Galaxy s21 not receiving updates

Search This thread

5H4D0W913

Nov 27, 2021
Well on november 8th i finally got the october 2021 update. Hopefully the android 12 update will follow zoon:)
Hello Gentleman, Im glad I finally found someone with this version of the S21 online, willing to talk about samsung's firmware security updates support .

The crux of the matter is that I recently decided to buy an S21, but here is Poland the Olympic Edition SM-G911Q is just a bit pricier , like 30 euros (private sellers ofc) and worth upgrading to (S888 instead of exynos , additional ROM). Or is it? Im honestly worried about the rate in which samsung provides these firmware updates, the normal version of the S21 and others got the android 12 already. It would really suck to buy a new phone and not receive any updates. Samsung should support all new models up to 4 years of updates , right? Should I risk it or just wait for the good news from You guys?

Id be really glad to receive some opinions on this. Thanks in advance for your time.

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
Hello Gentleman, Im glad I finally found someone with this version of the S21 online, willing to talk about samsung's firmware security updates support .

The crux of the matter is that I recently decided to buy an S21, but here is Poland the Olympic Edition SM-G911Q is just a bit pricier , like 30 euros (private sellers ofc) and worth upgrading to (S888 instead of exynos , additional ROM). Or is it? Im honestly worried about the rate in which samsung provides these firmware updates, the normal version of the S21 and others got the android 12 already. It would really suck to buy a new phone and not receive any updates. Samsung should support all new models up to 4 years of updates , right? Should I risk it or just wait for the good news from You guys?

Id be really glad to receive some opinions on this. Thanks in advance for your time.
Yeah I bought this version exactly for the reason you state - I wanted the Snapdragon version and this was easiest way to get it at that moment, other than that it looks really cool and I like the special edition aspect of it.
Until now the updates were coming at satisfactory rate, I just hope they will not abandon it and will continue to update it with Android 12.
Or smart guys on this forum find the way how to flash it on some standard ROM ;)
If nothing of that happens Im worried I will have to let it go on ebay.
If I were you I would wait a bit to see if updates come or not

Last edited:

jominguta

Aug 3, 2021
Brasil
What standard version would be closest to G991Q? I tried to flash U1 ROM but no luck
Friend you tried flash via ODIN to U1 rom? What was there?

Did you need to flash the rom from the G991Q again or not, got the rom on which link?

I believe that it should work because they have the same specifications, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
Friend you tried flash via ODIN to U1 rom? What was there?

Did you need to flash the rom from the G991Q again or not, got the rom on which link?

I believe that it should work because they have the same specifications, but I haven't had time to try it yet.
Yes I tried to flash U1 via Odin, I got only error message and nothing happend, original ROM remained intact

tommmax64

Nov 30, 2021
Hello, I have the S21 Olympia Edition directly from a participant of the Tokyo Olympics (country code SJP). After I still have not received an update to Android 12, I wrote to support. I got the information that there will be updates for this version only in the country from which it comes, so Japan. In Germany, I will never get an update for it.
So I also need a stock ROM that I can flash with Odin.

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
Hello, I have the S21 Olympia Edition directly from a participant of the Tokyo Olympics (country code SJP). After I still have not received an update to Android 12, I wrote to support. I got the information that there will be updates for this version only in the country from which it comes, so Japan. In Germany, I will never get an update for it.
So I also need a stock ROM that I can flash with Odin.
wow how stupid is that considering this phone got participants from all around the world

Reactions: tommmax64

jominguta

Aug 3, 2021
Brasil
No. We have to change CSC. I tried with samkey . But since now it doesnt work. Waiting for support to reply.
I also thought about samkey, but I don't think it has support for our cell phone.. I believe that if we can install the G991U rom, we will be able to change the CSC with samkey, because the G991U has samkey support and has the same hardware specifications as our G991Q

tommmax64

Nov 30, 2021
I also thought about samkey, but I don't think it has support for our cell phone.. I believe that if we can install the G991U rom, we will be able to change the CSC with samkey, because the G991U has samkey support and has the same hardware specifications as our G991Q
I did chat with samkey Support and they said CSC change for our g991q is supported. But unfortenatly it didnt work. So i have to wait for Support Help.

revence1988

Oct 7, 2012
Doorn
HTC One S
Google Nexus 4
Is it even possible to flash different firmware? In this topic one person tried and not succeided and i cannot find any other example of people trying this.

I hope this is possible because i only get 4g signals and no 5g signals with the Galaxy s21 G911Q.

Also this firmware supports poorly the Dutch language in settings etc..

Also nice to receive updates on my S21 coming from several pixels phones:)

Reactions: Corbik

jominguta

Aug 3, 2021
Brasil
Is it even possible to flash different firmware? In this topic one person tried and not succeided and i cannot find any other example of people trying this.

I hope this is possible because i only get 4g signals and no 5g signals with the Galaxy s21 G911Q.

Also this firmware supports poorly the Dutch language in settings etc..

Also nice to receive updates on my S21 coming from several pixels phones:)
I still don't have time to try, but I believe it's possible

Top Liked Posts