Galaxy S10 LED Notification Replacement

Search This thread
The new version 1.4 rolling out now allows you to customize which apps show the notification LED, as well as customize each app's color. Enjoy!
Now is almost only possibility to set different blink time for each app left to make the app near perfekt and different charging colors depending on current battery status ?

Last edited:
Reactions: chalofito

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010
Great app, best one that I have used so far. One thing that I would like to see though is the swirl feature instead of blinking on and off that the other apps use.

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010
For some reason, none of my notifications are working now. Everything was working fine but then stopped. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn't working however, the charging dots are working so I know AOD is set to on.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

For some reason, none of my notifications are working now. Everything was working fine but then stopped. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn't working however, the charging dots are working so I know AOD is set to on.

Well, I was able to get it working again. I disabled hide AOD and renabled it and now it seems to be working again.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Question, if you receive multiple notifications, do they alternate? Doesn't seem to be the case but wanted to ask.

Dexter_prog

Jul 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
nice approach, but unfortunately it drains about 2.5%/hour for me, and I find that unacceptable. I'm sure it's got to do with AOD, and since all these apps use AOD, I guess I'll have to pass on all of these apps.

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
nice approach, but unfortunately it drains about 2.5%/hour for me, and I find that unacceptable. I'm sure it's got to do with AOD, and since all these apps use AOD, I guess I'll have to pass on all of these apps.

Please make sure that you are using the recommended settings. All testing has shown a battery usage of 0.5%/hour. I apologize that you are not having a suitable experience with the app.

akersch

Apr 8, 2019
Great app, best one that I have used so far. One thing that I would like to see though is the swirl feature instead of blinking on and off that the other apps use.

Unfortunately this is not possible with the current implementation. This also is to conserve battery, but the app utilizes the AOD, which does not allow for dynamic animations. I may implement this in the future using a static gif approach, but for now, static animations are the only option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got tired of waiting for Samsung to issue an update to the Galaxy S10 series that uses the hole punch as the LED Notification light, so I made an app myself. It displays while the screen is OFF and you can customize the shape, size, and location of the notification LED. I am currently working on updating the app to support more features, customization options, and stabilization. Enjoy!

The latest update, v1.3, is currently rolling out. Please update the app when it is available for fixes to dismissing notifications, ignoring static notifications, and of course, charging! (charging customization features coming soon)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anker.ledmeknow

Features currently in development:
    - Charging style
    -> Color
    -> Animation
    -> Shape, size, location

- App-specific customization
    -> Enable/disable app
    -> App-specific notification color
    -> App-specific notification style (shape, size, location)

- General animation styles
    -> (Solid blinking (current))
    -> Timing customization (how often does it blink/spin/bounce, etc)
    -> Solid always (will risk burn-in, but was requested)
    -> Spinning
    -> Bouncing
    -> (etc)

- Deep-sleep mode -> may not work properly, will investigate

Bug fixes to be fixed:
    - AOD clock displays after a couple minutes, even if "Hide AOD" is enabled
    - Charging animation still displays when screen turns on
    - LED shows even after dismissing notification
    - Static notifications trigger LED
    Thank you for your app. Looks very cool. Does it include battery charging/full LED notification?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

It does now! :D Please update the app and see that when charging the LED will be red, followed by green for fully charged. Charging style (color, shape, animation, etc) are currently in development, stay tuned!
    The new version 1.4 rolling out now allows you to customize which apps show the notification LED, as well as customize each app's color. Enjoy!
    Very nice, hide AOD feature is a very good idea !
    I donate btw...

I set the "led" as a circle juste beside the notch, it's perfect!

I hope It will be possible the exclude some app, the LastPass persistent notification is annoying ...

Thank you so much for your support and generous donation!! I'm so glad you like my app.

The customization of which apps display is in development, right behind finishing the baseline led style and charging style/animation. I expect to get to the customization of which apps display (and in what way) by next weekend.

I'm truly working on this in every free moment I have so please bear with me as I complete tasks as quickly as I can, thanks!
    Great suggestion, I will post some pics and a short video later today, along with the apk.
    I will post some pics and a short video later today, along with the apk.
    Here is short video hope you solve this.

Yes, that issue came to my attention earlier today via a Google Play rating. I believe it is caused by the pixel density on the device. I developed the application with the highest screen resolution set to WQHD+ 3040X1440. I will update the app with a screen density check which should solve this issue. I will also be adding a customization feature that lets you adjust the exact location of the light. Thank you for your feedback!