Galaxy note 3 indian users thread

Search This thread

drheart

Aug 22, 2014
Calicut
Hello fellas. I am having a note 3 N900 exynos variant which i had bought in dec 2013. I had rooted my fon and was going smoothly. I was fascinated by the charming looks of lollipop and i updated my os. All that glitters is not gold- the update literally taught me that. Very poor battery performance (100 to 0 in some 8 to 10h with screen time of 3h ,just moderate use with internet on. No gaming, no movies etc). I decided to buy a new battery thinking it will solve the issue and bought it online frm Amazon aftr reading all the reviews. I got the product today ans its much worse than my original battery. By 5h the battery is 38% !!. I am asking for a refund for the battery which does look original in its case ,serial no etc. Now i feel the major battery eater is lollipop itself and now i am thinking of going back to kitkat. I have a few questions, pls do answer them.

1. Can i revert back to kitkat like how i updated using odin and the firmware frm sammobiles ??

2. Will rooting the lollipop and installing greenify ,tb etc and removing the bloatwares help improve the battery life and reduce the ram usage ??

3. I would like to know wats the battery life of similar users with a 2yr old note 3

4. Please give detailed description of reverting back to kitkat ,things to be taken care not to brick the device

Tons of thanks in advance ☺

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hello fellas. I am having a note 3 N900 exynos variant which i had bought in dec 2013. I had rooted my fon and was going smoothly. I was fascinated by the charming looks of lollipop and i updated my os. All that glitters is not gold- the update literally taught me that. Very poor battery performance (100 to 0 in some 8 to 10h with screen time of 3h ,just moderate use with internet on. No gaming, no movies etc). I decided to buy a new battery thinking it will solve the issue and bought it online frm Amazon aftr reading all the reviews. I got the product today ans its much worse than my original battery. By 5h the battery is 38% !!. I am asking for a refund for the battery which does look original in its case ,serial no etc. Now i feel the major battery eater is lollipop itself and now i am thinking of going back to kitkat. I have a few questions, pls do answer them.

1. Can i revert back to kitkat like how i updated using odin and the firmware frm sammobiles ??

2. Will rooting the lollipop and installing greenify ,tb etc and removing the bloatwares help improve the battery life and reduce the ram usage ??

3. I would like to know wats the battery life of similar users with a 2yr old note 3

4. Please give detailed description of reverting back to kitkat ,things to be taken care not to brick the device

Tons of thanks in advance ☺

Yes, you can revert to KitKat, 4.4.2, any time you want.

But one thing, I am sure you took the OTA route for upgrading to Lollipop right? If that's the case then kindly do one more thing, take a backup of your apps and data via Titanium and wipe the phone COMPLETELY and flash Lollipop. See if the battery is better or not.

No, my phone isn't two years old, but it will be full one year very soon, and after upgrading to Lollipop my battery life has improved, in face quite a lot. However I am using the Snapdragon version.

Osama lakdawala

Nov 28, 2015
Can someone please post easy simple steps to root the note 3 SM-N900. I need to install greenify now and titanium backup, so please help.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Hey use odin . Search out for CF AUTO ROOT N900 ON XDA . And then flash the zip

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Guys can I flash any baseband version rom of note 3...... 5.0 lolipop except ( N9005XXUGBO12 ) ; ?

sagar281

Oct 2, 2014
anyone got ota for N900XXUEBOK2 ?
kies is also not showing any new update

Yup , i got a update notification via kies 3 which weighs around 1265 MB . check out the below images .

sj0i2Bc.jpg

After Update , this is how it looks

JVkbvG4.png

sjGACWH.png

aMk8FpV.png

Reactions: akashsgpgi

AeonXS

Sep 30, 2013
What does the update add ? Isn't android 6.0 a part of the 2year update system of android. Since marshmallow came before the 2 years of note 3 were up.

begimaad

Mar 17, 2012
What does the update add ? Isn't android 6.0 a part of the 2year update system of android. Since marshmallow came before the 2 years of note 3 were up.

As per the rumours, we wont get an upgrade unfortunately, to push us towards upgrading our phones.
It is quite difficult to believe anyone stating that they will push a major update to note 3 users.
Even if they do(i wish), they will take a hell of a long time to do so. :(

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

Ratnaveer Singh

Nov 29, 2012
Moradabad
I have the INU version of the android 5 and I didn't get any update via kies or ota, can somebody please explain this?

P.S. My device is not rooted so please you could escape that part.

raman99311

Feb 10, 2013
i installed the latest version using odin, did wiped data and cache, new rom was working fine except the battery backup. on screen time dropped from 5 hours to 3 hours, everything else was same except smart manager. so installed the old fw using odin, now getting 4.5+ hours od sot. would not recommend this update

Reactions: AeonXS

MrH672

Nov 14, 2013
Sammy guys r making this device laggy by pushing these updates to N3 as they want us to swtich to N5 or S6(new variants).. Hate Sammy for this..

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: AeonXS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just for laugh

ignore these types of posts:

1. where can i buy sm n9005 (the sd 800 version) galaxy note 3 in India (even though u cant get one officially)? and then someone replies "Gaffar market"...(yes, why not? best way to advertise grey market)

2.I'm having so much trouble with the galaxy note 3..it has killed my cat, destroyed my house..and still i don't want to go to service center..instead i will switch to x,y,z brand and now everything is OK..(seriously?)

3.i have found a magic shop and the shop owner wants to donate his gn3z so i got a galaxy note 3 @ 30 k with bill and warranty (oh, im so jealous of u)

last but not the least and most lamest

4. sd800 version is better than exynos version..(lol)
    Enable Unlock Effects :)

Hi, Im just sharing @xperiacle, who made this amazing job for our device. It brings all unlock effects without root or any other methods. Just simply install and select the unlocking method :)

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ts&rdid=com.xpe.app.galaxy.lockscreen.effects
    Mod Edit

I have received several complaints today.
    If you cannot hold a civil and polite conversation,I will close the whole thread.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    There is no need for this constant bickering.

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Okay so you guys have had two moderators post in this thread asking for you guys to settle down and I recently issued a few warnings via pm to some of you and yet the drama continues.

Thread temporarily closed.

Go cool off for a bit.

XDA Moderator

Edit

We are reopening this thread with the understanding that this is the last and final warning any further issues from this thread will result in its permanent closure and formal actions taken against any members account involved in said closure. Thread is to start clean from here do not quote any of the previous posts and if you have an issue with any post from this post forward report it, do NOT respond just move on.
    Haha.. Even Colgate wouldn't know about this.. Hope it works..

It won't be surprising if they bring Android developers in place of Dentist in next ad :p
    Developers ka suzaya no1 S-view cleaner ding dong.!

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium