Galaxy S10 LED Notification Replacement

Search This thread

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks! You are awesome, it still says it isn't compatible, but I know it takes some time for the play store to update. I will keep checking back!

It's on the play store now :)

Excellent! If you wouldn't mind, please let me know if the S10+ preset needs to be adjusted at all. Thanks, enjoy!

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Still not available for the S10+ in the Netherlands .. Can someone share the APK..

Edit it just became available... Trying it out now!

Last edited:

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
Still not available for the S10+ in the Netherlands .. Can someone share the APK..

Edit it just became available... Trying itnout now!

[EDIT] Excellent, I'm glad you are able to access it, enjoy!

I have just confirmed in the Play Console that the S10+ should be available in the Netherlands. Please be patient, as sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take affect. If the app still is not available by tomorrow, please let me know, thanks.

Reactions: Jeshter2000

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
And what's the battery consumption with this app?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Please see previous posts regarding power consumption. The average consumption seems to be right around 0.4-0.5%/hour but it depends on usage, device settings, and what other services your specific device might be running.

Dockyy

Feb 5, 2016
Paris
Very nice, hide AOD feature is a very good idea !
I donate btw...

I set the "led" as a circle juste beside the notch, it's perfect!

I hope It will be possible the exclude some app, the LastPass persistent notification is annoying ...

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
I donate btw...

I hope It will be possible the exclude some app, the LastPass persistent notification is annoying ...

Thank you so much for your support and generous donation!! I'm so glad you like my app.

The customization of which apps display is in development, right behind finishing the baseline led style and charging style/animation. I expect to get to the customization of which apps display (and in what way) by next weekend.

I'm truly working on this in every free moment I have so please bear with me as I complete tasks as quickly as I can, thanks!

filou76

Jun 21, 2014
These are all great suggestions. I will address them in the same order:

1) The only way that I personally know how to accomplish this without root would be to keep the screen fully alive. I cannot say for sure how the "Always on Edge" app is doing it, but I would venture to say they are preventing the screen from turning off. This, by nature, drains the battery very quickly, I would be interested to see the battery consumption comparison between that app and LED Me Know. I do have a feature in my app that will hide the AOD, however, I am still working through why the clock will elevate itself to the top after a minute or two. I expect to have that figured out sometime in the near future.

2) All notifications are currently supported. Regardless of the app, the last known notification will trigger the color notification. This also includes static notifications (for now), such as Do Not Disturb, which will create a gray LED.

3) Customization features are currently in development, including customizing specific application and contact colors.
a. this is highly ill-advised, as keeping the light on without flashing could cause burn-in. However, I will add the feature with a warning dialog for those who do wish to have a solid light
b. (see main 3 point)
c. this is a great suggestion and I will add it to my backlog of requests

4) I am planning to have special animations for when the device is charging, as well as fully charged. If you have requests for what these animations look like, please feel free to reply and I will do my best to accommodate.

Unfortunately I only have a Galaxy S10 and Samsung's official skins don't actually show the hole punches. That being said, in the update that I will be (hopefully) publishing in the next few hours, you will be able to fully customize the size, location, and shape (circle/rectangle with corner radius) of the LED. Even more customization is in the works. When I publish the update, please use the settings to adjust the exact location of the LED and let me know what settings you find to be optimal so I can update the presets accordingly.

Thank you for your feedback and support!

There' an app called "ALWAYS ON/OFF". It activates and deactivates AOD depending on if there are notifications active. wouldn't this solve the AOD dependency somehow?

Reactions: kezzuki

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
There' an app called "ALWAYS ON/OFF". It activates and deactivates AOD depending on if there are notifications active. wouldn't this solve the AOD dependency somehow?

I am aware of this application and the ability to programmatically turn AOD on and off. However, there is no way to programmatically change the settings of AOD, Samsung has locked that down. That being said, turning off AOD will provide benefit for when no notifications are active and I plan to implement this when I finish the major feature additions and move back to fixing the AOD hide feature. Thank you for your suggestion!

kezzuki

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto

Wow, this "always on/off" app works great on my snapdragon S10E !!
It solves the no-LED-indicator problem with the simplest implementation (as it 99.99% uses Samsung's android functionality but not its own).... except that there is not blinking effect on the screen, but thats not an issue for me at all.
Thanks!

Last edited:

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
I donate btw...

Persistent notifications are ignored! Please update the app and enjoy!

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
Thank you for your app. Looks very cool. Does it include battery charging/full LED notification?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

It does now! :D Please update the app and see that when charging the LED will be red, followed by green for fully charged. Charging style (color, shape, animation, etc) are currently in development, stay tuned!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got tired of waiting for Samsung to issue an update to the Galaxy S10 series that uses the hole punch as the LED Notification light, so I made an app myself. It displays while the screen is OFF and you can customize the shape, size, and location of the notification LED. I am currently working on updating the app to support more features, customization options, and stabilization. Enjoy!

The latest update, v1.3, is currently rolling out. Please update the app when it is available for fixes to dismissing notifications, ignoring static notifications, and of course, charging! (charging customization features coming soon)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anker.ledmeknow

Features currently in development:
    - Charging style
    -> Color
    -> Animation
    -> Shape, size, location

- App-specific customization
    -> Enable/disable app
    -> App-specific notification color
    -> App-specific notification style (shape, size, location)

- General animation styles
    -> (Solid blinking (current))
    -> Timing customization (how often does it blink/spin/bounce, etc)
    -> Solid always (will risk burn-in, but was requested)
    -> Spinning
    -> Bouncing
    -> (etc)

- Deep-sleep mode -> may not work properly, will investigate

Bug fixes to be fixed:
    - AOD clock displays after a couple minutes, even if "Hide AOD" is enabled
    - Charging animation still displays when screen turns on
    - LED shows even after dismissing notification
    - Static notifications trigger LED
    Thank you for your app. Looks very cool. Does it include battery charging/full LED notification?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

It does now! :D Please update the app and see that when charging the LED will be red, followed by green for fully charged. Charging style (color, shape, animation, etc) are currently in development, stay tuned!
    The new version 1.4 rolling out now allows you to customize which apps show the notification LED, as well as customize each app's color. Enjoy!
    I donate btw...

Thank you so much for your support and generous donation!! I'm so glad you like my app.

The customization of which apps display is in development, right behind finishing the baseline led style and charging style/animation. I expect to get to the customization of which apps display (and in what way) by next weekend.

I'm truly working on this in every free moment I have so please bear with me as I complete tasks as quickly as I can, thanks!
    Great suggestion, I will post some pics and a short video later today, along with the apk.
    I will post some pics and a short video later today, along with the apk.
    Here is short video hope you solve this.

Yes, that issue came to my attention earlier today via a Google Play rating. I believe it is caused by the pixel density on the device. I developed the application with the highest screen resolution set to WQHD+ 3040X1440. I will update the app with a screen density check which should solve this issue. I will also be adding a customization feature that lets you adjust the exact location of the light. Thank you for your feedback!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone