Galaxy Pop Custom ROM

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Hi Guys, Can we port the Galaxy mini custom ROM on Galaxy Pop..or is there any hardware restriction?
Pop is the name of Mini on Asia, sometimes India People call that.

Here's listing of Mini name you will heard :

1. Mini = Europe, America
2. Next= Italian, some Europe people, and Spain
3. Pro = Indonesia
4. Pop = India, Asia generally

Reactions: piccalo

gunjarya

Feb 6, 2012
Here :)
Thanks for those encouraging comments. I am having a very weird issue in porting custom rom on my Galaxy pop..i have rooted it(checked root access with rom explorer/titanium backup), also updated binary, installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6 , but still when installing custom rom CM7.2, it gets stuck in the first screen..where Android is written..i tried everytime with full wipe..i have been told unlocking bootloader is not required here..not sure what else should I try..anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my U20i using xda app-developers app

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for those encouraging comments. I am having a very weird issue in porting custom rom on my Galaxy pop..i have rooted it(checked root access with rom explorer/titanium backup), also updated binary, installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6 , but still when installing custom rom CM7.2, it gets stuck in the first screen..where Android is written..i tried everytime with full wipe..i have been told unlocking bootloader is not required here..not sure what else should I try..anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my U20i using xda app-developers app
Upgrade your recovery. Use RZ Recovery or CWM 5.0.2.8.

BTW, you should wait atleast 5-10 minutes in Android screen.

Reactions: gunjarya

gunjarya

Feb 6, 2012
Here :)
upgrading recovery to Rz helped..installed and couple of ROMs and tested and found the New experience V6 very nice to go with for couple of days..Avijit's Jelly Bean also looks very attractive but that looks to me meant for Mini+ and would not like to brick my wife's mini flashing that :)

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
upgrading recovery to Rz helped..installed and couple of ROMs and tested and found the New experience V6 very nice to go with for couple of days..Avijit's Jelly Bean also looks very attractive but that looks to me meant for Mini+ and would not like to brick my wife's mini flashing that :)
Jellyblast is for Mini+. Never try it on your Mini ok ?