go to priv-app and backup the original secsetting.apk
then paste this one in priv-app and set right permissions and reboot.
after reboot you will likely have 2 settings. but both will still work. :good:
Steps to follow,
1. You MUST be rooted, OBVIOUS
2. go to /system/priv-app with ES Explorer or Root Explorer or Internet Explorer
3. Backup both the SecSettings.apk & SecSettings.odex somewhere safe
4. Delete the SecSettings.apk & SecSettings.odex in /system/priv-app
5. Copy the new one SecSettings.apk to /system/priv-app
6. Set permission as rw-r-r *press and hold on file, select properties in ES Explorer
Note: I have two settings now, one the original, two the new one
Also the Note's SecSettings.apk gives the note specific menu with S-Pen settings option, no crash or anything on both.
If anybody is interesting in list view as default view without flashing the s5 apk, do the following:
-Using root explorer, search for the folder /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
-open settings.db with sql editor.
-add the following string: id = auto, name = settings_listui, value = 1.
-close the editor and reboot. done.
-Now the default settings ui is a list view rather than tabs.
Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app