean it isnt good
i had an iphone 4 (for about a week) which has 5MP and the pictures looked better the phones with 8 or 12MP.... more MP doesnt necessarily mean better picture...

Alright thank you, truely G.N has "just" 5MP but a screen resolution similar of iPhone so Pictures should be wonderful
I think I made my choice.. Galaxy Nexus is coming to my pocket :D

Thanks you to all guys, you have really helped me :)

dengseng

Oct 10, 2011
Adelaide
Alright thank you, truely G.N has "just" 5MP but a screen resolution similar of iPhone so Pictures should be wonderful
I think I made my choice.. Galaxy Nexus is coming to my pocket :D

Thanks you to all guys, you have really helped me :)

actually regarding to the camera thingg...
GN's camera has a clear picture in a sense
MegaPixels does not really mean alot in average because it only affects HUGE poster pictures which requires details in pixels count..
but does not ensure the every pixels have a better colour sharpness, contrast, clearer picture..
so actually when looking at a good camera (for avg usage) don't rely on "oh, it has 8 MPs!"

and I'm also kinda stuck between these two phones currently...

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I say Galaxy Nexus. It will be supported longer.

Here's my two cents as the owner of both (though I have now sold the Sensation....if that makes Sense).

The GN has a better camera. No doubt. Not only does it take faster pictures but it lets in much more light in darker surroundings and the colour balance is a lot better when using the LED flash. 10 out of 10 pictures will turn out better on the Galaxy Nexus. This is because HTC cameras are inferior to Samsung's on the whole. Megapixels only mean something if the camera is good enough to make them worth counting.

The Galaxy Nexus has better balance in the hand. The Sensation is made of lovely metal etc but is not so comfortable to hold in the hand. This is just my opinion though.

Screen resolution is noticeably better on the GN. Also screen size is a boon and colours pop, though not as unnaturally as on the Galaxy Sii. Viewing angles are also better.

Charging time is rapid on the Galaxy Nexus. It is the first Android phone I've owned that charges as fast as an iPhone. I can use the same charger as for my old Sii and it charges in less than half the time Great for quick top-up charges The Sensation isn't as slow to charge as the Sii but is nowhere near as fast as the Nexus.

No card slot on the Nexus, which means I can't use my 32gb MicroSD as I could with the Sensation. I tend to put my movies on a USB stick and watch them with a USB Host cable though so this isn't a major issue.

No dust issues. My Sensation went back three times with dust under the screen. I eventually sold it on because of it.Super Amoled phones are not at risk of this as the digitiser is tightly fused to the OLED panel.

Signal is MUCH better on the Galaxy Nexus I get never drop calls from my room on the Nexus where I would lose connection all the time on my Sensation (as well as my Incredible S). I also had a hard time getting wifi in my room with the Sensation and Incredible S.

The long-term future of the Galaxy Nexus is much brighter. It is guaranteed to get whatever updates may come over the next year whereas the Sensation is unlikely to get the next incarnation.

Both devices have pretty crummy speakers. This is something I have come to expect from my HTC devices but is a little disappointing on the Samsung as their devices usually have good speaker units. Could be a software issue.

These are my feelings. I have only had tge device for a few weeks but there is absolutely no way I would go back to a Sensation/XE, or in fact any current HTC. I really do love my Nexus, though there are parts of Sense I did like and miss.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Here's my two cents as the owner of both (though I have now sold the Sensation....if that makes Sense).

The GN has a better camera. No doubt. Not only does it take faster pictures but it lets in much more light in darker surroundings and the colour balance is a lot better when using the LED flash. 10 out of 10 pictures will turn out better on the Galaxy Nexus. This is because HTC cameras are inferior to Samsung's on the whole. Megapixels only mean something if the camera is good enough to make them worth counting.

The Galaxy Nexus has better balance in the hand. The Sensation is made of lovely metal etc but is not so comfortable to hold in the hand. This is just my opinion though.

Screen resolution is noticeably better on the GN. Also screen size is a boon and colours pop, though not as unnaturally as on the Galaxy Sii. Viewing angles are also better.

Charging time is rapid on the Galaxy Nexus. It is the first Android phone I've owned that charges as fast as an iPhone. I can use the same charger as for my old Sii and it charges in less than half the time Great for quick top-up charges The Sensation isn't as slow to charge as the Sii but is nowhere near as fast as the Nexus.

No card slot on the Nexus, which means I can't use my 32gb MicroSD as I could with the Sensation. I tend to put my movies on a USB stick and watch them with a USB Host cable though so this isn't a major issue.

No dust issues. My Sensation went back three times with dust under the screen. I eventually sold it on because of it.Super Amoled phones are not at risk of this as the digitiser is tightly fused to the OLED panel.

Signal is MUCH better on the Galaxy Nexus I get never drop calls from my room on the Nexus where I would lose connection all the time on my Sensation (as well as my Incredible S). I also had a hard time getting wifi in my room with the Sensation and Incredible S.

The long-term future of the Galaxy Nexus is much brighter. It is guaranteed to get whatever updates may come over the next year whereas the Sensation is unlikely to get the next incarnation.

Both devices have pretty crummy speakers. This is something I have come to expect from my HTC devices but is a little disappointing on the Samsung as their devices usually have good speaker units. Could be a software issue.

These are my feelings. I have only had tge device for a few weeks but there is absolutely no way I would go back to a Sensation/XE, or in fact any current HTC. I really do love my Nexus, though there are parts of Sense I did like and miss.

You seem to be very biased towards the Nexus.

Any other pros you find with the Sensation (other than Sense?)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
You seem to be very biased towards the Nexus.

Any other pros you find with the Sensation (other than Sense?)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

I am mkre biased in favour of the Nexus because it is a device I have kept in preference to the Sensation. I liked the more solid chassis of the Sensation and the screen is still very nice, I just think the GN beats it in pretty much every way. On the other hand the GN is a much more expensive handset, at least on the second hand market. Only today I was offered a Sensation XE, completely unused for 275gbp. I paid £413 for my GN and that was a good price considering it is also in brand new condition. I half thought about buying the XE and selling the GN to have a bit of extra chnage but I decided I like the GN too much to make the sacrifice.

Both devices are great, but if you can get the GN for the same price as the XE on contract or don't mind paying the extra then it is definitely the one to go for IMO

SynFox

Feb 4, 2012
I guess the best for you would be to go to a store and check out both before you order, my brother owns a Sensation XE, I own a Galaxy Nexus.
It really depends on what you need the phone to deliver for you.
I've chosen the GN because it just feels better in my hand plus the superior hardware.
My brother has chosen the Sensation because it is better in HIS hand and because of Sense.
Keep in mind that every human has a different shaped hand ... while the GN might be great for someone it might feel very uncomfortable for you.
If you leave aside the bigger screen size of the Nexus (.35 inches can be a lot tho, depending on some factors like hand size, optical impression), both phones fit your needs.
Also, "Internet" is a very general term ... if most of your internet experience is looking at pictures and videos, you might find the Nexus superior because of it's higher resolution and display.
As said, go to a store and try both ... that would be your best bet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'am for the HTC, i love that because its easy to modding (for me) and i looove Music -> Beats Headphones♥
    Galaxy Nexus

- bigger screen
    - better screen -> better colours, contrast and outdoor visibility
    - better cpu + gpu
    - pure google experience
    - better battery life
    - it feels a lot better in the hand
    - it's a Nexus !

I had a Desire S and moved to a Nexus S. It's so much better in every way.
    -
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone