Galaxy Note 8 Bootlooping, Overheating, Crashing

Search This thread

OgorekPL

Jan 21, 2022
My neighbor gave me his note 8. when i got it and turned it on android was corrupted and the phone was bootlooping, so i did a factory reset and cleared cache. now my phone bootloops sometimes, sometimes gets into android, gets hot within 30 seconds and crashes with glitchy lines on the screen. i tried resetting again and clearing cache and nothing happens. i took the back off, heated the phone a little and let it cool down, nothing happened. it just keeps switching between bootlooping and booting into android then overheating and crashing. any help would be appreciated, im new to android repair, only ever did iphones. Thank you - JF

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Reflash it to the stock rom if not running on Pie or higher. The earlier Android versions are suspectable to that nasty rootkit that can breach the user data partition.
Either way a reflash be best at this point
If that doesn't work you're looking at a possible mobo failure.

OgorekPL

Jan 21, 2022
Reflash it to the stock rom if not running on Pie or higher. The earlier Android versions are suspectable to that nasty rootkit that can breach the user data partition.
Either way a reflash be best at this point
If that doesn't work you're looking at a possible mobo failure.
how would i go about reflashing it? i have windows, macos and can get linux if i have to.