Galaxy Note Edge Korean Users Thread

Search This thread

jafangie

Jan 14, 2005
Hanoi
@ UpinTheAir,
It is more difficult to get data... even if I know that there is no problem for you!
Today I just success to replace recents with menu & longpress home for récents, I am Trying since 2 days!
But perhaps it is better to discuss about that into the development section?
What do you think, I explain to you here or I wrote 2 MOD on the Development section.
It's just a hobby, I am not a developer, I have to do my job before, so please be patient with me :)!
Jaf.

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
@ UpinTheAir,
It is more difficult to get data... even if I know that there is no problem for you!
Today I just success to replace recents with menu & longpress home for récents, I am Trying since 2 days!
But perhaps it is better to discuss about that into the development section?
What do you think, I explain to you here or I wrote 2 MOD on the Development section.
It's just a hobby, I am not a developer, I have to do my job before, so please be patient with me :)!
Jaf.

I am not totally sure about your first sentence. I don't have data, but have the bands and connected to carrier.

I am no dev, and don't pretend to be. I gave up with ROM (tired of whining users), but enjoy tinkering with kernel. I an capable to playing with smali, but deleted most of my old tools when i got p*ssed off with cooking ROMs.

Maybe better you open a mod thread in Dev section. If I'm able and have time, i might be able to help. But my other interests take priority.

Working on kernel:

I'm right now actually downloading old full firmware package to extract system.img and diff with new NK5. Maybe i can see some differences why kernel source won't give network connectivity. A very lot of work for a "long shot". Wish Samsung would release newer sources.

Yes. I do work too. Family keep me busy. Just having a little fine off; )

techcaptain

Feb 8, 2014
Incheon
It's been quite a while so just posting here.

1 month (about I think, estimated by SamMobile) to Android 5.0 Lollipop!
Looking forward to it :D

tospace2006

Dec 22, 2011
Waterloo
It's been quite a while so just posting here.

1 month (about I think, estimated by SamMobile) to Android 5.0 Lollipop!
Looking forward to it :D

I was gonna post about it after seeing the leaked lollipop videos but couldn't really find the thread again >.<
Ya I hope so, January seems to be what Samsung seems to be hinting for the January updates for the American models for sure so Im curious as to see when you guys think Korean model will see it.
Since Japanese model was first to release it might get the first? And since it's exynos as well Korean might get it before NA? Hopeful thoughts haha

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
I was gonna post about it after seeing the leaked lollipop videos but couldn't really find the thread again >.<
Ya I hope so, January seems to be what Samsung seems to be hinting for the January updates for the American models for sure so Im curious as to see when you guys think Korean model will see it.
Since Japanese model was first to release it might get the first? And since it's exynos as well Korean might get it before NA? Hopeful thoughts haha

Yes hopeful. But nothing wrong with being optimistic/realistic. Release will also depend on the Korean carrier. Just hope they release the kernel source in a timely manner :)

Tsuri

Dec 31, 2012
stock rom.

I also have this model sm-n915s sk korea.
someone have a clean stock rom for this model?

tospace2006

Dec 22, 2011
Waterloo

UpInTheAir has a ROM called SkyHigh that even supports custom kernel with lots of customization I recommend it.
You can find it in the development section.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the camera sound. I have tried Wanam option and the edit CSC option with no luck.
I get the shutter noise option in the menu but if I press it nothing happens.

Reactions: Tsuri

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
for the shutter sound.. download an app from play store, called Ultimate sound control. Run it, and you can turn off almost any sound for the phone including the camera.

tospace2006

Dec 22, 2011
Waterloo
for the shutter sound.. download an app from play store, called Ultimate sound control. Run it, and you can turn off almost any sound for the phone including the camera.

I used root access and a file explorer system>media>audio>ui> delete Camera_Click.ogg, Shutter.ogg, Shutter_multiple.ogg and it disabled the sound permanently.

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
I used root access and a file explorer system>media>audio>ui> delete Camera_Click.ogg, Shutter.ogg, Shutter_multiple.ogg and it disabled the sound permanently.

yep.. thats the manual way of doing it.. but honestly that app, its just a slider, on/off, reboot, and you are done. In case you want that shutter sound again later on or something..

but glad it worked for you :good:

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
Seems to run a bit smoother in general and a small improvement in battery. Didnt see anything else.

techcaptain

Feb 8, 2014
Incheon
Lollipop goodness now out for Korean owners! Go get a taste....!

Yup, updated
iysN1R5.png

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
Updated yesterday...lost 4G though...engineering menu doesnt work anymore...

Sent from my SM-N915S using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I used 4 files from N910C to replace those of N915S...
    SecTeleService.apk
    SecContacts_Note.apk
    SecContactsProvider.apk
    SecDownloadProvider.apk
    I extracted everything using ArchiKitchen...
    I also decompile SecSettings.apk from N910C and change files of N915S before recompile using apktool.

But between us, the most difficult was to find the way to recuperate icon G, E, H and H+ instead of 3G (korean use only 3G icon!).... I still don't know if icon LTE/4G works because, here, in Vietnam we don't have it...

I made my own new rom... But It is difficult for me to share it, because firstly, I used work of lot of people (most of xda) and cannot give credit to them (I don't remember where I took all information). Secondly because I did it for my personnal use and I don't know if there is some bug!

Jaf.
    To upIntheair,
    If you need, I can send you the files... already modified.

Or I plan to arrange the rom on Sunday and to propose it for testing to everybody, but only on Sunday...Now I am to busy.

Have a nice day!

UpInTheAir has a ROM called SkyHigh that even supports custom kernel with lots of customization I recommend it.
    You can find it in the development section.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the camera sound. I have tried Wanam option and the edit CSC option with no luck.
    I get the shutter noise option in the menu but if I press it nothing happens.
    Anyone tried to flash the new firmware using ODIN ? Is it fullwipe ?

Thanks~

Just did last night, it was not a full wipe surprisingly

Also to answer my question above: Still no xposed for Samsung devices on LP and root went perfectly fine by flashing CWM and flashing SuperSU from recovery.

Now some issues after LP, I lost LTE... tested it with 2 other phones and they get LTE in my room and the Edge now dropped LTE. Anyone experiencing this?