• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Galaxy Note 3 Korean Users Thread

Search This thread

Eagle

Aug 9, 2016
Singapore
i am trying install Phronesis 6.5 its works great but facing problem with lte network .. it says radio device is off when is switch on lte after that i cant able to get signal . is that rom is suitable for my mobile .. i am also in smn900k .

Have you updated your bootloader and modem? Make sure they are updated. Are you in an area where it is hard to get signal / LTE? if so, try moving onto another area and check whether the problem still persist. As for radio device is off when switch to LTE, I do not know how to solve that as I am not facing those kind of issues. Ever.

Hi Raj there is no problem here at all.
Did you select proper CSC when you flashed ROM.
Try to clean install of rom and choose INU CSC will solve your problem.
And make sure did you update latest BL & CP of your device.

CSC does not make changes nor affect anything.

AsianKitten

Jul 1, 2013
Makati
How to unlock bootloader SM-N900S

Hi All,

I'm glad if you could help me. i have tried to install custom recovery(TWRP) but the error "Could not do normal reboot" appears. i guess my phone's bootloader was locked. how can i unlock this to install custom ROMS. :confused::confused:

Thanks,

Eagle

Aug 9, 2016
Singapore
Hi All,

I'm glad if you could help me. i have tried to install custom recovery(TWRP) but the error "Could not do normal reboot" appears. i guess my phone's bootloader was locked. how can i unlock this to install custom ROMS. :confused::confused:

Thanks,

You don't unlock your bootloader as it has nothing to do with locked and or unlocked bootloader as far as I know. Simply flash a kernel that is compatible with your device with the following words ; hlteskt.

The reason why it could not do normal boot was because you flashed the wrong kernel for your variant. I presumed you flashed hlteur kernel.

For Marshmallow, use LSS kernel although there is several other kernels but some are banned due to GPL related issues and or sources wasn't provided hence it is banned in XDA.

For Lollipop, use idlekernel.

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA Labs

AsianKitten

Jul 1, 2013
Makati
You don't unlock your bootloader as it has nothing to do with locked and or unlocked bootloader as far as I know. Simply flash a kernel that is compatible with your device with the following words ; hlteskt.

The reason why it could not do normal boot was because you flashed the wrong kernel for your variant. I presumed you flashed hlteur kernel.

For Marshmallow, use LSS kernel although there is several other kernels but some are banned due to GPL related issues and or sources wasn't provided hence it is banned in XDA.

For Lollipop, use idlekernel.

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA Labs

thank you very much you save my life have flashed the proper twrp and kernel for my n900s mobile phone and it now works great.. cheers.

Hyvahar

May 14, 2014
I found something..
I tried to find out why N900S LTE doens't work in Finland.
Hidden menu LTE band change doesn't work but by accident i did something it works now all band.
Here is i did.
hidden menu
[1]UMTS --> [6] COMMON --> [6]NV REBUILD -->[1] NV REBUILD --> [3]SYSTEM,PROTOCOL,GPS,IMS

And the reboot but phone seems like not working i was waiting and waiting and then reboot couple times.
Then phone works normal and LTE is working now.
I am so happy now.

Hello, if you or anyone else still reads this thread, I'd like to know how have achieved to have both LTE and phone calls work simultaneously? So, I am able to set on the "automatic" mode in radio menu (2263) but when the device connects to LTE, my signals drop and I can't make or receive phone calls anymore. Other modes work normally.

Did you fix just this by rebooting a coupe times, or did you get somwhere specific in that hidden menu? In my device, I can't see anything in 0808 menu with what the French guy got his/hers LTE working.

BTW, my phone is n900L, which might also be the reason in this as it usually goes :D

EDIT: Would it help if I managed to switch off VoLTE calls from somewhere? Yet, I have a custom rom (Phronesis Note 7 port) so do you know if there is a way to do that? Didn't see in call settings even though the rom is straightly compatible with my variant

Hope someone will still see this, and thanks!

Last edited:

Bagzick

Nov 25, 2016
Please guys help

It seems like no one answered this question huh.. this is the same exact problem I am having right now, I have rooted and customized everything already, flashed every Custom Rom available but still is failed to make that *143# ussd code work, we just don't have any idea what to tweak in the system in regards network.. this is frustrating

Eagle

Aug 9, 2016
Singapore
It seems like no one answered this question huh.. this is the same exact problem I am having right now, I have rooted and customized everything already, flashed every Custom Rom available but still is failed to make that *143# ussd code work, we just don't have any idea what to tweak in the system in regards network.. this is frustrating

Same here, USSD codes doesn't work on my SM-N900K because there is no Sim toolkit on my phone. This issue had been going around for years without a definitive reason.

Bagzick

Nov 25, 2016
Same exact issue

Seems like no one answered this question huh. I am experiencing the same exact problem with my N900K, I tried everything already from formatting the phone, installing several custom roms but no good, still the same invalid USSD MMI code issue. Is anybody there that could help us fix this issue by tweaking some system info in regards network to solve this?

Please help, kinda frustrating situation already :(

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Same here, USSD codes doesn't work on my SM-N900K because there is no Sim toolkit on my phone. This issue had been going around for years without a definitive reason.

Yah I think so as well, but I know there would always be a way to solve this, if the phone is rooted we can always tweak and do something about the system properties to solve some korean networking problem there, it is just that I don't have any idea where to start :crying: and it seems like no one knows yet how to fix this issue.

Eagle

Aug 9, 2016
Singapore
Seems like no one answered this question huh. I am experiencing the same exact problem with my N900K, I tried everything already from formatting the phone, installing several custom roms but no good, still the same invalid USSD MMI code issue. Is anybody there that could help us fix this issue by tweaking some system info in regards network to solve this?

Please help, kinda frustrating situation already :(

Yah I think so as well, but I know there would always be a way to solve this, if the phone is rooted we can always tweak and do something about the system properties to solve some korean networking problem there, it is just that I don't have any idea where to start :crying: and it seems like no one knows yet how to fix this issue.

In which country are you using this phone at? I am sure that N900K won't work out of Korea when it comes to an "other country carrier USSD code". Reason why I am trying to dial a USSD number is to open up a menu where it would show you whether you want to check your balance or buy a prepaid plan. This number does works on other phones which are based off of international.

Developers and users have not found an definitive answer or reason to this. It's related to the radios,manifest etc. The "Connection problem or invalid MMI code had been going around for years on several non-international phones or a carrier-specific phones if you know what I mean. SM-N900K is probably based of a carrier in Korea and they've probably not utilize this phone to work for other carriers in other countries.

I might probably just buy another phone that is for my country instead of owning another phone that are only to work on other country.

nolram28

Sep 29, 2012
Hi fellow korean note3 users!!!

Please help me.
I have flashed the latest stock lollipop ROM via Odin.
but after reboot, it asks for a pin.
I don't know what to enter.
If I enter anything, nothing happens.
Please help. :(
It also happens when I flash other roms. :(
I think I'm stock on my current rom and can't change it.

Please help me. :(

btw, i'm using SM-N900L and currently on CM14.1 by @christer12

TIA!!!

Bagzick

Nov 25, 2016
In which country are you using this phone at? I am sure that N900K won't work out of Korea when it comes to an "other country carrier USSD code". Reason why I am trying to dial a USSD number is to open up a menu where it would show you whether you want to check your balance or buy a prepaid plan. This number does works on other phones which are based off of international.

Developers and users have not found an definitive answer or reason to this. It's related to the radios,manifest etc. The "Connection problem or invalid MMI code had been going around for years on several non-international phones or a carrier-specific phones if you know what I mean. SM-N900K is probably based of a carrier in Korea and they've probably not utilize this phone to work for other carriers in other countries.

I might probably just buy another phone that is for my country instead of owning another phone that are only to work on other country.

Yah I got it, This might not totally work in the philippines due to that radio frequency something that developers or users won't be able to do some fixing with. Well it is not a total problem not being able to pull up prepaid ussd menu, it is just that, it is the best way to register for some promo than searching online or sending SMS. I still like my note 3, however, if I will to change or upgrade my phone I will definitely choose to have an international variants this time. haha

Thanks man for the info,

Last edited:

Eagle

Aug 9, 2016
Singapore
Well it is not a total problem not being able to pull up prepaid ussd menu, it is just that, it is the best way to register for some promo than searching online or sending SMS.

For me the only problem that bothers me is not able to open up the prepaid menu and as for you, you are trying to open up the 'promo' menu. By opening up the prepaid menu, I'll get to top-up, buy a data plan, check my balance. Which is a very important thing for me and that bothers me not able to open up the menu.

goldybewon

Jun 11, 2016
New BL & CP for SM-N900S (September 2016)
Hello everyone...I just extracted from latest firmware
New BL & CP

BL_CP_N900SKSU0GPI1

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161222-104445.png
    Screenshot_20161222-104445.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 380

Top Liked Posts