Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

drift_amit

Sep 19, 2009
Chennai
Note 3 Exynos or Note 3 SD800 (w/o Warranty)

hey guys
will be buying the Note 3 today
would like to know the performance of the device of the either processors,
warranty is not really important because i will gonna root it soon, but my main concern is the performance and developer's choice and where can i get the SD version cheaper in Chennai and the current market price for the Exynos version
please let me know ASAP

Regards
Amit

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
Hi guys i just got a note 3 and I'm facing a problem.
Whenever I do a contact search it doesn't show contacts with phone numbers but shows only synced contacts(facebook,whatsapp etc)
But if I find contacts manually by scrolling or from A-Z line on the right, I can find the contacts with numbers.
This is kind of a weird problem.
Anyone faced this? Solution?
My phone is not rooted and updated to latest firmware.

NoteboyTech

Apr 23, 2013
Delhi
techtactics-by-rbhk.blogspot.in
Hi guys i just got a note 3 and I'm facing a problem.
Whenever I do a contact search it doesn't show contacts with phone numbers but shows only synced contacts(facebook,whatsapp etc)
But if I find contacts manually by scrolling or from A-Z line on the right, I can find the contacts with numbers.
This is kind of a weird problem.
Anyone faced this? Solution?
My phone is not rooted and updated to latest firmware.

Go to contacts app and then there you would have the option of contacts only with phones.. tick that and then search..
Hit thanks please

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
Go to contacts app and then there you would have the option of contacts only with phones.. tick that and then search..
Hit thanks please

I already did that but didn't help. Contacts with no numbers don't show normally but whenever i do a search they pop up.
Never mind, I deleted all contacts, restored them and stopped sync. Everything's normal now.

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Hit thanks please

I have a friend also having same problem
he has like 5000 contacts & he cant search them

Does he have to sync contacts with gmail & then only it will showup ??
he also has a iPhone & and says doesn't face this proble there :(

or this there a thread for this issue for people who have many contacts ?
Please help

NoteboyTech

Apr 23, 2013
Delhi
techtactics-by-rbhk.blogspot.in
I have a friend also having same problem
he has like 5000 contacts & he cant search them

Does he have to sync contacts with gmail & then only it will showup ??
he also has a iPhone & and says doesn't face this proble there :(

or this there a thread for this issue for people who have many contacts ?
Please help
I deleted all contacts, restored them and stopped sync. Everything's normal now.
Do this!

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Samsung hub.
You needs to restore lib file too.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Only Samsung hub apk and libs or other any apks from Samsung bloat-ware ?

Another query,

Have you ever tried unpacking and repacking samsung tar.md5 firmware files ?

I replace the stock boot.img with insecure one (default.prop>ro.debug.secure=0) and stock recovery.img with TWRP-recovery.img and repack with [TOOL] TAR.MD5 PACKAGER.

The repacked tar.md5 is 1.94 GB where as the original is 1.25 GB

I flash it anyway thru odin.

When phone boots thru first time i get an error " Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped " . Upon searching on XDA i found that this error is not correctable and I have to replace it with any other keyboard from play store.

I know there are pre-rooted firmwares available on the forum but i want to make it myself.

Is there any other way to repack the tar.md5 files so that i do not get the error ?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
You want to make prerooted then you have to unpack system.img and have to add root files. No meaning to repack with cwm, BTW since note3 there is no much role of prerooted there, bcoz flashing such rom also voids warranty and no meaning to make exercise.

Reactions: iamsuperuser

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
You want to make prerooted then you have to unpack system.img and have to add root files. No meaning to repack with cwm, BTW since note3 there is no much role of prerooted there, bcoz flashing such rom also voids warranty and no meaning to make exercise.

Okay, I see many roms for Notes ,I mean zips.

I'm trying to make one of my own but can't seem to get the symlinks & set_metadata right

I tried searching for kitchens but there are none that fully support SM-N900 for KitKat 4.4.2

I've used Dr. ketan's Rom many times, how do you get symlinks & set_metadata right ?

what tool do you use ?

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Use disxda kitchen

I always used that, but nobody updated it for kitkat.

I had to edit some scripts to change root, busy box and deodex processes.

The update binary it uses is outdated , symlinks are outdated and uses set_perm instead of set_metadata.

Even set_perm are easy but symlinks are really hard to get them right.

I would really like your help on this if you could.

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
S5 can't compete with Note 4.... The built and design quality of Note Series is far better than S Series... And Note 4 would be HMP Hexacore and not Octa... Also it would be having 4 gb RAM because Samsung unveiled its 4gb RAM in 2013 itself... Also it would be running a 20 nm 64 bit CPU architecture.... And 20.7 mp camera with OIS is quite confirmed... Also IP67 certified waterproofing... And 2560*1600 QHD display... And fingerprint scanner in the home button itself...

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

S5 also has HMP and no I don't think note 4 would have 64 bit or 4gb ram
,again a octa core is enough ,no hex core or something?

Last edited:

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
chennai
S5 also has HMP and no I don't think note 4 would have 64 bit or 4gb ram
,again a octa core is enough ,no hex core or something?

Octa=8 and hexa=6. Always note series would be a update to s4 hardware. Seeing that, it could have a octa with high clock speed and may be a bigger ram too. Even 64 bit is possible.

Last edited:

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
Snapdragon's 808/810 are 64 bit. It is highly likely note 4 will get this SOC. The next-gen Exynos may or may not be 64 bit.

We won't see S808/810 before 2015 according to anandtech

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Octa=8 and hexa=6. Always note series would be a update to s4 hardware. Seeing that, it could have a hexa with high clock speed and may be a bigger ram too. Even 64 bit is possible.

Hexa was for N3 neo normal version had Octa.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone