Galaxy Nexus White Housing

Search This thread

ztm.000

Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys, has anyone seen white housing OEM parts floating around the web for purchase? Its extremely easy to pop the titanium housing off, and I, personally would love to have the ability to change the two out whenever I'd like. The titanium housing is easy to find which is a plus, but I'd still like white just for kicks.

Thanks guys.

Sent from a yakju GSGN

leonironchef

Feb 10, 2012
Is that the same as a case? coz Ebay has plenty of white ones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
I've only seen the white OEM battery backdoor but I'd imagine the casing will start to go around soon. The best part about this, after all, is the face-plate of the white phone is left as black.

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
I've been looking for this too. Hopefully it won't be too long from now. I'm sure they know that some of the users may need the white housing,

Radsolutionz

Sep 16, 2011
Dallas, TX
this is one of the rare cases where the original color of the phone looks 10 time better than the white one... im just saying... i love the titanium.... the white just doesnt sit right with me... plus it isnt going to get its updates directly from google... is u have the gsm titanium one... id say stick with it... just saying

EVIL JIMMY

Dec 30, 2011
Bristol
danjoyce1.blogspot.com
this is one of the rare cases where the original color of the phone looks 10 time better than the white one... im just saying... i love the titanium.... the white just doesnt sit right with me... plus it isnt going to get its updates directly from google... is u have the gsm titanium one... id say stick with it... just saying

We're just looking to swap the housing over, so we will still have the titanium one, just in a fancy new suit ;)

I'm torn between the two colours, and really just want some variation!

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Ugh I want a white one too. And with only the white door available for sale on Ebay its like the people are taunting and teasing us about not being able to have it.

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV

You did a lot of "just saying".

I'm just saying. Lol.:D

nickzkcin

Feb 21, 2012
Singapore
I'm from Singapore and we're the first country to get the white galaxy nexus. I still went with the titanium one as imo the white is horrendous looking.

ztm.000

Dec 29, 2008
I'm from Singapore and we're the first country to get the white galaxy nexus. I still went with the titanium one as imo the white is horrendous looking.

Yeah, it would be different if the glass was white too. But it's not. Oh well. It would be nice to change its clothes every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
You would still get the updates directly from google, noting is changed on it except the housing, all hardware and software are the same.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

i found one with the limited edition backing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cute-Batter...ccessories&hash=item256d8dc216#ht_4034wt_1219

say what???? the back cover and the body for 9.98?? fake or what man?? other threads people are buying for more than 30. anyone can prove whether this is legit?

5noc

Aug 3, 2010
The seller who sold the item above sells them in multiple colors.

THAT BACKING ONLY SOLD FOR $10.83... Omg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The things he sells in other colors are normal cases :p

If he's selling the titanium ones though it's a question of time the white housing arrives to eBay.

Just saying :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You did a lot of "just saying".

I'm just saying. Lol.:D
    kms108 - Was it REALLY necessary to quote and re-post all of the giant pictures that petsasj originally posted directly above you?
    Wow that looks pretty good, I am almost tempted to give it a shot with the one that I have....almost. :p

Seeing as you just did yours, I have a question; what tool(s) did you use to pop off the housing from the phone? I was watching this one earlier and the guy was using guitar picks to get it done and he needed a few wedged in there to get it off. All I got is the blue thing (in the pic I posted) that came with the housing that has that thin of a edge to get it wedged in there.

Yea, sorry I didn't remove the pics from my post. I used that blue tool they sent with the housing. You just have to take your time with it as the tool is a little weak, but it worked. Once you take the screws out it is very easy to get that tool between the housing and the screen. The top right corner was the easiest to come off and you just have to carefully work it around the edge of the phone. I went around the phone about two or three times carefully lifting the housing away from the screen. That is the main reason why it took about 10 mins to replace. Once the housing comes off everything else is simple and snaps back into place. One thing though... I watched the same vid. When he removed the sticker from the pogo pins I noticed that the sticker was there in the original housing and I left it there in the white housing.
    Let me know if you would like me to explain anything in more detail. I will be checking this thread for more questions.

It's like I have a new phone!
    White White White

Got the white Housing and here are some pictures:

http://img854.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn3031u.jpg