Galaxy S10 Questions - Modded stock rom. G973F

Search This thread

steelzzz

Oct 11, 2011
Gday guys, long time lurker and user of lots of roms, rarely ask questions as i just try and work stuff out.
However i need some help.
My wife and I use s10s, i want to do basically this:
Fully stock rom, with bloatware removed(all samsung crap etc) and have youtube vanced, and have it show as a stock rom to the app store, so i can use apps that require a non modded rom.

Is this possible, and if so could someone point me in the right direction, im not a pro, but i do ok installing the roms etc, ill try not to bother anyone.
If possible, android 11.

Thanks in advance guys.
Cheers.

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
You need to be clear on which version of the S10 you have (Snapdragon or Exynos) as the processes are very different. In the future, I'd rrecommend posting this in your subject, as the two are very different.

For that matter, I'd recommend posting the model number (eg SM-G975U is my phone) as this identifies it as well. "U" means Unlocked, USA, Snapdragon, S10-plus, in my case... another common variant is the "F version which is Exynos. I don't know as much about those.

That said, if you have a U/snapdragon, to root you have to be on an older bootloader (build number, 5th digit from the end, tells you BL version... 4 is the last one that can be unlocked right now). If you've been updating, then you're likely at 6, like I am... in which case there is no unlock/root available today.

Personally, I don't see the big deal about "debloating"... it makes no sense to me and in many cases I see people break their phones by doing this anyway. If you don't want to use the Samsung app(s), don't use it... not a big deal. I believe there may be ADB methods that can disable them as well, but I don't get the obsession over this.. As for YT vanced, if it's an APK, can't it just be side-loaded?

steelzzz

Oct 11, 2011
My apologies, G973F.
The debloating helps, im means there is heaps of crap that on a stock rom you cant turn off, thats not even there.
Like the aroma installer style where you pick what is and isnt included.
I like my phones like my PC's, running lean and fast.
Its a personal preference.

schwinn8

Aug 12, 2010
Somewhere in Connecticut
I am the same way - I prefer lean as well, however from what I've seen, these extra apps don't do anything to add "load" to Android. Modern OSes don't have the problems of older ones, where such things mattered. That's my point... all this effort to "debloat" doesn't seem to accomplish much, and can actually break things. When I compare my SOT with others who have "debloated" I see no differences... but some people are just obsessed with that.

Again, not calling you or anyone out... it's a preference. But I think people need to forget about that since we are unable to root and such anyway. Honestly, this is my first non-rooted phone in a long time, and I don't miss root at all...