• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Galaxy Note 3 Korean Users Thread

Search This thread

kalowinta

May 7, 2013
Just picked up the Galaxy Note 3 here in Korea. I am on the KT Olleh network and so far it is awesome! I also have the Note 2 which I just upgraded from, so this phone did impress me a bit. It is hard to find info on here for the Korean variant so I am creating a thread for us :eek:

NEW!!! Universal Root de la Vega is up! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46818375

I HAVE ROOTED WITHOUT TRIPPING THE KNOX.. WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED. IF YOU HAVE A KOREAN NOTE 3 PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIPS AND TRICKS!

THREAD CLOSED Root de la Vega KNOX 0x0 Root - Lots of Versions - No Exynos By @designgears & @Chainfire A BIG THANK YOU!

Can you please add our variant to the list? I am new so I cannot post to that thread for some reason.

AP: N900KKKUBMJ5

CP: N900KKKUBMJ5

CSC: N900KKTTBMJ5

Carrier: KT Olleh

Last edited:

drpal181

Mar 25, 2008
Why is it so difficult to buy one here in Korea? I have been seeing the note 3 for sale at the kiosks but no dice on buy the device without a contract. I have the cash in the bank. I already have a contract with olleh. How come I can not just buy a device and swap sim cards here? I trying not to rant but I am on day seven on trying to find a vendor that would sell.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Can you please add our variant to the list? I am new so I cannot post to that thread for some reason.

AP: N900KKKUBMJ1

CP: N900KKKUBMID

CSC: N900KKTTBMJ1

The only way is to post a bit more and then post on designgears' thread to tell him because that way he will see it and he updates the main thread fairly quickly.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!

Last edited:

kalowinta

May 7, 2013
Why is it so difficult to buy one here in Korea? I have been seeing the note 3 for sale at the kiosks but no dice on buy the device without a contract. I have the cash in the bank. I already have a contract with olleh. How come I can not just buy a device and swap sim cards here? I trying not to rant but I am on day seven on trying to find a vendor that would sell.

I don't know! They are crazy here.. I had to pay the remaining balance for the actual device I had on my last contract and also deactivate an old prepaid sim I purchase a few months ago on my account. Then get this one on a new contract... was a bit frustrating. But it was worth it. By the way one company told me $1200 for the phone without a contract. I found one for like $950.

Sent from my SM-N900K using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

p4j1

Nov 10, 2012
Do you guys get the built in antenna for tv for the note 3 too?

P.S. anyaseyo, kpop rocks! :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

alexander1995

May 30, 2012
Would you help me to ask leankernel developer in note3 original development to fix the NFC issue on Korean Version?

Sent from my SM-N900K using xda premium

kalowinta

May 7, 2013
Haha no I'm a guy lol. I usually just download them from KShowNow and AsiaTorrents. I know a little bit of Korean but not fluently, I am learning though :p. Where in Korea are you from?

Oh I see! I just XBMC for all my tv shows and movie needs. VPN for the uncensored stuff.. :p I wonder where Koreans get their uncensored needs.
Im close to Suwon.. you?

Sent from my SM-N900K using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts