Galaxy S10 SCV41

Search This thread

Bruce James

Jun 3, 2021
I own the Galaxy S10 SCV41 which I bought in Japan, where I live. The carrier is AU.
I really, but really, would love to ditch this bloated ROM that AU shipped with this great phone. But all my searches online ended up no where.
Question: Does anyone have experience in using any custom ROM on this device?
Any tips super appreciated, I am really frustrated for not flashing my own ROM for the first in at least 8 years...
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

TJ1444

Sep 15, 2021
I own the Galaxy S10 SCV41 which I bought in Japan, where I live. The carrier is AU.
I really, but really, would love to ditch this bloated ROM that AU shipped with this great phone. But all my searches online ended up no where.
Question: Does anyone have experience in using any custom ROM on this device?
Any tips super appreciated, I am really frustrated for not flashing my own ROM for the first in at least 8 years...
Thanks in advance,
Bruce
i just bought it two days ago may i know did you solve your problem?

brucejames.jp

Sep 16, 2021
Bruce here, I'm the OP.
No, I did not solve my problem. I do not dare flashing one of the several ROMs I found for the Galaxy S10 as they do not mention the SCV41 model. I am afraid to brick my phone.

All I managed was to uninstall, and whenever that was not possible, completely disable, a long list of bloated apps. Not what I wanted, but the phone is now actually very light as it is.

Anyway, this is beyond frustrating. Please do share any solution you may find, I would follow it suit.

brucejames.jp

Sep 16, 2021
It can be toggled on and off. Thus I gather that the bootloader can be unlocked.
But then what? How to flash a suitable ROM?

brucejames.jp

Sep 16, 2021
Yeah, I know the theory, I've done over 10 times in 4 different phones I owned.
But in those cases all ROMs specifically indicated my phone model as compatible.
In this case, no ROM mentions the SCV41 model. And that makes me really uneasy...

TJ1444

Sep 15, 2021
Yeah, I know the theory, I've done over 10 times in 4 different phones I owned.
But in those cases all ROMs specifically indicated my phone model as compatible.
In this case, no ROM mentions the SCV41 model. And that makes me really uneasy...
maybe should try it stock ROM first. If can you should be able to flash any ROM you can.

TJ1444

Sep 15, 2021
If the phone are your backup phone you can try. If not I don't suggest you do it might be brick

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
This thread has been cleaned of all paid services discussion pertaining to firmware which is expressly prohibited as per XDA Rule #11 which states:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
Please do not post any further discussion of this matter as they will be removed with immediate effect, and the accounts participating in said activity will be reviewed for disciplinary action if warranted. XDA is about the open sharing of Mods, Roms, Kernels, and information, not about trying to make money at the expense of XDA members.

Thank you all for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM