Galaxy note 4 unlock

Search This thread

docsquic

Jan 15, 2022
I've been combing the forums for a couple of weeks trying to get information about upgrading my old note 4 (Verizon, MarshMellow). I wanted to use the Lineage OS 18.1 but I can't find a way to unlock the bootloader. I've tried every method without success. None of the temp root programs seem to work. Odin gets close and then fails at the end. Same for ADB. I can't seem to get a clear answer to a question: Do you have to downgrade to 5.11 before attempting any of this? If so, how is that done on this phone? It is alluded to but not clearly stated anywhere. I'm willing to do the legwork, I just need a clear starting point.

Thanks

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
To unlock a device's bootloader it's NOT required device's Android is got rooted.

To flash a custom ROM like LOS you have to find a suitable custom Recovery for your device and flash this as 1st thing of all things.

docsquic

Jan 15, 2022
Thanks for the response. That's what has been confusing. Most of the procedures I've read (some of them older) state the the first step is to temp root with Kingroot or similar. These don't work on my phone so I haven't gotten very far. Others want you to unlock the bootloader first. Same problem, can't find a way to to that in this phone that works. I'm pretty OCD so I'll keep searching.

dd350

If you are using an SM-910 with a locked bootloader, like the 910V, then the answer is an unequivocal YES you must first unlock the bootloader before you can accomplish anything substantive with it, and to do that YES you must also downgrade to 5.1.1 to root it and unlock the bootloader. And your device must have a CID 15 eMMC chip to achieve any of this.