Galaxy Note 10.1 ROOTED! [ClockworkMod Recovery Is HERE!][HighOnAndroid Custom ROM]

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Just rooted Galaxy Note 10.1!

AzzC29uCQAADzdz.jpg

New thread here for rooting

New thread here for CWM

New thread here for HighOnAndroid "TrainWreck" Custom ROM

Last edited:

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Let us be very clear, this is absolutely the wrong place for this thread - this is the Tab 10.1 section, not the Note 10.1 section, they are different devices.
If your device doesn't have a section yet, you don't just pick one you like the look of, you use the Android General section.

However, in this case, as there will be a proper Note 10.1 section opened soon the thread can stay. I can see little point in moving it just so it can be moved again in a few days.

As for other threads about the Note 10.1, they should be started in the correct place or you should just hold off until the new section has been opened.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Has anyone tried just flashing SuperSU in recovery?

Many of Samsung's ICS recoveries seem to happily flash stuff that is signed with testkeys - it was confirmed recent I9100 releases seem to happily flash SuperSU directly, no Odin hax or anything like that necessary.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Has anyone tried just flashing SuperSU in recovery?

Many of Samsung's ICS recoveries seem to happily flash stuff that is signed with testkeys - it was confirmed recent I9100 releases seem to happily flash SuperSU directly, no Odin hax or anything like that necessary.

please show me how to do that and will try it tomorrow!

P.S. just got CWM recovery working!
12%2B-%2B1

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let us be very clear, this is absolutely the wrong place for this thread - this is the Tab 10.1 section, not the Note 10.1 section, they are different devices.
    If your device doesn't have a section yet, you don't just pick one you like the look of, you use the Android General section.

However, in this case, as there will be a proper Note 10.1 section opened soon the thread can stay. I can see little point in moving it just so it can be moved again in a few days.

As for other threads about the Note 10.1, they should be started in the correct place or you should just hold off until the new section has been opened.
    Isn't there a Galaxy Note 10.1 section? This is the Galaxy Tab 10.1 section. Two different tablets.

No not yet til next week I spoke with svetius and he said next week they are adding one. I am thinking it has to do with the 15th most likely being the official release of it and not just the europe one and black version :D
    And what do you think about developing? In the first days there were not nearly as much roms for the 3G version of 10.1 than the wifi one, as in the US the vast majority owned the wifi one.

Not sure, time will only tell. I actually think 3G will be more popular since you can make calls now unlike tab 10.1 3G.
    Zedomax,
    please, my device is showing this error when i was trying to push the super SU on to it. I think it is because the binary counter has been tripped and it is showing this red triangle.

Kindly see the attachment.
    Many thanks for assisting.

View attachment 3343985

Hi,
    looks like you dont have cwm installed. Search for philz touch for your device and flash it with odin. After that go to recovery and install supersu.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone