Galaxy s2 charging port problem

Search This thread

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
For the last week now when ever I charge the phone and unplug it it is still showing as charging do I just need to factory reset the phone or is the phone in need of repair cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: DesireFreak

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
also when pulling battery and re inserting i get a yellow triangle with exclamation mark and a temp gage what does that mean ?

inzimam

Mar 29, 2008
I have a similar problem.

No matter what charger I use, the phone randomly switches between charging and non-charging state.

Is this a problem with software or the port.

Just to clarify, I can hold the phone upside down, hanging from the charging cable, or wiggle the charger and it will continue to charge. The above error is just random. This leads me to believe it is a software or battery problem.

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
Mine makes the plug and unplug sound randomly, sometimes it wakes me up at night and its not plugged in.

Reactions: maddada

inzimam

Mar 29, 2008
Mine makes the plug and unplug sound randomly, sometimes it wakes me up at night and its not plugged in.

This happens to mine too. I'm on the stock unbranded firmware and haven't rooted our updated. This problem randomly appeared about a month ago.

plazzTT

Nov 3, 2009
I've just started seeing this problem now in the past few days.

When I unplug the charger, either the battery charging icon stays on, or the "Battery full, unplug charger" notification stays there.

The big problem is if I turn off the phone. After shutdown, the screen stays on showing two different icons (changes between them every few seconds). One icon is a battery half full or so, the other is an empty battery with a yellow triangle and a icon of a thermometer next to it.

When this happens, I can't turn on the phone. The only way I can turn on the phone when this happens is to plug in the charger, start up, then remove the charger again.

I'm on rooted KG2, XWKDD kernel. Bit worried about this, I'll try another ROM & kernel but I don't think it's software related?

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
I've just started seeing this problem now in the past few days.

When I unplug the charger, either the battery charging icon stays on, or the "Battery full, unplug charger" notification stays there.

The big problem is if I turn off the phone. After shutdown, the screen stays on showing two different icons (changes between them every few seconds). One icon is a battery half full or so, the other is an empty battery with a yellow triangle and a icon of a thermometer next to it.

When this happens, I can't turn on the phone. The only way I can turn on the phone when this happens is to plug in the charger, start up, then remove the charger again.

I'm on rooted KG2, XWKDD kernel. Bit worried about this, I'll try another ROM & kernel but I don't think it's software related?

thats exactly the problem i had its started doing it again but only when i have an unnofficial battery in the sg2 its fine on the sammy one as stated i bent the usb slightly down and even the unofficial battery seems to be playing nice

Last edited:

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
deffo a problem with the spare battery when its in it keeps going to usb mode and off and showing charging when samsung battery in its fine

darshangkolhe

Aug 25, 2011
Pune
Galaxy s2 car mode and charging port issue - resolved

HI,

I have been facing this issue with my galaxy s2.(When i have created samsung account and install Darky ROM 2 - XXKH3 ROM)

Issue:
1)Activation of CARD mode - automatically.
2)Charging automatically- though charger is not connected
3)Enabling the voice mode - automatically.
4)Battery draining problem.
5)auto handsfree speaker enabling

Solution:

There are two solution for the above problems:

1)Assume its not related to hardware (My case), i have wipe all the data(Using Darky Rom 2 tool), problem seems to occur even then.

I have updated the ROM to XXKG3_ODEXED. - that totally solved the problem.
I m using my S2 now for a week...no issue.

2)Assume its related to Hardware issue, (in some case's), you can clean the charging port by using thinner( nail polish remover - easy to get and cheap).

First u have to remove the battery, (preferably in direct sun light), use cotton to soak thinner, apply it on inner side of the port. keep the phone as it is for 20 minutes.(30 would be great).

Insert the battery, power on the phone.....problem solved.

I have tested it on 2 S2's, one with software problem and one with hardware issue.

Hope that will help....

Samsung Galaxy s2
Darky ROM XXKG3_ODXED
Kernel: superCore1.4

Asus transformer B80 (Suck it - or leave it)

azakan

Aug 2, 2011
Same problem here, just after a month of having the phone started the problems. The five problems darshangkolhe said, but also: auto power-on of the phone when I switch it off, and what it is more annoying, it is very difficult to get detected by Kies when it is plugged to the PC. Sometimes it only starts charging and others nothing, not even charging the phone.
I am very dissapointed with Samsung, I have paid 500€ for what was supposed to be one of the best phones, but just after a month of use it is going crazy!!

I am bringing it to the Samsung´s technical support this week.

prodygee

Oct 19, 2009
Take a toothbrush and brush the Micro-USB port vigorously. Fixed.

Having the same problem, fixed doing the above. This phone was awesome. But it just looks so much like its a big rush job with all the bugs that were there. The screen coloring. Now the USB-port.

Meh.. wondering about that 5 phone..

Last edited:
Reactions: cykalu

azakan

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks prodygee, but I´ve already tried with a cotton bud with a bit of alcohol and no luck. I will try to get my phone fixed by the technical support or replaced.

I can not think about the 5 phone, I have spent 500€ not even 2 months ago, so for me another phone is not affordable.

I just want my Galaxy S2 to work as expected, it is not a low-cost mobile! :(

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
mine has been fine since, but today it has started doing it again so its booked in for repair at CPW,technician states he has all the parts so will do it while i wait

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It wants you to play with it.
    Galaxy s2 car mode and charging port issue - resolved

HI,

I have been facing this issue with my galaxy s2.(When i have created samsung account and install Darky ROM 2 - XXKH3 ROM)

Issue:
    1)Activation of CARD mode - automatically.
    2)Charging automatically- though charger is not connected
    3)Enabling the voice mode - automatically.
    4)Battery draining problem.
    5)auto handsfree speaker enabling

Solution:

There are two solution for the above problems:

1)Assume its not related to hardware (My case), i have wipe all the data(Using Darky Rom 2 tool), problem seems to occur even then.

I have updated the ROM to XXKG3_ODEXED. - that totally solved the problem.
    I m using my S2 now for a week...no issue.

2)Assume its related to Hardware issue, (in some case's), you can clean the charging port by using thinner( nail polish remover - easy to get and cheap).

First u have to remove the battery, (preferably in direct sun light), use cotton to soak thinner, apply it on inner side of the port. keep the phone as it is for 20 minutes.(30 would be great).

Insert the battery, power on the phone.....problem solved.

I have tested it on 2 S2's, one with software problem and one with hardware issue.

Hope that will help....

Samsung Galaxy s2
    Darky ROM XXKG3_ODXED
    Kernel: superCore1.4

Asus transformer B80 (Suck it - or leave it)
    It is discussed in this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132588

Summary:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15924419&postcount=13

Cleaning USB port and in some times bending USB PCB downwards solves the problem.
    I have a similar problem.

No matter what charger I use, the phone randomly switches between charging and non-charging state.

Is this a problem with software or the port.

Just to clarify, I can hold the phone upside down, hanging from the charging cable, or wiggle the charger and it will continue to charge. The above error is just random. This leads me to believe it is a software or battery problem.
    Please read this thread, maybe it helps you too:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132588

Summary post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15924419&postcount=13

Basically, first you need to clean the USB port (take the battery out when you do this).
    If it doesn't help, then maybe you accidentally bended USB pcb. It would happen if you accidentally connected USB cable upside down. In this case you need to bend USB pcb downwards carefully. The gap between USB pcb and socket bottom should be about 0.5 millimeter (about 2 millimeters on the top).