Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

cellfrens

May 2, 2011
kolkata
got the update

We're both from kolkata, it should update at the same time, IF updates depends on location, which I don’t think so.

The good part for this update is it shows shut down progress. It would be great if this was showing ‘Closing applications’ like windows too.

thanks for your replies friends..i have got the update today...:D

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Hi Folks.

I have run into a terrible situation. Please let me know where can I get this done.

I have Note 3 Snapdragon 800 version bought from London. Its just 3 months old. Yesterday accidentally it was exposed to some rain water.
I dried it up for a day but today when I start it everything works except for the volume up key.

It was behaving abnormally at first with the volume slider automatically appearing and increasing the volume. But now its totally dead.
Volume down works, but volume up key does not function at all. Though you can use the volume down key and then touch the slider to up the volume.

Just replacing the volume key circuit should work and worst case it might be the board.
Please let me know if its possible to repair this phone in India via Samsung or any other good authorized centers.
BTW i'm in bangalore.

Thanks.

Sad to hear it..but why did you buy it from abroad? it would have been easier for you to get it repaired if u wud have bought it from india..anyhow, you can try this link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

akshayadv

Nov 21, 2010
After the update, i have hard reset the device and reinstalled all apps. Encountering heating of the device near rear camera while using wifi. :(
Is anyone experiencing the same ?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
Got the update today, I am in MH. Lets see how this one fares. Notable change long entry was update to Knox version 2. And u cannot downgrade this to previous versions due to changes in the security policy.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
thanks for your replies friends..i have got the update today...:D
Welcome. Congrats on your new update :D

Another noticeable changes with the new update:

# If the Screen is on and power goes below 15% it wont sounds like past. It just popups the low battery notification. I think if the screen is off then it will sound. Just saw this today.

# Battery performance feels slightly increase like 3 hours than earlier on average use.

# Anyone with the new update see any lag on the notification panel swipe down? Mine working smoothly but it feels like when pulling down the notification its slower than earlier.

rajat_delhi

Dec 11, 2012
After the update, i have hard reset the device and reinstalled all apps. Encountering heating of the device near rear camera while using wifi. :(
Is anyone experiencing the same ?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Wait for 2 3 recharge cycles. Let the new update settle. I don't think if hard reset was required.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: akshayadv

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
Download booster is only for LTE users.
Also noticed two things
-The icons in pull down notification(wifi, bt etc) have also gone under little bit modification. They are more sleek and colors look bright.
-The calculator apps is of s5. No major change except one button is now green instead of orange. Also calculation result appear in green color.

Used virtual tour and quite liked it but it has a limited use.
I think we may get more updates with new touchwiz ui elements in them.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mayank shekhar

Apr 16, 2012
yes notification pull down is slow..... I'm wondering why Samsung did this?

Another Change...stock browser has a background now and some more changes.

Last edited:

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
Download booster is available in S5 LTE-A 2560*1440 version.

This works with even 3G.

Samsung's features are inconsistant as always....

M not going to update my N3 anymore.

The updates from now onwards will start introducing bugs so we will be tricked into buying N4...
Same happened with updates of my N2 and S4 during the release of N3...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drarif69

Jan 21, 2014
So i updated my note 3 today..and i feel there is some lag on the home screen ..anyone facing the same issue?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
yes notification pull down is slow..... I'm wondering why Samsung did this?

Another Change...stock browser has a background now and some more changes.

Thanks for confirming this, I was worried if this only for me.

Yes there have many changes, thank you all, by reading your post i see those new changes which I didnt find by myself.

salilpune1

Mar 16, 2010
PUNE
Those who feel Exynos Note 3 has very few ROMs to flash and waiting for Note 4 for a change.. well.. think again :p

Note 4:
"It is expected that Samsung will use a 5.7-inch bendable display with QHD (1440x2560p) resolution, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, 16MP camera and Android 4.4 (KitKat) in the Galaxy Note 4 variant that will hit 3G-dominant markets like India. Markets where 4G is more prevalent will get the Snapdragon 805 processor, while sharing other specifications."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ing-to-Galaxy-Note-4/articleshow/38355564.cms

So Samsung will be again selling Exynos variant in india it seems..

aayushjoshi

Sep 23, 2011
Guys, i think i have asked this before too but let me ask again. I am in Bangalore on Vodafone with a N9005 model currently on Civz FlexKat ROM. Can someone please advise on the modem to be used that can be flashed and download link pls. Thanks. If possible drop me a pm.

Anyone who has the above info?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone