Galaxy Note stock/custom JB/ICS MODs- All at one place

Search This thread

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
Post #1- TW ICS Mods
Post #2- Tutorial
Post #3- TW JB Mods

[FONT=&quot]It should be already mentioned in the respective threads but again, make sure to delete .odex file (if applicable) if you are installing any mode and always backup the stock app.[/FONT]
1. [FONT=&quot]Themes, 15 toggles and transparent notification pull down (for odex 4.0.4)- [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Transparent AccuWeather Widget for all stock ICS roms - [/FONT]here[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Multi DPI Touchwiz dialer (Contacts) for all ICS roms- [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Transparent Digital Clock Widget for all ICS roms -Download DigitalClock.apk (credits to PETKING) from bottom of this post and copy to system/app with proper permissions and delete its .odex file OR check [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Themes Dialer - Contact.apk in Blue for ICS (not working on XXLRQ) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Change your usb mode from MTP to mass storage ICS - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]FlipFonts for the Note - [/FONT]here[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]here

No mms conversion of long sms and no contact limit
[FONT=&quot](works on all 4.0.x roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Tablet mode (213 DPI) (tested on 4.0.4, just download systemui.apk and replace existing one (delete systemui.odex file and make sure to install custom launcher before doing it), change dpi to 213 and reboot) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Call recording mod for ICS (should work on all 4.0.x roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]No ascending ringtone/noise suppression (should work on all roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][Tweaker & mods] Amestris Note V3 - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Sony Bravia Engine mod ICS demo - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more - [/FONT]here

No sms in call logs- Push logsprovider.apk from bottom of this post to system with proper permissions and delete it’s .odex file from system/app. (Credits to Criskelo)- works on all 4.0.x roms.

[FONT=&quot]Transparent Google search widget- Download GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from bottom of this post, push to system and change permissions. (Credit to concerned developer, don’t know who [/FONT]:( ) -works on all 4.0.x roms (should also work on GB roms but not tested)

17. TouchWizUX from S3 - here (just check the TW launcher not the whole rom) direct link (credits to g.lewarne) or here

18. S Voice for Galaxy Note -
here or check post #196 of same thread for another mode.

19. AwesomeBEATSv3 -
here (read comments before trying) or here (just for fun)

20. Google Now on ICS Galaxy Note - here is the easiest way to get it.

21. Excellent tips and tricks for Note- here

SGS3 Apps/Live Wallpapers/Ringtones/Media for Note - here

23. Funny bootanimation for Note (just download bootanimation.zip and place it in system/media, no need to delete anything, delete this file if want to revert to stock BA)- here

24. [Galaxy S3] - Apps, Wallpapers, Media, Widgets, Font, Launcher - here This one is in ATT Note section but should work on N7000 too. I have just checked accuweather widget and it worked fine. I don't have cwmr so I did it manually and worked. Download accuweather .zip and extract it. copy AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk and AccuweatherWidget.apk to system/app, change permissions and reboot. Check if other mods are working and post in comments.

25. On Screen Soft key buttons on Stock Samsung Rom (I have checked and it works on Note TW roms)-
here
(Open build.prop in text editor using root explorer and add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 at the bottom, save changes and reboot.)

26. Themed S3/LRQ launcher and digital clock with RED fonts by scamus- here

27. SGN II ringtones and apps- here

[FONT=&quot]28. Beats Audio [/FONT][FONT=&quot](MOD) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]29. [/FONT]Some other useful Apps for Note - here

[FONT=&quot]30. Old TouchWiz30Launcher - Post #9 [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]31. DSP Manager flashable zip - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]32.[/FONT] S III music player for Note - here

[FONT=&quot]33. Transparent SystemUI [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][working on LRQ/LR9] [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]here[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(I was already using 15 toggle mod, so just extracted the zip and replaced systemui.apk and done)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]34. [/FONT]Dialer with big size photo, Call recording (Stock and S3 style) - here

[FONT=&quot]None of this is my work and belongs to the respective creators/modders.

[/FONT]

Attachments

• LogsProvider.apk
    28.3 KB · Views: 496
  • GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    722.2 KB · Views: 586
  • DigitalClock.apk
    169.9 KB · Views: 931
Last edited:

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
Replacing/Deleting system apps manually

Just trying to use this reserved post for something. If someone has a better idea, then please let me know and I will add that to this post.

Info on replacing system apps manually using root explorer or for those who prefer to apply mods manually instead of cwmr-
(Note- If you think this is too easy, then below info is not for you :D, it is for the users who are still looking for it)

First of all, before replacing any system app, you should make a backup of the .apk and it’s .odex file.
[I have saved all of the .apks and .odex files from /system/app on day one of rooting, no matter how many of them I will/can replace but just in case.]

Path for apps
Non system Apps installed from Google play/SD should be in /data/app- these all can be removed.
System apps should be in /system/apps

Apps safe to replace from system/app- It should be same as the apps which are safe to remove,
in addition you can replace following system apps for theming purpose, you may get some FCs but it will not soft brick the phone.

Systemui.apk
Contacts.apk
LogsProvider.apk
Phonesky.apk (Google play)
Mms.apk
Stock launcher (name may be different) make sure to install another launcher before doing it.
Will add more…….

Replacing apps using root explorer
(let’s pick contacts.apk as example)-
Download and put the modified contacts.apk on SD, if it is inside .zip then extract it to .apk
Open root explorer and navigate to the downloaded contacts.apk, copy it and paste to /system/app folder
(/system/app folder should be mounted as R/W for replacing apps)
Replace if prompts, delete contacts.odex if you are on odex rom
Change permissions for file properly (long press and select permissions) and restart, you will be done.
If you are not sure about permissions then check below screenshot-

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 5,755
Last edited:

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
TW JB Mods

Mods for Stock/Custom TW JB roms
1. [FONT=&quot]Transparent Digital Clock Widget - Download DigitalClock.apk (credits to PETKING) from bottom of post #1 and copy to system/app with proper permissions and delete its .odex file.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2. Digital clock with RED fonts- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Download from [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Sammy JB multi-DPI apps (delete appropriate .odex file if on odexed rom) - [/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Transparent FM radio - [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]5. Green battery % theme (odex)- [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] Transparent AccuWeather Widget ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]ICS widget working on JB[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) - [/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]ere[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Transparent Widgets [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]here

8. Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more - here

9. AccuWeather Widget from Galaxy S4 - here

10. 4-way Reboot, Ink Effect, Call Recording and more (only deodexed roms)- here

11. Tablet | Phablet | Phone: 3 UI modes (only deodexed roms) - here

12. AllianceMODs (only deodexed roms) - here

13. Bravia Engine - here

14. CHANGING BACKGROUND on Settings,Contacts,Messaging + MORE - here

15. GS4 And GNOTE 8.0 Apps - here

16. Per APP Density Setting for Every APP - here

17. White Settings (S4/Samsung Tablet feel) (only deodexed roms) - here

Last edited:

dr.sanjaykumar16

Jan 10, 2011
mumbai
MOD circle battery percentage for ddlr6 stock rom 4.0.4

please provide MOD for circle battery percentage for ddlr6 stock rom 4.0.4:confused:

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo
Wow grat man. Really useful. Could u help me to get Awesome beats for GT N7000.

Y dont you add S3 mods (TW launcher, S-voice etc..) also Googlw Now from JB just an idea

Thanks mate.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: jeetu1981

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
Added more mods to OP, please feel free to post any other mods I have missed to include. Also provide feedback (working/not working) if you are using any of the mods so that others can know about it.

Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
Jeetu, have you tried these on LRQ yet ?

I couldnt get the digital clock to work for me. Maybe the instructions in original thread arent enough ? IM on LRQ now.
thanks

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
Jeetu, have you tried these on LRQ yet ?

I couldnt get the digital clock to work for me. Maybe the instructions in original thread arent enough ? IM on LRQ now.
thanks
The digital clock should not be ICS version specific, if it is for ICS then should work on all ICS roms, did you change the permissions properly?

Reactions: rraaka

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
just check the original thread, doesnt mention about permissions or odex file....ok its maybe understood, but i messed up the first time :eek:

jeetu1981

Jun 14, 2009
New Delhi
just check the original thread, doesnt mention about permissions or odex file....ok its maybe understood, but i messed up the first time :eek:
Yes, I have checked the original thread, may be the OP missed it or assumed understood ;), So is it working now? If no then check the digitalclock.apk, which I have just attached to OP.

Reactions: rraaka

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
Yes, this file is working now.....tried weather and google search -- working also tried orange LRK theme with your method of installation --- working with LRQ !!!!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post #1- TW ICS Mods
    Post #2- Tutorial
    Post #3- TW JB Mods

[FONT=&quot]It should be already mentioned in the respective threads but again, make sure to delete .odex file (if applicable) if you are installing any mode and always backup the stock app.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=&quot]Themes, 15 toggles and transparent notification pull down (for odex 4.0.4)- [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Transparent AccuWeather Widget for all stock ICS roms - [/FONT]here[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Multi DPI Touchwiz dialer (Contacts) for all ICS roms- [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Transparent Digital Clock Widget for all ICS roms -Download DigitalClock.apk (credits to PETKING) from bottom of this post and copy to system/app with proper permissions and delete its .odex file OR check [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Themes Dialer - Contact.apk in Blue for ICS (not working on XXLRQ) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Change your usb mode from MTP to mass storage ICS - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]FlipFonts for the Note - [/FONT]here[FONT=&quot] or [/FONT]here

No mms conversion of long sms and no contact limit
    [FONT=&quot](works on all 4.0.x roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Tablet mode (213 DPI) (tested on 4.0.4, just download systemui.apk and replace existing one (delete systemui.odex file and make sure to install custom launcher before doing it), change dpi to 213 and reboot) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Call recording mod for ICS (should work on all 4.0.x roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]No ascending ringtone/noise suppression (should work on all roms) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][Tweaker & mods] Amestris Note V3 - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Sony Bravia Engine mod ICS demo - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more - [/FONT]here

No sms in call logs- Push logsprovider.apk from bottom of this post to system with proper permissions and delete it’s .odex file from system/app. (Credits to Criskelo)- works on all 4.0.x roms.

[FONT=&quot]Transparent Google search widget- Download GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from bottom of this post, push to system and change permissions. (Credit to concerned developer, don’t know who [/FONT]:( ) -works on all 4.0.x roms (should also work on GB roms but not tested)

17. TouchWizUX from S3 - here (just check the TW launcher not the whole rom) direct link (credits to g.lewarne) or here

18. S Voice for Galaxy Note -
    here or check post #196 of same thread for another mode.

19. AwesomeBEATSv3 -
    here (read comments before trying) or here (just for fun)

20. Google Now on ICS Galaxy Note - here is the easiest way to get it.

21. Excellent tips and tricks for Note- here

SGS3 Apps/Live Wallpapers/Ringtones/Media for Note - here

23. Funny bootanimation for Note (just download bootanimation.zip and place it in system/media, no need to delete anything, delete this file if want to revert to stock BA)- here

24. [Galaxy S3] - Apps, Wallpapers, Media, Widgets, Font, Launcher - here This one is in ATT Note section but should work on N7000 too. I have just checked accuweather widget and it worked fine. I don't have cwmr so I did it manually and worked. Download accuweather .zip and extract it. copy AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk and AccuweatherWidget.apk to system/app, change permissions and reboot. Check if other mods are working and post in comments.

25. On Screen Soft key buttons on Stock Samsung Rom (I have checked and it works on Note TW roms)-
    here
    (Open build.prop in text editor using root explorer and add qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 at the bottom, save changes and reboot.)

26. Themed S3/LRQ launcher and digital clock with RED fonts by scamus- here

27. SGN II ringtones and apps- here

[FONT=&quot]28. Beats Audio [/FONT][FONT=&quot](MOD) - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]29. [/FONT]Some other useful Apps for Note - here

[FONT=&quot]30. Old TouchWiz30Launcher - Post #9 [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]31. DSP Manager flashable zip - [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot]32.[/FONT] S III music player for Note - here

[FONT=&quot]33. Transparent SystemUI [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][working on LRQ/LR9] [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]here[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    (I was already using 15 toggle mod, so just extracted the zip and replaced systemui.apk and done)
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]34. [/FONT]Dialer with big size photo, Call recording (Stock and S3 style) - here

[FONT=&quot]None of this is my work and belongs to the respective creators/modders.

[/FONT]
    TW JB Mods

Mods for Stock/Custom TW JB roms
    1. [FONT=&quot]Transparent Digital Clock Widget - Download DigitalClock.apk (credits to PETKING) from bottom of post #1 and copy to system/app with proper permissions and delete its .odex file.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2. Digital clock with RED fonts- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Download from [/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Sammy JB multi-DPI apps (delete appropriate .odex file if on odexed rom) - [/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4. Transparent FM radio - [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]5. Green battery % theme (odex)- [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]here

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] Transparent AccuWeather Widget ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]ICS widget working on JB[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) - [/FONT]h[FONT=&quot]ere[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Transparent Widgets [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]here

8. Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more - here

9. AccuWeather Widget from Galaxy S4 - here

10. 4-way Reboot, Ink Effect, Call Recording and more (only deodexed roms)- here

11. Tablet | Phablet | Phone: 3 UI modes (only deodexed roms) - here

12. AllianceMODs (only deodexed roms) - here

13. Bravia Engine - here

14. CHANGING BACKGROUND on Settings,Contacts,Messaging + MORE - here

15. GS4 And GNOTE 8.0 Apps - here

16. Per APP Density Setting for Every APP - here

17. White Settings (S4/Samsung Tablet feel) (only deodexed roms) - here
    Replacing/Deleting system apps manually

Just trying to use this reserved post for something. If someone has a better idea, then please let me know and I will add that to this post.

Info on replacing system apps manually using root explorer or for those who prefer to apply mods manually instead of cwmr-
    (Note- If you think this is too easy, then below info is not for you :D, it is for the users who are still looking for it)

First of all, before replacing any system app, you should make a backup of the .apk and it’s .odex file.
    [I have saved all of the .apks and .odex files from /system/app on day one of rooting, no matter how many of them I will/can replace but just in case.]

Path for apps
    Non system Apps installed from Google play/SD should be in /data/app- these all can be removed.
    System apps should be in /system/apps

Apps safe to replace from system/app- It should be same as the apps which are safe to remove,
    in addition you can replace following system apps for theming purpose, you may get some FCs but it will not soft brick the phone.

Systemui.apk
    Contacts.apk
    LogsProvider.apk
    Phonesky.apk (Google play)
    Mms.apk
    Stock launcher (name may be different) make sure to install another launcher before doing it.
    Will add more…….

Replacing apps using root explorer
    (let’s pick contacts.apk as example)-
    Download and put the modified contacts.apk on SD, if it is inside .zip then extract it to .apk
    Open root explorer and navigate to the downloaded contacts.apk, copy it and paste to /system/app folder
    (/system/app folder should be mounted as R/W for replacing apps)
    Replace if prompts, delete contacts.odex if you are on odex rom
    Change permissions for file properly (long press and select permissions) and restart, you will be done.
    If you are not sure about permissions then check below screenshot-
    Modded S3/LRQ launcher and Digital clock.

Here is the modded TW laucher from S3 or LRQ and digital clock with red fonts. I have pulled them from scamus's beautiful theme from here. If you like it then thank him in his original thread.
    I have tried these 2 apps from his theme on LR6 and LRQ and they both working fine (systemui.apk didnt work), you can try more at your own risk.

Instructions-
    * Copy DigitalClock.apk from bottom of this post and replace existing one in system/app, change permissions and delete it's .odex file if on stock.
    * Download SecLauncher2.apk from bottom of this post and replace the existing file with it with correct permissions (if you are already using S3 or LRQ launcher).
    If you do not have this launcher then copy SecLauncher2.apk to system/apps and libdrawglfunction.so (extract it from the attached .zip) to system/lib folder.

Again- All credits to scamus for these mods and .apks

NOTE- It is always advised to install some custom launcher before replacing/modding stock launcher :)

attachment.php
    Wow grat man. Really useful. Could u help me to get Awesome beats for GT N7000.

Y dont you add S3 mods (TW launcher, S-voice etc..) also Googlw Now from JB just an idea

Thanks mate.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
    I am looking for them now and will add to OP soon :)
    EDIT- Added more mods to OP