Galaxy s21 not receiving updates

Search This thread

kyazeg

Feb 16, 2022
I have a Galaxy s21 olympic edition with number SM-G991Q and i am not receiving montly updates. The last update was the August 2021 patch and was installed on August 30th.
Also smart switch on Windows is not detecting Any new updates.
I tried to reset the device without luck getting new updates.

Does anybody has the same problems with the Galaxy s21 SM-G991Q not receiving updates?
Hey, the android 12 for s21 Olympic version (G991Q) is now out as of today

kyazeg

Feb 16, 2022
I will make the thinks more confusing! There is even another version!

There is an Olympic and Paralympic Samsung S21 delivered to athletes. As a Paralympic Goalball athlete for Belgium, i received the Samsung S21 Paralympic edition! This phones shares the same SM-G991Q model number, but has different logos on the phone and on the theme installed.

Unfortunately it shares the same problems as with the Olympic edition.
- No band 20 / 800 mhz, used a lot in my country
- No complete Dutch language support
- No Android 12 update (yet)

I talked to a Samsung employee at the Olympic village because they had SIM issues during the Paralympics. He confirmed that the version that you can buy in the shops in Japan was a different phone for the Japanese market and doesn't share ROM.

I hope these problems get fixed, because I stay on my iPhone as long as these are not fixed!
Well on november 8th i finally got the october 2021 update. Hopefully the android 12 update will follow zoon:)

Reactions: enis.pilkati

enis.pilkati

Dec 20, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-211740_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-211740_Software update.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 42

ToMiKoN

Jan 12, 2022
Yep, the Paralympic version got the update too!

Has somebody been able to test if band 20 / 800 Mhz 4G is still an issue? Are there other significant changes?

petrg

May 4, 2009
Yep, the Paralympic version got the update too!

Has somebody been able to test if band 20 / 800 Mhz 4G is still an issue? Are there other significant changes?
Ad LTE Band 20: Unfortunately NO, still no (working code) access to diagnostic menu to follow this guide - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...bands-and-services-5g-low-band-on-u1.4182293/
Ad significant changes: I guess that's pretty subjective ...many times described A12/UI 4.0 innovations and everyone has to weigh the pros/cons. For me the most important is bult-in "battery care" 85% charging limit (+security update) ... the others are rather design improvements.

P.S. I'm back on the A11 and still pissed @ Samsung, what the hell is the point of limiting LTE bands on a phone that has been a gift to athletes around the world.

TZS03

Oct 16, 2021
Ad LTE Band 20: Unfortunately NO, still no (working code) access to diagnostic menu to follow this guide - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...bands-and-services-5g-low-band-on-u1.4182293/
Ad significant changes: I guess that's pretty subjective ...many times described A12/UI 4.0 innovations and everyone has to weigh the pros/cons. For me the most important is bult-in "battery care" 85% charging limit (+security update) ... the others are rather design improvements.

P.S. I'm back on the A11 and still pissed @ Samsung, what the hell is the point of limiting LTE bands on a phone that has been a gift to athletes around the world.
Try with this code *#*#276633683782#*#*

TZS03

Oct 16, 2021
"P.S. I'm back on the A11" ... and it's not working there either (I can access it via rooted method only in Samsung Phone INFO by vndnguyen)

You'll have to try it yourself ...
I have the olympic editon, and originaly
"P.S. I'm back on the A11" ... and it's not working there either (I can access it via rooted method only in Samsung Phone INFO by vndnguyen)

You'll have to try it yourself ...
i have the olympic edition, it wasn't originally band 20, but with google dialer and this code i managed to get into the band config menu and managed to bring up band 20. it remained fine even after the Android 12 update

Reactions: petrg

ToMiKoN

Jan 12, 2022
I didn't get into that menu to activate band 20 / 800 Mhz. The code does not work with Google Dailer.

Stupid question, but did anyone contact official Samsung support in this topic?

Top Liked Posts