Galaxy Note 2 Best Screen Protector??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JohnnyRocks

Dec 27, 2012
I'm certainly not going to test an iSmooth or any other brand on a real phone.

Then that all but prevents you from making a claim as to the superior impact protection that yours provides, does it not? If you are going to state that one benefit of yours, over a SPECIFIC competitor (on a public forum, no less, where you are NOT allowed to promote your own product), is that it provides impact protection that the competitor does NOT, then you should have some sort of proof. The same type of proof that you are asking me (a customer who has provided a review of your product), to provide.

You can't have it both ways, and, again, you are creating a TON of ill will with your BLATANT promotion of your product in what should ONLY be a customer service capacity for you on this forum.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Sir, when you state, among other things:

JLG is clearer, feels far more like glass, is impact resistant, is stain resistant (stuff wipes off), and a ton more. If you drop the iSmooth it will do nothing to protect the glass.

You are NOT providing any customer service. You are breaking the very rules that were outlined for you right here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37263505&postcount=1069

In that post, a moderator indicated that you are ONLY allowed on here to provide customer service, NOT to "plug, sell, promote, link to, or in any way endorse your own product."

Furthermore, how is it that I'm posting "incorrect information about your product"? It's a review. It's an opinion. ISmooth's product is JUST as smooth (if not smoother) than yours, and, JUST as clear (if not clearer) and, is MORE resistant to scracthing. All those are opinions, and, you can't disprove them any more than I can prove them. And, one thing that is quite quantifiable. $1.66 per protector for the Ismooth (if you get the 3 free ones that they provide), $3.33 (even if you don't), versus $14 per protector for the JLG.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Then that all but prevents you from making a claim as to the superior impact protection that yours provides, does it not? If you are going to state that one benefit of yours, over a SPECIFIC competitor (on a public forum, no less, where you are NOT allowed to promote your own product), is that it provides impact protection that the competitor does NOT, then you should have some sort of proof. The same type of proof that you are asking me (a customer who has provided a review of your product), to provide.

You can't have it both ways, and, again, you are creating a TON of ill will with your BLATANT promotion of your product in what should ONLY be a customer service capacity for you on this forum.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Sir, when you state, among other things:

JLG is clearer, feels far more like glass, is impact resistant, is stain resistant (stuff wipes off), and a ton more. If you drop the iSmooth it will do nothing to protect the glass.

You are NOT providing any customer service. You are breaking the very rules that were outlined for you right here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37263505&postcount=1069

In that post, a moderator indicated that you are ONLY allowed on here to provide customer service, NOT to "plug, sell, promote, link to, or in any way endorse your own product."

Furthermore, how is it that I'm posting "incorrect information about your product"? It's a review. It's an opinion. ISmooth's product is JUST as smooth (if not smoother) than yours, and, JUST as clear (if not clearer) and, is MORE resistant to scracthing. All those are opinions, and, you can't disprove them any more than I can prove them.

Alert the moderator then.

None of that was promotion it was all in response to your post about my product.

All of the information I posted is nothing new - anyone who researched or buys the product knows this.

I never said iSmooth was more or less resistant to scratching than JLG.

As far as impact resistance I have 3rd party test results and video's. iSmooth doesn't even make the claim of impact protection.

If you are going to attack my product with incorrect or misleading information I am ALLOWED to respond. It's not promotion. If I was promoting I would be posting my information as a post rather than a response.

Quite honestly I come here to do support for what I consider friends.

Go ahead and run me off.

JohnnyRocks

Dec 27, 2012
The problem (one of them at least) is that you are likely dissuading potentially negative reviews of your product for fear that you are going to jump on them, as you have jumped on MANY on here.

I no longer see too many people jumping to your defense, and, in fact, quite the opposite. I see alot of people jumping on you for the very reasons that I'm pointing out. You are OVER STEPPING YOUR BOUNDS. You have NO RIGHT to come on here and try to disprove my opinion about your product. Now, if I said it was made in China (which it's not), or otherwise posted something that was factually inaccurate, you would have EVERY right to come on here and correct the person. Not so when dealing with people's opinions, and, you are overstepping.

I have, in fact, already, PM'ed a moderator. I thought, in all honesty, until recently, that your level of customer service was wonderful. While I do believe that you try to take care of customers with problems, I'm no longer all that sympathetic towards you.

Nothing that I posted was incorrect or misleading. An opinion, by it's very definition, can't be correct or incorrect. And, you have absolutely NO right to attempt to refute one. Your rights on these forums begins and ends with customer service, and refuting FACTUALLY incorrect information. When I state that ISmooth is a better product than yours (and, make no mistake, it is), you should NOT be allowed to come on here and refute it.

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
The problem (one of them at least) is that you are likely dissuading potentially negative reviews of your product for fear that you are going to jump on them, as you have jumped on MANY on here.

I no longer see too many people jumping to your defense, and, in fact, quite the opposite. I see alot of people jumping on you for the very reasons that I'm pointing out. You are OVER STEPPING YOUR BOUNDS. You have NO RIGHT to come on here and try to disprove my opinion about your product. Now, if I said it was made in China (which it's not), or otherwise posted something that was factually inaccurate, you would have EVERY right to come on here and correct the person. Not so when dealing with people's opinions, and, you are overstepping.

I have, in fact, already, PM'ed a moderator. I thought, in all honesty, until recently, that your level of customer service was wonderful. While I do believe that you try to take care of customers with problems, I'm no longer all that sympathetic towards you.

Quite honestly it's people like you that cause me to re-think even coming to the forum here.

The fact that you go banana's over someone disagreeing with you is warped.

I have a business to run. If someone attacks the business I will respond.

You have been confrontational. Why didn't you let me say my piece and let others make their own decision?

Are you threatened? Do you work for iSmooth. I don't get it.

Honestly you have a problem.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quite honestly it's people like you that cause me to re-think even coming to the forum here.

You have been confrontational. Why didn't you let me say my piece and let others make their own decision?

Are you threatened? Do you work for iSmooth. I don't get it.

Honestly you have a problem.

This is what you said

"JLG-Very Smooth, and, VERY clear. But, there is a huge chance of "installer error" affecting the outcome of the install. Even if you manage to install perfectly, it's going to have some residual moisture for several days. This, of course, is a product of the fact that it's a wet install, but, I've done a ton of wet installs in the past (not just on this phone), and, the JLG takes longer than most to sort out. There is also a VERY pronounced rainbow effect. It's mostly when the screen is off, but, it IS visible (if you look closely and at the right angle), even with the screen on. It also scratches EXTREMELY easily. "

You contradict yourself in every post.

JohnnyRocks

Dec 27, 2012

This is a joke right? Let's analyze each of your deluded points, one by one. But, first, I would like to make an introduction. Pot, meet kettle.

1-My going bananas over someone disagreeing with me? At NO POINT have I gone bananas over someone disagreeing with me. In fact, nobody has...Just you...The owner of the company.

2-I'd love to know where, exactly, I "attacked your business"

3-Why didn't I let you say your piece? Is this a joke? You've "said your piece" every single time that anyone has posted ANYTHING negative (myself, or anyone else) about your product. The question is, why can't YOU let anyone else "say their piece" about your product, without chiming in?

This is, in all honesty, your funniest post to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone take a pic of the Spigen UC protector on their Note 2?
    I heard it doesn't completely cover the screen and leaves a good chunk of lip.

renapy5e.jpg

hu9uvy7u.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Be a little carefull witj jlg. Got a cheep phone case and a lot of flack from scott. Paypal is now involved. Never got the screen protector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Alot of flack?

You emailed me SIX times on Saturday frantic trying to get me to refund your money. You sent me pictures of products that you "received" from me that we don't carry and my fulfillment center said they don't even ship.

I called Paypal before you did today and warned them about you. As I expected you put in a claim. I've already responded with proof that we did not ship these items to you. I've also asked Paypal to retain the records so I can press charges against you criminally.

You're trying to defraud me. I guess there is a first time and you are it.

If anyone wonders what he said we sent to him here is the picture he emailed to me...

img00032ue.jpg

What Michael doesn't know is that I'm a 20 year trial attorney, an American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator and a Florida Supreme Court Mediator.

Anyone on XDA knows I send out replacements and refund money immediately. I'm known for my customer service. If you had an ounce of credibility you would have had the money Saturday.

Scott
    I am about ready to build a damn clean room so I can put a screen protector on without getting that one tiny fleck of whatever it is that's attracted to my screen right before I place the protector on. 1 of 2 things always happens; 1) I get a fleck of dust or small fuzzy somethingorother under the protector... or 2) I finally get the protector on without any dust, only to find I placed it on ever so crooked. 4 protectors later, FML. Of course when I put my wifes protector on her Note 2... not a single problem!

Two things that REALLY make the installation perfect ever time...1. Install in the bathroom after running the shower on hot for about 5 mins and the curtain open (steam gets rid of all the dust). 2. Get a spray bottle filled with water...spray up in the air all around the bathroom about a min before installation...that will attach to any remaining dust and take it out of the air. Do this and you will be fine every single time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Gotcha. Tapping one side really helps if you're having trouble getting it perfect. I've just not had a problem getting then perfect. Not quite sure what type of environment some of the people here are trying to put them on in, but I've never had any issue with lint or dust.

Sent from my SGNII

dust_storm.jpg
    Read your useless manuals...

"Useless" since your not reading it...

Do not use lcd protectors....

Please do not call people useless until you find out the truth....screen protectors do not effect the screen at all...even Samsung sells screen protectors themselves

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium