Galaxy note 20 ultra advise please

Search This thread

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
Hi guys. I was a huge Samsung fans for years, I left Samsung for LG and later huawei when I had pink lines on Samsung screens. I wanna get back to Samsung cause Huawei no longer has Google. I have held a note 10 plus in my hand and loved the feel and looks. But currently in my country I can't really get new notes 10 plus. I was looking at a note 20 ultra. I haven't seen anyone with it and shops don't have yet for display. When I do reviews people keep saying is huge compared to note 10 plus (when I see specs does not look much). I want your guys advice deciding in what to get. Is note 20 ultra, really huge and feels huge compared to note 10 plus? What's pros and cons from someone that had both, and should I try look for a note 10 plus or should I just go with 20 ultra?

jsusang

Jun 10, 2020
The N20U is not much bigger than the N10+. Both are very nice phones.

Hubby has a N10+ with the Samsung SpiderMan case.

Since Samsung and Google have worked out a lot of the bugs in Android 11, I enjoy using the N20U more.

Android 11 is not my favorite Android OS (scoped storage), lol.

N10+ has Android 10.
N20U should receive updates for 3 years, I think.

You could debloat or root the phone...

I debloated my N20U, and use F-droid apps, and some apps from XDA developers.

S pen was moved to the left side of the N20U, and the power/volume buttons on the right side.

The camera bump is weird.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I currently have a stock 10+ running on Pie.
    Pie is better than 10 or 11 with no scope storage.
    The 20U is the only other Samsung I would consider until Samsung and Google gets their heads out of their ... .

A used 10+ in good condition at around $600 is a good deal. Running on Pie it's very stable and fast.
    The battery isn't that hard to replace if you take your time with the rear cover and use isopropyl alcohol for that and the battery adhesive strips.

Reactions: jsusang

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Had to resort to google search to understand what scoped storage is and from what I can see it's not necessarily a bad thing for users when it comes to security. Am i missing something?

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Had to resort to google search to understand what scoped storage is and from what I can see it's not necessarily a bad thing for users when it comes to security. Am i missing something?

Not needed. Wastes cpu cycles and your time for nothing.
    In over 7 years using Androids have I ever had a malware issue scope storage would have help mitigate. In fact no forced factory resets due to malware, viruses or rootkits.
    So why would I want to slow down my device and use more battery?
    What's next an embedded CCP vivus detector?🤣

Reactions: dj24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      The N20U is not much bigger than the N10+. Both are very nice phones.

Hubby has a N10+ with the Samsung SpiderMan case.

Since Samsung and Google have worked out a lot of the bugs in Android 11, I enjoy using the N20U more.

Android 11 is not my favorite Android OS (scoped storage), lol.

N10+ has Android 10.
      N20U should receive updates for 3 years, I think.

You could debloat or root the phone...

I debloated my N20U, and use F-droid apps, and some apps from XDA developers.

S pen was moved to the left side of the N20U, and the power/volume buttons on the right side.

The camera bump is weird.
      I currently have a stock 10+ running on Pie.
      Pie is better than 10 or 11 with no scope storage.
      The 20U is the only other Samsung I would consider until Samsung and Google gets their heads out of their ... .

A used 10+ in good condition at around $600 is a good deal. Running on Pie it's very stable and fast.
      The battery isn't that hard to replace if you take your time with the rear cover and use isopropyl alcohol for that and the battery adhesive strips.

Not needed. Wastes cpu cycles and your time for nothing.
      In over 7 years using Androids have I ever had a malware issue scope storage would have help mitigate. In fact no forced factory resets due to malware, viruses or rootkits.
      So why would I want to slow down my device and use more battery?
      What's next an embedded CCP vivus detector?🤣
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone