• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy S21 (Exynos) Rooting and custom ROMs

Search This thread

Seeni276

Mar 8, 2019
Last time I tried rooting was in 2016/2017 using Super SU but now many years later I want to try to root my phone again. I have Galaxy S21 ( Exynos ) and I was wondering what would be the easiest way that won't cause too much trouble.

What are the pros and cons of rooting a phone in 2021 and are there any dealbreakers like not being able to recieve system updates or banking apps not working at all.

I would also like to know if there are any android 10 based custom ROM's for Galaxy S21 currently?

ems328i

Jul 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Last time I tried rooting was in 2016/2017 using Super SU but now many years later I want to try to root my phone again. I have Galaxy S21 ( Exynos ) and I was wondering what would be the easiest way that won't cause too much trouble.

What are the pros and cons of rooting a phone in 2021 and are there any dealbreakers like not being able to recieve system updates or banking apps not working at all.

I would also like to know if there are any android 10 based custom ROM's for Galaxy S21 currently?
In order to root you need to unlock your bootloader, which means no system updates. Most apps will still work if you install Magisk (SuperSU equivalent). There are not really any roms yet, but you can see that easily from the rom section of this forum:

Reactions: breversa

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Hi,

Since there's no custom ROM for this model, I wanted to try the GSI way.

I've installed TWRP on my S21 (o1s) following this procedure : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-for-galaxy-s21-exynos.4241869/#post-84592059

Then, I flashed /e/ OS from here : https://images.ecloud.global/dev/treble_arm64_bvN/

However, the phone keeps bootlooping after displaying "This phone is not running Samsung's official software. You may have problems with features or security, and you won't be able to install software updates."

I believe I'm missing a step in my installation (something about vbmeta maybe ?). Can anyone help me ? It's my first time dealing with recent Samsung phones (= post-Galaxy S9).

(I've also posted this question here : https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues/2006)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In order to root you need to unlock your bootloader, which means no system updates. Most apps will still work if you install Magisk (SuperSU equivalent). There are not really any roms yet, but you can see that easily from the rom section of this forum: