Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

drrkgupta

Apr 29, 2008
Gujarat
Installed the new update through Kies. The file downladed was about 1.2 GB in size and the tar file is 1.94 GB in size (N900XXUDND1_N900ODDDNA3_N900DDUDNC1_HOME.tar).
Upgraded any ROM through Kies for the first time! The upgrade process is very easy and is similar to the odin update! May be with time the developers will find a file which is just tar file which we have to copy in the temp folder and the kies update will flash it for us! No using Odin!

drrkgupta

Apr 29, 2008
Gujarat
Just saw this new feature " Safety Assistance". Don't know if it was there before!

Any new features observed??

Was hoping for the ultra power saving Mode! :(
May be some one will make an apk for it!

Attachments

• 2014-05-01-07-32-47.jpg
    2014-05-01-07-32-47.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 121

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Installed the new update through Kies. The file downladed was about 1.2 GB in size and the tar file is 1.94 GB in size (N900XXUDND1_N900ODDDNA3_N900DDUDNC1_HOME.tar).
Upgraded any ROM through Kies for the first time! The upgrade process is very easy and is similar to the odin update! May be with time the developers will find a file which is just tar file which we have to copy in the temp folder and the kies update will flash it for us! No using Odin!

The OTA update is of only 29 MB. How come the update through kies is 1.28 GB ? After update, was your device completely wiped and factory reset ?

And safety assistance is now a basic feature available on almost all new Samsung devices.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NoteboyTech

Apr 23, 2013
Delhi
techtactics-by-rbhk.blogspot.in
The OTA update is of only 29 MB. How come the update through kies is 1.28 GB ? After update, was your device completely wiped and factory reset ?

And safety assistance is now a basic feature available on almost all new Samsung devices.

Cause Kies downloads the full package like if you update via Odin so from sammobile you'll download the full package therefore same way kies does! yet it is safer!

Reactions: digesh9870

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Nope.. unless some major error occurs causing u to lose data.. thats why sammy warns to backup data with kies before updating!
but i have never heard of such occurence..

Okay. Have you noticed any changes in the new update? Where can we find the changelog of the update?

One more query. After the update, whenever any update of apps appear on play store, and after I update the app, the same update would appear again instantly. Any app would be updated only if I update it twice. Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Okay. Have you noticed any changes in the new update? Where can we find the changelog of the update?

One more query. After the update, whenever any update of apps appear on play store, and after I update the app, the same update would appear again instantly. Any app would be updated only if I update it twice. Please help. Thanks

I don't own the phone.. So idk!
U can check it out in kies.. They mention the changes.. But if it's a small update, they will simply mention it as a "stability update"..

Well that shouldn't happen.. But u can ask others whi own the phone!

drrkgupta

Apr 29, 2008
Gujarat
The updation process reminded me of the rom flashing which I did on my galaxy s2 via cwm or mobile odin! Same upgrading the apps as was after installation and cleaning of cache.
My device did not undergo factory reset at the time of updation.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

drrkgupta

Apr 29, 2008
Gujarat
Friends just read this post from another thread about resetting the knox counter!

[Bounty] [02.12.2014] Reset KNOX counter to 0x0 (UPDATE: $3173) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2486346&page=32

Somator posted that - (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52285916&postcount=1551)

"Samsung's Odin Bootloader tar file used in Service Centers for reseting Knox counter to 0x0.
Only (?) for HA3GZS version.
Use on your own risk, if you do not know what it is, do not touch the file.

Enjoy.

for the dl link look at sxtp thread, i do not want Samsung hitting on me "

Chainfire too has checked it out but is keeping his fingers crossed on working on this !

Do check the link for the flashing file ( http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-note-3-knox-fix-qualcomm/)

Please if possible people who have rooted can check this file! may be it will keep the root and reset the knox counter to zero :D

RuchRha

Aug 1, 2013
Gurgaon
Friends just read this post from another thread about resetting the knox counter!

[Bounty] [02.12.2014] Reset KNOX counter to 0x0 (UPDATE: $3173) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2486346&page=32

Somator posted that - (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52285916&postcount=1551)

"Samsung's Odin Bootloader tar file used in Service Centers for reseting Knox counter to 0x0.
Only (?) for HA3GZS version.
Use on your own risk, if you do not know what it is, do not touch the file.

Enjoy.

for the dl link look at sxtp thread, i do not want Samsung hitting on me "

Chainfire too has checked it out but is keeping his fingers crossed on working on this !

Do check the link for the flashing file ( http://sxtpdevelopers.com/samsung-note-3-knox-fix-qualcomm/)

Please if possible people who have rooted can check this file! may be it will keep the root and reset the knox counter to zero :D

If you would have had a search/look at the thread in developers only section regarding Knox you would have got the confirmation, anyway here's the link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=52329946

Last edited:

mayank shekhar

Apr 16, 2012
If you would have had a search/look at the thread in developers only section regarding Knox you would have got the confirmation, anyway here's the link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=52329946

Finally I can root now!!

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Correct just was able to download it... Any changes noticed?

Naa...no visual changes....i think it's just a small stability update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone