Galaxy S10 bootloop after updte to Android 10

Search This thread

c_j_k

Dec 22, 2019
This morning I saw that I can update to the new Android 10 version on my Galaxy S10.
I was happy and of course updated directly.
Everything worked fine, the update was downloaded, installed and the phone rebooted.
And from there it hung in a boot loop.
I had already unlocked the bootloader 2 months ago, but only to flash the original firmware again because of an unsuccessful attempt to install TWRP.
Now the Galaxy S10 starts up, shows the information that the boot loader has been unlocked and then the boot logo and vibrates.
Then it goes straight off and starts again.
I cannot use the key combinations to get into the recovery or in the download mode.

How can I solve this problem ?
(Sorry for my bad englisch i come from germany)

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
You can try following:
Plug your phone in the PC with the USB cable. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and hopefully it will boot to download-mode.
Otherwise try (still plugged in) force shutdown/restart by pressing/ holding Volume Down + Power - as soon as the screen turns off shift to pressing/ holding Bixby + Volume Down for download-mode. Try it at few times as its all about timing.
If still no luck, unplug your phone and let the battery run out. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and plug in to get to download-mode. This may take some time as the phone needs to recharge a little before it reacts.
Once in download-mode flash your software before the update via Odin - I would use Home_CSC first trying to save your data.

Reactions: c_j_k and DHGE

nikolaus2007

Jan 28, 2011
Got exactly the same problem today. Don't know which one I flashed in november though :D
So how to keep (maybe) the data? flash only HOME_CSC?

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
Got exactly the same problem today. Don't know which one I flashed in november though :D
So how to keep (maybe) the data? flash only HOME_CSC?

Yes to using Home_CSC but to be safe I would flash all 4 files (AP - BL - CP - HomeCSC) as some people have reported their storage gets corrupted/ shows wrong capacity.

Use either Samsung 10 (BSKO) or latest Pie (ASJG). Both should be ok as you are flashing the bootloader when using all 4 files.

Last edited:

c_j_k

Dec 22, 2019
You can try following:
Plug your phone in the PC with the USB cable. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and hopefully it will boot to download-mode.
Otherwise try (still plugged in) force shutdown/restart by pressing/ holding Volume Down + Power - as soon as the screen turns off shift to pressing/ holding Bixby + Volume Down for download-mode. Try it at few times as its all about timing.
If still no luck, unplug your phone and let the battery run out. Then press/hold Bixby + Volume Down and plug in to get to download-mode. This may take some time as the phone needs to recharge a little before it reacts.
Once in download-mode flash your software before the update via Odin - I would use Home_CSC first trying to save your data.

Thanks!
I got into the download mode.
I used SamFirm to download the firmware but it was Android 10
Right now i am downloading Andoid Pie from updato.com...
No premium, i am just a free member, so it shows me "20 Hours left" :eek:
Where can i download the latest SM-G973F Germany (DBT) Android Pie Firmware for free and without that high speed restriction ?
I think i have to put the home_csc file into the CSC field in odin ?

nikolaus2007

Jan 28, 2011
Didn't work for me, neither ASJG (Pie) nor BSKO (Q).
Had to wipe data, beause system nerver booted again.
Lost all my data. Congrats Samsung to this very best update mechanism. Nerver had on any Nexus nor OnePlus.
Maybe you have more luck.

maxmelax

Dec 22, 2019
download mode its not opening idk what i need to do im gonna lose my mind ( sorry for my bad english )

c_j_k

Dec 22, 2019
Yes to using Home_CSC but to be safe I would flash all 4 files (AP - BL - CP - HomeCSC) as some people have reported their storage gets corrupted/ shows wrong capacity.

Use either Samsung 10 (BSKO) or latest Pie (ASJG). Both should be ok as you are flashing the bootloader when using all 4 files.

I flashed G973FXXS3ASJG to my Galaxy S10.
First i tried only homeCSC but it was still brick.
Then i flashed only AP, it worked.
But after I set up my smartphone again, I saw that I only have 32 GB of storage even though my Galaxy S10 is the 128 GB version.
Then, as you said, I flashed all four files (AP - BL - CP - HomeCSC).
It still shows me that I only have 32 GB of storage

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
I flashed G973FXXS3ASJG to my Galaxy S10.
First i tried only homeCSC but it was still brick.
Then i flashed only AP, it worked.
But after I set up my smartphone again, I saw that I only have 32 GB of storage even though my Galaxy S10 is the 128 GB version.
Then, as you said, I flashed all four files (AP - BL - CP - HomeCSC).
It still shows me that I only have 32 GB of storage

When I first read your post I thought:
Seriously…. Seriously…..
I mean, why the heck would you only flash one file (you were actually warned against this) when it is just as easy to fill-out all 4 slots in Odin? People amaze me!

Okay its Xmas, so back to helping:
‘What you have experienced is a side-effect of using Odin to flash an AP file to your device with the CSC slots left empty. Never flash a full AP file on this range of devices without also filling at least the HOME_CSC slot. It is safe, however, to flash only a recovery image in the AP slot.

To attempt to repair the damage, you need to boot to TWRP, select Advanced Wipe, tick Data, select Repair or Change File System followed by Resize File System. Your /data will return to its former size, but you will probably find you have lost some data.’
Above is quoted from #ianmacd

So, if your phone is on stock Pie (minimum ASIG), with OEM unlocked, try this to get TWRP installed in order to use above rescue.
Go here and download Multidisabler: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/sa...ynos/g97xf-multi-disabler-encryption-t3919714
Go here and download TWRP Magisk Patched: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/sa...ynos/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s10-magisk-t3919248
Now read post #2 in the TWRP thread for installation guidance…. When you get to no.10 flash the Multidisabler you downloaded instead and then skip to no.12
After no.12 reboot, boot back into TWRP and try the Data fix above.

If all goes well you will have full storage capacity again, TWRP installed and rooted with Magisk.

Last edited:

th3maker

Nov 29, 2016
You can try following:

i am having the same problem but i cant enter download mode and my pc doesnt recognise the phone to use odin
is there any possible solution to that ? thank you in advance

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
i am having the same problem but i cant enter download mode and my pc doesnt recognise the phone to use odin
is there any possible solution to that ? thank you in advance

Yeah, I can see you have started a thread with your problem.

If the first two of my suggestions doesnt work for you then you have to let the phone bootloop until the battery dies/ runs dry and then try my third suggestion.

Apr 27, 2015
When I first read your post I thought:
Seriously…. Seriously…..
I mean, why the heck would you only flash one file (you were actually warned against this) when it is just as easy to fill-out all 4 slots in Odin? People amaze me!

Okay its Xmas, so back to helping:
‘What you have experienced is a side-effect of using Odin to flash an AP file to your device with the CSC slots left empty. Never flash a full AP file on this range of devices without also filling at least the HOME_CSC slot. It is safe, however, to flash only a recovery image in the AP slot.

To attempt to repair the damage, you need to boot to TWRP, select Advanced Wipe, tick Data, select Repair or Change File System followed by Resize File System. Your /data will return to its former size, but you will probably find you have lost some data.’
Above is quoted from #ianmacd

So, if your phone is on stock Pie (minimum ASIG), with OEM unlocked, try this to get TWRP installed in order to use above rescue.
Go here and download Multidisabler: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/sa...ynos/g97xf-multi-disabler-encryption-t3919714
Go here and download TWRP Magisk Patched: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/sa...ynos/recovery-twrp-galaxy-s10-magisk-t3919248
Now read post #2 in the TWRP thread for installation guidance…. When you get to no.10 flash the Multidisabler you downloaded instead and then skip to no.12
After no.12 reboot, boot back into TWRP and try the Data fix above.

If all goes well you will have full storage capacity again, TWRP installed and rooted with Magisk.

Hey Bro, I bricked my phone as well in the morning while updating to android 10 but I just had my bootlocker unlocked but no root on it. Could you tell me if there is any possibility to backup the stuff on my phone? Right not Im waiting for my battery to drain to 0% that I can get into download mode and try something out maybe you have a tip for me

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Can someone send me a prepatched magisk ap file for HK 9730 Android 10. I don't know what I did. I just pre patched it myself and flashed with odin just like ANY other update but this time, it gets stuck at Samsung logo. I waited a good while too. Maybe I didn't have the right magisk version which is why I'm asking if someone has a pre patched that works, idk but I don't want to lose my data.

Norup58

Jan 2, 2015
Hey Bro, I bricked my phone as well in the morning while updating to android 10 but I just had my bootlocker unlocked but no root on it. Could you tell me if there is any possibility to backup the stuff on my phone? Right not Im waiting for my battery to drain to 0% that I can get into download mode and try something out maybe you have a tip for me

My suggestion is to download the complete stock firmware- be it Pie or 10 (Q) - and then when flashing all 4 files via Odin use the Home_CSC file to try to retain your data.
I use FRIJA to download firmwares as the d/l speed is very good.
Bear in mind, if you at some point intend to root and/or install TWRP your phone will be wiped in the process so backup your stuff before going down that road.

darksimo

Mar 14, 2011
Hi, i have the same problem, i can't access to download mode, i have access to twrp recovery but i can't do anything, if i touch the recovery screen, the phone reboot, have you any suggestion please, to recover my phone?
OK, i find a way accidently!
thks

Last edited:

RemixDeluxe

Mar 19, 2016
Miami, FL
I am also experiencing this issue that the OP is having with their S10. I also have an S10. There was a software update for my phone and now I wake up to my phone boot looping itself to death.

For someone that lives in the United States, which firmware should I use to recover my phone? I ask because there is like 20+ countries to choose from for the exynos G973F model

Alasajay

Mar 24, 2019
My have a similar problem buh worse... Was updating manually then got the error message.
Tried to put it back into download mode the went into black screen and now doesn't respond to anything. Seems dead 😭

femzein

May 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I am also experiencing this issue that the OP is having with their S10. I also have an S10. There was a software update for my phone and now I wake up to my phone boot looping itself to death.

For someone that lives in the United States, which firmware should I use to recover my phone? I ask because there is like 20+ countries to choose from for the exynos G973F model
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N9600) that will not boot. So far I have flashed 2 official firmwares with Odin, and on the first boot attempt after flashing, it will show a percentage bar that counts up to around 5 or so percent before skipping to 100 then looping again. It only does the percentage thing on the first boot after flashing. When I try a factory reset from the recovery I get a no pdp scenario error also. I have tried all that I can think of and even took it to a Samsung Service centre but no solution. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can try following:
    Thanks!
    I think i have to put the home_csc file into the CSC field in odin ?

Yes!

download mode its not opening idk what i need to do im gonna lose my mind ( sorry for my bad english )

Have you tried all 3 of my suggestions listed above?