Galaxy s21 not receiving updates

Search This thread

5H4D0W913

Nov 27, 2021
No i only tried the SM-G991U firmware. I did not have enough space left on my computer to save multiple firmwares.
Can You please try to delete the not working one and try with the others? I would do it but i don't have the phone - still deciding wheather to buy it.

Or try to flash it with ADB

revence1988

Oct 7, 2012
Doorn
HTC One S
Google Nexus 4
Can You please try to delete the not working one and try with the others? I would do it but i don't have the phone - still deciding wheather to buy it.

Or try to flash it with ADB
I will try later this week other versions but the error codes were not firmware related so my hopes are low that other firmware version will work.

I prefer to keep my S21 stock and not use TWRP to flash another firmware. First i have to do more research if this method will work. It has been a long time for me to use TWRP and custom roms. I have used Google pixel phones for the last few years without flashing etc.

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
Have you tried other Snapdragon based firmware? like SM-G991W (Canada); SM-G991N (Korea); SM-G9910 (China) ?
Korea version should be with Exynos so I dont think there is a chance, dont know about Canada
G9910 is only one I didnt try yet but on sammobile there isnt Android12 firmware for this version yet

Im still hoping the update will come with normal OTA update. I had several updates for this phone coming (In Czech republic) so I think this one will come too, one day… :)

revence1988

Oct 7, 2012
Doorn
HTC One S
Google Nexus 4
If flashing other firmware does not work i am forced to switch to a Dutch Galaxy S21 or a Google Pixel 6 but i really like the S21 olympic edition and it larger storage. The hardware is great but i have several problems with the software.

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
If flashing other firmware does not work i am forced to switch to a Dutch Galaxy S21 or a Google Pixel 6 but i really like the S21 olympic edition and it larger storage. The hardware is great but i have several problems with the software.
Can you please list the problems? I know you said the language is only partly supported, that bothers me too a bit. I cant understand why they cant put all languages in all roms, like why is there even option to switch to czech if its half baked? I think the settings items etc are same in all this phones so why some roms have only limited language support is beyond my understanding. (I had Note9 US version before and it was same)
Otherwise I dont have problems with this phone, only lack of esim settings.

Last edited:

revence1988

Oct 7, 2012
Doorn
HTC One S
Google Nexus 4
Can you please list the problems? I know you said the language is only partly supported, that bothers me too a bit. I cant understand why they cant put all languages in all roms, like why is there even option to switch to czech if its half baked? I think the settings items etc are same in all this phones so why some roms have only limited language support is beyond my understanding. (I had Note9 US version before and it was same)
Otherwise I dont have problems with this phone, only lack of esim settings.
I have the following problems:
- no 5g signals
- signals drops very often
- Dutch language support is a mess in the entire system
- led pictogram editor app keeps popping up
- notifications are late

Alle these problems keeps recurring even after multiple wipes

Corbik

Nov 26, 2021
I have the following problems:
- no 5g signals
- signals drops very often
- Dutch language support is a mess in the entire system
- led pictogram editor app keeps popping up
- notifications are late

Alle these problems keeps recurring even after multiple wipes
Oh that kind of sucks, truth is I use it like a second phone and not that often so maybe I didnt find out about the signal problems yet :(

5H4D0W913

Nov 27, 2021
There is a list on the ntt docomo there are all the smartphone that will get the android 12 update and there is the s21 olympic edition there
the listed version is SC-51B , while we are discussing SM-G991Q . I think there is a difference. That is the risk i am not going to take. I bought standard EU version of the S21. I won't buy the olympic edition until iIsee the updated firmware on samfrew.com

Reactions: Corbik

enis.pilkati

Dec 20, 2014
the listed version is SC-51B , while we are discussing SM-G991Q . I think there is a difference. That is the risk i am not going to take. I bought standard EU version of the S21. I won't buy the olympic edition until iIsee the updated firmware on samfrew.com
Yes but i so that even the Japanese version is on the October's security patch like the sm g991q i think that when will get the update we will get it to

Top Liked Posts