• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy Player 3.6 YP-GS1 stays on screen upgrade??

Search This thread

jkarloz

Jan 14, 2012
Caracas
twitter.com
Good evening friends, dev and other community members, recently my galaxy player connect to computer for music happen all good so far, when I go back to check if I end up spending the entire music encounter the following message on the screen of the Galaxy Player "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"
Do not let me enter recovery mode and when I can go to download mode and give the up volume key returns to the same screen, besides the samsung kies does not recognize it, I should clarify that this model only has physical volume buttons and power. :(

It would be helpful and useful if anyone knows how to fix this error. :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance :good:

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Well, I don't see how this is development for one. But concerning your problem, it sounds odd. Are you saying that it won't even let you enter download mode? Does your player even boot, or is it bricked? Have you tried to see if you can enter recovery mode?

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: heat361 and jkarloz

jkarloz

Jan 14, 2012
Caracas
twitter.com
Well, I don't see how this is development for one. But concerning your problem, it sounds odd. Are you saying that it won't even let you enter download mode? Does your player even boot, or is it bricked? Have you tried to see if you can enter recovery mode?

Sent using Tapatalk

I know and I apologize I think is not the right section for this question.
When trying to enter download mode goes indeed to ask you to continue pressing the volume up again the same screen, I can not enter recovery mode falls on the same screen and not a brick if the galaxy player.

I let you capture the screen, please respond and apologize to the trouble my friend.:good:

1zzi1a8.jpg

Reactions: iJimaniac

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Hmm, that's interesting. It almost looks like a brick screen. Have you tried seeing if Odin recognizes the device?

Sent using Tapatalk

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
The computer detects it as a comment, but wanting to enter the download mode and hit the volume button up in the galaxy player returns to the same screen mentioned, my question is how would I?:confused:

Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

These icons represents the forced download mode. You can try heimdall to remove this screen.

Reactions: jkarloz

jkarloz

Jan 14, 2012
Caracas
twitter.com
The .pit file is not needed!

:victory:Ready! revived my galaxy player ..... apply what I was told and installed the rom perfect, all I'm wrong rom and put the modified European and gives some forces this application, but the important thing is that the error came thanks to the developers who contributed their advice and ideas to help me, just as if you need tester to test roms or apps for Galaxy Player 3.6, I will be made ​​to order.:good:

thanks!!

captobvious24

Sep 16, 2012
Help please...

I am having the EXACT same problem. Except when I try to use Close PC Screen using Heimdall, even with device detected, I get this error:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

I have reinstalled the drivers numerous times. Also, the same download mode problem. When I press continue to use ODIN download mode, it goes right back to the firmware upgrade error screen. Odin does recognize it while it is on the the firmware upgrade error screen, but it fails when trying to flash a ROM.

Thanks for the help.

shadowblade2652

May 16, 2012
San Francisco
I am having the EXACT same problem. Except when I try to use Close PC Screen using Heimdall, even with device detected, I get this error:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

I have reinstalled the drivers numerous times. Also, the same download mode problem. When I press continue to use ODIN download mode, it goes right back to the firmware upgrade error screen. Odin does recognize it while it is on the the firmware upgrade error screen, but it fails when trying to flash a ROM.

Thanks for the help.

Ik this is kind of a late answer, but odin should be able to reflash the device, and if not, try rebooting the computer to see if you can get it to work again. That's how i got mine to turn on..But the dang touchscreen still doesn't work

PrideSC7

May 31, 2013
Major Problem

Hi guys. I notice it has been a while since anyone posted anything in this thread, but today I encountered a serious problem. My Galaxy Player is stuck in the same position as the one mentioned in this thread, but I reached it in a different way. I was trying to flash the rooted ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1864741 : I have the US Version) using odin, and I followed all the steps. While doing it, Odin said it had failed, then I got the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen on my player. I can't enter download mode and my computer doesn't recognize it. The few times it does, it just says "Connecting.." in Kies and won't go past that. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything that works. Is there anything I can do? I feel like its just a soft brick but I really don't know. Please help. :(

Last edited:

krzee

Aug 7, 2010
I randomly get this while using heimdall to flash the cwm kernel. I just flash again until it works. The firmware error is the same as Odin download mode as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

B

big-my-question

i have the same problem as him and odin recognize my device

Hmm, that's interesting. It almost looks like a brick screen. Have you tried seeing if Odin recognizes the device?

Sent using Tapatalk

i download a lots of .tar.md5 file but odin fail everytime so can you help me please:confused:
and can you give me the original 2.3.6?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk

I know and I apologize I think is not the right section for this question.
    When trying to enter download mode goes indeed to ask you to continue pressing the volume up again the same screen, I can not enter recovery mode falls on the same screen and not a brick if the galaxy player.

I let you capture the screen, please respond and apologize to the trouble my friend.:good:

1zzi1a8.jpg
    If the computer detects odin perfectly, the funny thing is ... there will be way to revive this galaxy player?

There is a way flash a stock rom with odin for your device and you Gplayer is back alive
    The computer detects it as a comment, but wanting to enter the download mode and hit the volume button up in the galaxy player returns to the same screen mentioned, my question is how would I?:confused:

Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk 2

These icons represents the forced download mode. You can try heimdall to remove this screen.

If odin recognize it you can just flash a rom with odin i have done it this way to!