Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

mahi198488

Mar 15, 2014
Kottayam, Kerala
Hi bro, Im also a mallu. Is it worth this upgrade? I have seen that 2.13 GB/ 2.66 GB ram usage in a video review, also some lags. May be Indian version will be much more better than Russian version. BTW , next roll out will be Thailand or Indian as the order of KK arrived.
i am using this version bro,
feeling same as KK (i was using Indian Version) except RAM usage ... deference in colour and spen only
some bugs there may be they will solve soon.
don't expect anything more in Indian ver. i am also waiting for that.

poolakkal Suresh

Jul 21, 2010
bangalore
Y not ?

Everything work as usual

I installed it on my note 3 gcc region

It is working fine and smooth

But need some improvements....

May be they will update it soon......
Otherwise will try to flash other region when it arrives

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Can u elaborate what did u mean by 'some improvements needed'? i'm planing to flash this official Russion lollipop version. i could see a mixed response on this Firmware. currently i'm on Love89 ROM since 2 months n it's truly a fantastic one. i'm confused whether to update or wait for some more time for a classy Lollipop. of course i can try n flash back to KK if i don't want but would b gr8 if u can share ur experience with current Lollipop version.

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
agra
I am trying to instal Lollipop on Note 3. Before doing this I found one post on XDA to backup the PIT file. Code for that is below. When I run this I am getting /system/bin/sh: su: not found error. How to fix it.
Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

jatin.lawyer

Apr 20, 2011
New Delhi
Please Help!!!

Please help !!! :crying:
I have installed Dr. Ketan Custom rom K14 (Kitkat)
selected sound mod as Boost - High
can it be possible to change sound mod to normal without flashing whole rom again. :confused:

mahi198488

Mar 15, 2014
Kottayam, Kerala
Please help !!! :crying:
I have installed Dr. Ketan Custom rom K14 (Kitkat)
selected sound mod as Boost - High
can it be possible to change sound mod to normal without flashing whole rom again. :confused:

Just flash rom again using cwm

In multitool installation

Then skip rom installation

Then select replace stock sound in sound mod skip all other modes and finish it. It will work

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I am trying to instal Lollipop on Note 3. Before doing this I found one post on XDA to backup the PIT file. Code for that is below. When I run this I am getting /system/bin/sh: su: not found error. How to fix it.
Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

My friend which ROM u r trying to install.. Russian version is only for SM-N900...

It seems u r trying to install that on sm-n9005...

It will brick your phone....

Last edited:

AeonXS

Sep 30, 2013
It seems sammy launched the update on note 3 first so it can check and solve the bugs of the lollipop rom on note 4. While we are left with a dying bugged update & forced to upgrade our phone.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

mahi198488

Mar 15, 2014
Kottayam, Kerala
It seems sammy launched the update on note 3 first so it can check and solve the bugs of the lollipop rom on note 4. While we are left with a dying bugged update & forced to upgrade our phone.

They will fix all bugs soon.... hope for the next update.

There is no hevy problems, like apn & fb fc issues in the leaked rom.....only minor bugs

Except that this is a nice version

AeonXS

Sep 30, 2013
When my brother updated his S3 from ICS to JB the phone started to heat up more & even after a reboot the ram usage was 70-80%. So yeah i have little hope after reading the posts about this Russian rom.

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
agra
Finally, Installed lollipop successfully on my note 3..

Will post detailed video tomorrow..
Faced small issues here and there specially unable to extract/find pit file.. thanks to xda people found the same in 1 of topic and used it.

Kindly let me know, any questions you have in mind on 4.4.2 and differences in lollipop, so i can try best to give me experience.

ambu.s.r

Jan 29, 2015
Trivandrum
Finally, Installed lollipop successfully on my note 3..

Will post detailed video tomorrow..
Faced small issues here and there specially unable to extract/find pit file.. thanks to xda people found the same in 1 of topic and used it.

Kindly let me know, any questions you have in mind on 4.4.2 and differences in lollipop, so i can try best to give me experience.
:good:

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
Urgent

I'm kind of in a situation and need some help

I was on L17 ROM and decided to go to L19
When i booted to recovery, i ended up in stock recovery but i had installed TWRP when i flashed L17 from 4.4.2
Now when i rebooted(without any flashing) all apps gave a force close and when i tried flashing TWRP through odin, odin throws an error.
Now i can only go in download mode and when i reboot/go to recovery i get a warning: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please go to kies recovery.

Now i'm trying to download package for my mobile from sammobile but everytime download is unsuccessful(stops at 200/400 mb).. is there any other websites from where i can get the package successfully?

Please provide some solution

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA

When i booted to recovery, i ended up in stock recovery but i had installed TWRP when i flashed L17 from 4.4.2
Now when i rebooted(without any flashing) all apps gave a force close and when i tried flashing TWRP through odin, odin throws an error.
Now i can only go in download mode and when i reboot/go to recovery i get a warning: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please go to kies recovery.

Now i'm trying to download package for my mobile from sammobile but everytime download is unsuccessful(stops at 200/400 mb).. is there any other websites from where i can get the package successfully?

u can find firmware here.....
http://samsung-updates.com/

Reactions: js2892

ambu.s.r

Jan 29, 2015
Trivandrum

http://live.samsung-updates.com

Last edited:
Reactions: js2892

cryostasis25

Apr 11, 2011
Yes I have but I own a N9005 unit so I flashed the right/compatible image for my phone. You can actually see their are some for different note 3 versions there. Also dont download the one that has the words "deodex,root etc as those are roms that can be flashed using a cistom recovery. And I think all files there contain the tar file inside the zip.

Reactions: mahi198488

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone