General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

TomasSX1

Jan 3, 2022
After a week into the update and factory reset is my battery usage at new hights. It improved aroud 4h+ in the estimated time. Today am I around 21,5h esitmated with a SOT around 5h. Not bad at all.

Reactions: nightoooo

adidasmittens

Jan 11, 2022
Ohio
I've had the phone for a few days now, and wanted to give my thoughts on how it compares to my current Pixel 4XL. For context, I owned a Galaxy S10 prior to my Pixel.

Things S21 Ultra does well:

• Battery life: the battery life on this phone is genuinely amazing. I usually only charge my phone to 80%, and even then I'm couldn't kill it in a day. 5000mah with the newer, more efficient OLED screen really works.
  • General hardware quality: other than a couple things, Samsung has significantly better hardware than my old Pixel. The screen is an upgrade in basically every aspect (120hz is definitely smoother than 90hz, and it doesn't suffer from any color shift at low brightness like my Pixel). The speakers are better, the overall tolerances are tighter. I still prefer Google's software experience, but man Samsung can really make a nice phone.

Reactions: nobrain3000

zikoen

Feb 8, 2019
When updating to android 12 I did a factory reset to make sure everything was fine. In general, everything is going well for me, but in some applications such as the bank, twitter or others, the scroll is not fluid but lags. Someone else happens? Any solution?

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
When updating to android 12 I did a factory reset to make sure everything was fine. In general, everything is going well for me, but in some applications such as the bank, twitter or others, the scroll is not fluid but lags. Someone else happens? Any solution?
Hi, I believe Samsung implemented some sort of jelly like animation when you've reached the bottom or the top of pages. Is that what you're referring to?
Are you able to post a video example of what you're talking about?

zikoen

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, I believe Samsung implemented some sort of jelly like animation when you've reached the bottom or the top of pages. Is that what you're referring to?
Are you able to post a video example of what you're talking about?
Hello, I have tried to make the video but when recording the screen I have the feeling that the refresh rate drops to 60hz. And I have already tried it before, if I set the mobile to 60hz it has no problems. Therefore, it is not visible in the screen recording.

kamrul.auntu

Apr 16, 2011
Dhaka
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I managed to fix it by clearing app cache/data, reainstall the app and set it up again. Now it's buttery smooth. Sadly, in the past few months I had to do that a couple of times to get the same result.
After update I did factory reset and install everything and therefore facing the same issue. but I noticed if I clear the RAM everyday and it gets smooth everyday. but this wasn't the case in one UI 3.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will we see may patch this week
    I have S21U g9980, unlocked bootloader. If I update firmware will I need to unlock again. On one UI 3.1 Android 11. Want to upgrade to 4.1 Android 12. Can I upgrade and retain bootloader unlock and root?
    Making that significant of an upgrade the way you'd probably want to backup your data and do a complete reflash of your device - This is what I did - DL your latest firmware 2 a PC... samfw.com is my fave repository, and install the latest magisk on your phone. Use your PC to extract your ROM/firmware into a directory so you have the 4 files AP BL CP CSC and CSC_HOME which won't be necessary.

I like my device encrypted because I'm a financier, but If you do like to use custom recovery Afaneh92 made a TWRP port that's compatible, you'll find it with a search TWRP s21 ultra, you can replace the recovery with that if you so desire

Use your pc to copy the AP file to your device with MTP enabled - yes it's 7gb but that's why you bought the fast flagship right? LOL open magisk app and use it to patch the ap file in your downloads - then copy the results back to your PC. That's gonna go in the AP slot and will keep your root. your bootloader is unlocked that won't change with the upgrade as outlined.

BACKUP your data - a full wipe is necessary for good results. Flash it all in Odin and enjoy your android 12.
    If you've lost root upon reboot, just use adb to reboot into download mode, and reflash just the modified .tar file patched by magisk with BL and HOME_CSC to keep from resetting your data again, and you should have root when you reinstall magisk.

Quck instructions, there are much more detailed tutorials for each step but I figure you already know most of this. Install Safetynet and resetprops and you're golden.
    Can anyone with experience help me with native call recording in TGY firmware. Is it viable to move to CHC for call recording and while doing so will my data remain as it is or will I have to backup and clean install?
    CHC is a real pain - China isn't supposed to be compatible with Google Apps - so unless you want Tencent, BAIDU, or a real project with the ADB commandline or Root - I'd stick with TGY - you could tecnically use the Home_CSC and not lose your data but that's a dirty flash and can give you poor results, it's always better to backup your data and restore to a full flash when changing CSC by flashing ROM.

Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but I've had good results with Cube ACR if you need a good app - I may look into enabling it when my current project is finished.

Best,

L4XS
    May 1, 2022 CVDD is finally out. I hope it fixes heating issues.
    N
    TGY at CVD6 is back to running warm again while doing anything on your phone. I suggest you skip this update.
    Not seeing that beahviour on my device. Seems like a good update here.
    Anyone else want to share after a few days running it?
    Some exynos versions getting it i think
    all versions have received the update as usual excluding our g9980 son of internet explorer
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder