Galaxy Nexus (VZN) System Update: JRO03O

Search This thread

RoyJ

Apr 23, 2012
Great news!!! Thank you all!!!!

I usually get 4G, but when there's too much traffic in the towers I almost always get bumped back down to 3G. Hopefully this works for me as well!

Anyone notice anything else new/exciting?? :D

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Great news!!! Thank you all!!!!

I usually get 4G, but when there's too much traffic in the towers I almost always get bumped back down to 3G. Hopefully this works for me as well!

Anyone notice anything else new/exciting?? :D

Switching from LTE to WiFi and WiFi to LTE is now almost instant. That's pretty exciting if you ask me. Also LTE speeds have had a minor jump (Around 2-3Mbps faster).

Winesnob

May 20, 2012
Lorton, VA
Signal info now shows ipv6 address while in 3g and 4g, previous radios only showed ipv6 in 4g. May be part of the solution for better handoff.

Having battery drain issues due to media server keeping the phone awake. May have to do a factory reset tonight (tried my luck with backing up and restoring system data before flashing the update zip, but was probably not a good idea).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

trestevenson

Oct 21, 2010
I just installed the flashable zip for the radios/bootloader and so far so good. I'll have to give it a couple of days to guage whether there are any improvements in 4G speeds and/or call quality, but I'm optimistic!

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

1 hour and no LTE drops on BAMF 2.2.
This is making me happy as I was on my 5th CLN Replacement.

I wasn't sure if you were aware, but BAMF just updated to 2.3 yesterday. I've been running it since last night, and seeing this post for new radios was just the icing on the cake!

Xerodark

Jul 15, 2012
Marana
Thank you for this. Since I've flashed the new radios I have a stronger 4G signal and also 2-3mbps faster. Been running them around 45 minutes or so and absolutely no issues.

etmccreary

Feb 20, 2012
Grabbed and flashed (CWM) the radios from Rootz and lost 4G completely. Reflashing at the moment; hopefully the 2nd time is the charm.

If it persists - any ideas?

---UPDATE---
Tried both cache/dav wipe and with factory/cache/dav - problem persists. Restoring nandroid and flashing back to 4.0.4 radios. Anybody have any ideas as to why the 4.1 radios killed my 4G? Suggestions going forward are appreciated.

Last edited:

userfriendlyme

Yes, but you'd have to flash via ADB.

Scroll back a few pages to find the flashable radio zip link.

It's a flash-able Zip you don't need ADB i just flashed through CWM earlier no problems

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Grabbed and flashed (CWM) the radios from Rootz and lost 4G completely. Reflashing at the moment; hopefully the 2nd time is the charm.

If it persists - any ideas?

---UPDATE---
Tried both cache/dav wipe and with factory/cache/dav - problem persists. Restoring nandroid and flashing back to 4.0.4 radios. Anybody have any ideas as to why the 4.1 radios killed my 4G? Suggestions going forward are appreciated.

no idea but have had no issues however i'm just running a rooted stock JB rom not sure if that matters. but my signal has not dropped from 4g at all in the office since the update.

etmccreary

Feb 20, 2012
no idea but have had no issues however i'm just running a rooted stock JB rom not sure if that matters. but my signal has not dropped from 4g at all in the office since the update.

It wouldn't even attempt to pick up 4G (I get great 4G reception at the office, had it prior to flashing); it was as if it were a 3G only device. Maybe I got a bad download or something....I seem to be the only one with this issue. Go figure, haha.

DoctorSasquatch

Jun 21, 2010
Hollister, CA
It wouldn't even attempt to pick up 4G (I get great 4G reception at the office, had it prior to flashing); it was as if it were a 3G only device. Maybe I got a bad download or something....I seem to be the only one with this issue. Go figure, haha.
I'm in the same boat. I had three bars on 4g sitting in a room, then flashed this and had two bars of 3g.
I usually have good 4g here at school but now I'm not really getting anything and I seem to be getting a really weak 3g signal

userfriendlyme

i wonder what gives i don't usually get terrible reception at work but since flashing its been full 4G bars haven't noticed anything dropping so far...but nothing like what you and the other poster are experiencing with being stuck on 3G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received the system update notification (JRO03O) within the past hour. See pic.
    OK gentlemen, this is definitely a testing build. It requires you first install the IMM76Q update. So you need to flash to IMM76K, upgrade to IMM76Q, then to JRO03O. The link is here:

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-mysid-JRO03O-from-IMM76Q.4a91da6c.zip

All the thanks goes to El Madhatter. I'm mirroring the file at randomphantasmagoria.com as I speak.
    Somehow El Madhatter has a VZW testing phone. He got the IMM76Q update that borked search as well. He's credible. As with the IMM76Q update, I'm working with him via PM to get the filename. Everybody go rub one out and chill. We'll get the filename soon enough. :)

Since there's no support documentation, this is most definitely a testing build. Who knows if this will be the actual OTA, but at least we know it's being tested!
    Looks like the Sprint GNex just received JRO03U with radio FH05 for both CDMA and LTE. Kernel date 8/28. Given that both are CDMA/LTE devices, can we assume that Verizon has yet another version of JB in testing?

Nope, apples and oranges. The Sprint Gnex has a kernel that's built by Samsung, not Google. Notice the [email protected] and the build date being in KST (Korean Standard Time). That's because the Sprint Gnex gets updates from Samsung, not Google. Verizon gets updates direct from Google and uses the AOSP kernel. So an 8/28 build date on the kernel only means that's when Samsung built it. It doesn't mean Google has done a new build for Verizon.

I wouldn't doubt it. Remember how the Verizon Gnex saw that 4.0.3 leak that never became official? I'm sure that's what's happening now.

IMM30B is what you're talking about. That was actually an early build of 4.0.4. But another IMM30B is probably not what we're seeing here. Keep in mind that every single Google-updated Nexus device (including the WiFi-only and VZW Xoom) are getting JRO03(X) builds for Jelly Bean:

JRO03C (GSM Gnex)
    JRO03D (Nexus 7)
    JRO03E (GSM Nexus S worldwide except Telstra Australia)
    JRO03H (WiFi Xoom and VZW has approved this for their Xoom and will hopefully be rolling it out soon)
    JRO03L (GSM Nexus S on Telstra Australia)
    JRO03O (VZW Gnex Testing Build)
    JRO03R (Nexus S 4G on Sprint)

The only one we still don't know about is the Korea Nexus S, though my money is on JRO03E.

If Jelly Bean had an IMM30B case, it would have probably been JRN84D which shipped on the Nexus 7 and was also released to those GSM Gnex devices that they gave away at IO 2012. That was the one that let them work out the bugs.

If 4.1.1/JRO03(X) builds weren't intended for every Google-updated Nexus device, they would have done a limited rollout to one or two devices, a-la 4.0.3 and made everyone else wait for a 4.1.2 release. Also, historically, whatever updates the GSM Gnex gets, Verizon gets too eventually. They both got ITL41(X) builds for 4.0.1, they both got ICL53F for 4.0.2, they both got IMM76(X) builds for 4.0.4. The GSM Gnex never got 4.0.3 and neither did Verizon.

The only devices that got 4.0.3 were the 900 MHz (T-Mobile) GSM version of the Nexus S and the WiFi-only Xoom. All other Nexus S devices, as well as the VZW Xoom and all Galaxy Nexus devices stayed put on whatever their most recent firmware was until 4.0.4 came out. There was much ire out of the Nexus S camp that the AT&T and Sprint devices were stuck on Gingerbread until 4.0.4 came out, while the T-Mobile camp got to have all their ICS goodness. What they didn't realize was that the 4.0.3 build for the Nexus S was anything but "ICS goodness". It was absolutely craptastic and most of us who ran it as a daily driver hated it. There were more problems with that build than I could possibly list. haha Apparently the 4.0.3 build for the WiFi-only Xoom (IML77) was much better and I remember being really bummed that VZW didn't get it...and to pour salt on the wound, we got a system update a month after the WiFi Xoom got ICS...but the VZW update wasn't ICS...it was a Honeycomb update that did nothing but fix an issue with restoring data connectivity after coming out of airplane mode. haha
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone