Galaxy S21 SM-G991B battery drain

Search This thread
I got this phone 1 month after release. It's been doing well but recently I've been noticing wierd battery drainage while the phone is off. It's lasting me around half a day, maybe 2 hours more. This is under normal usage. Downloaded music off spotify, my watch and headphones on bluetooth. It occasionally gets hot in my pocket and appears to drain around 25% sitting overnight with AOD off.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Cloud crap. Google backup Transport maybe.
Try temporarily disabling Google play Services and see if the helps at night. Backup Transport is one of it's dependencies but that may not be enough to kill it completely.
One reason I like a SD card; it greatly reduces or eliminates the need for cloud storage.

Disable all Samsung, Google and carrier feedback. Disable Google Firebase too.

Try temporarily disabling Google play Services and see if the helps at night. Backup Transport is one of it's dependencies but that may not be enough to kill it completely.
One reason I like a SD card; it greatly reduces or eliminates the need for cloud storage.

Saddly google backups happend during the night while charging, samsung cloud is inactive and battery usage shows that Google Play Services consumes less then One UI. I also found it very hard to recreate the problem using a different phone, like huawei or other samsungs.

Screenshot_20220704-104236_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Tap on AOD >.5% @hr
Always on AOD >1%@hr
That's on my N10+. If you're not seeing better than that, there's somethings running in the background. Probably Backup Transport is at the top of the list.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Saddly google backups happend during the night while charging, samsung cloud is inactive and battery usage shows that Google Play Services consumes less then One UI. I also found it very hard to recreate the problem using a different phone, like huawei or other samsungs.

Screenshot_20220704-104236_Device care.jpg