Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

alok_dhawal

Aug 24, 2009
After installing the latest update:

# No Download booster at all. Most probably its for LTE version only.
# Notification bar expand feels like lag
# Wifi to mobile data auto switch if unstable option moved to wifi window from advance
# Kids mode and other few as shown before install.
# GPS icon change to map marker.
# the most liking or disliking feature for few is: shutting down window with progress status popup when power off.
# Probably little changes when power on, didn’t see it carefully.
I read the N9005 improved the battery life for some people... Will have to wait and see if it's true

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
I read the N9005 improved the battery life for some people... Will have to wait and see if it's true

What happened is when downloading the update my battery was at 38% and after all done it was at 18%. Only this surprise me as the whole process took max 20minutes. So I will keep my eye on the battery performance. So far it is giving average 1.5 days.

kapiltulsan

Sep 27, 2011
Mumbai
Note 3 Freezes and then restarts

Hi Guys,

I got a second hand Note 3 last month.

All was well for weeks time, after that my phone started freezing and then soft rebooting for no reason. This is happening everywhere in app when viewing notification bar, surfing everywhere.

does anyone have this issue, or does anyone have a resolution for the same.

Details :
I am on 4.4.2
build KOT49H:N900XXUDND1
rooted
added some Xposed tweaks to it.

Thanks in advance for all the support.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

I got a second hand Note 3 last month.

All was well for weeks time, after that my phone started freezing and then soft rebooting for no reason. This is happening everywhere in app when viewing notification bar, surfing everywhere.

does anyone have this issue, or does anyone have a resolution for the same.

Details :
I am on 4.4.2
build KOT49H:N900XXUDND1
rooted
added some Xposed tweaks to it.

Thanks in advance for all the support.
For rooted device there could be many reason. I may not help in this. But still you can try a hard factory reset by three buttons (not form settings). Before that backup everything if you need any.

Looks for reasons, like after which apps installation this started. If you find any remove this 1st. Or if multiple apps, remove all and then see. Generally poor apps causes malfunction most of the time.

cellfrens

May 2, 2011
kolkata
no update available

After installing the latest update:

# No Download booster at all. Most probably its for LTE version only.
# Notification bar expand feels like lag
# Wifi to mobile data auto switch if unstable option moved to wifi window from advance
# Kids mode and other few as shown before install.
# GPS icon change to map marker. In notification bar and panel.
# the most liking or disliking feature for few is: shutting down window with progress status popup when power off.
# Probably little changes when power on, didn’t see it carefully.

No update available..not even showing "try later" etc..are you using the Indian version of the note 3? the exynos version? or sd800 version?

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
No update available..not even showing "try later" etc..are you using the Indian version of the note 3? the exynos version? or sd800 version?

Mine is a pure indian one N900 version, of course exynos. You can try manually update from setting about. I hope you already know that. Auto update sometime delays few days.

If you do check manual update either it will show “you have latest version installed” or it will start downloading if new available.

I’ve never heard about sd800, whats that? If yours is a genuine one then definitely it should update. In india updates doesn’t depend on career (for GSM mostly) it comes from Samsung directly.

rajat_delhi

Dec 11, 2012
Check now. Update is now available OTA. It may not depend on carrier but may depend on location. Yesterday it wasn't available in delhi but today it is.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

sub1n

Jan 22, 2011
Bangalore
Galaxy Note 3 SM9005 repair availability?

Hi Folks.

I have run into a terrible situation. Please let me know where can I get this done.

I have Note 3 Snapdragon 800 version bought from London. Its just 3 months old. Yesterday accidentally it was exposed to some rain water.
I dried it up for a day but today when I start it everything works except for the volume up key.

It was behaving abnormally at first with the volume slider automatically appearing and increasing the volume. But now its totally dead.
Volume down works, but volume up key does not function at all. Though you can use the volume down key and then touch the slider to up the volume.

Just replacing the volume key circuit should work and worst case it might be the board.
Please let me know if its possible to repair this phone in India via Samsung or any other good authorized centers.
BTW i'm in bangalore.

Thanks.

Last edited:

alok_dhawal

Aug 24, 2009
Upgraded to Latest update, no major changes... Just that Location icon in drop down setting is changed. Samsung got so much bloatware now that for new bloatware they have added links to download (Kid's Mode)!!

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014

Check now. Update is now available OTA. It may not depend on carrier but may depend on location. Yesterday it wasn't available in delhi but today it is.

We're both from kolkata, it should update at the same time, IF updates depends on location, which I don’t think so.

The good part for this update is it shows shut down progress. It would be great if this was showing ‘Closing applications’ like windows too.

aayushjoshi

Sep 23, 2011
Guys, i think i have asked this before too but let me ask again. I am in Bangalore on Vodafone with a N9005 model currently on Civz FlexKat ROM. Can someone please advise on the modem to be used that can be flashed and download link pls. Thanks. If possible drop me a pm.

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
Any idea how to get dark screen and rapid input working?? and did anyone notice that the status bar color is different when u open any app.??

Both of these work when talkback is on. They are extra accessibility options.
I didn't notice any change in color.

EDIT: I think the color is not complete black unlike earlier.
Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone