General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys, you have to complain on everything? First why the Android 12 is not pushed, now why January update not pushed (which is also the case for Exynos), tomorrow you find something else to rush for, just sit tight and put an ice bite into your stomach, the next updates will bring NOTHING new to our handsets, enjoy your phone for now

deeplyyoung

Feb 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Guys, you have to complain on everything? First why the Android 12 is not pushed, now why January update not pushed (which is also the case for Exynos), tomorrow you find something else to rush for, just sit tight and put an ice bite into your stomach, the next updates will bring NOTHING new to our handsets, enjoy your phone for now
We spent a huge amount and for sure we need equally support as well.... And another thing is that only Samsung is one n only who do all these kind of things..

ENJOYING A12 FOR SURE BUT DON'T LIKE PARTIALITY

Reactions: drumslave

lasha117

Sep 8, 2013
4.0 update was not good for my ultra, it makes phone screen lagging at some times, in a 5-6 times a day, i dont know why, facebook had scrolling lag too, now when screen unlocks and it gets in homescreen, animation is lagging...

zikoen

Feb 8, 2019
4.0 update was not good for my ultra, it makes phone screen lagging at some times, in a 5-6 times a day, i dont know why, facebook had scrolling lag too, now when screen unlocks and it gets in homescreen, animation is lagging...
In my s21 ultra there are also those bugs. I hope the next update will fix the issues.

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
We spent a huge amount and for sure we need equally support as well.... And another thing is that only Samsung is one n only who do all these kind of things..

ENJOYING A12 FOR SURE BUT DON'T LIKE PARTIALITY

And who said that you will not get the same updates but a little later? if you cannot wait, go buy the Exynos variant, they receive at least 1 update each month, sometimes two or three..

inpression

Jul 2, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Have to say I'm happy with the update, great battery life and no issues, but I expected more from the theming, as it stands it just changes drop down menu icon colors and a sparse few colorings in places you're hardly ever gonna use.

Doesn't help that it chooses the palette randomly, and always seems to pick the worst colors for it, too...

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have received the January update now (HK) model..

Last week I received the same update for my S21 Exynos.. So just 1 week in between..

Screenshot_20220124-100328_Software update.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sharpshooterrr

bryanfuryin22

Jun 16, 2011
mumbai
Same here in UAE with HK S21 Ultra. Good to see update are coming in. Better to have stable update than rushed ones.

Screenshot_20220124-171654_Software update.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
One Ui 4.1 Test Build (still not public) for S21 Ultra Chinese model

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-210931_CheckFirm.png
    Screenshot_20220125-210931_CheckFirm.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

mastafreak87

Jan 21, 2019
Well, I'm in Malaysia and my service provider said it has been provisioned for wifi calling but the option is just not there o_O

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will we see may patch this week
    I have S21U g9980, unlocked bootloader. If I update firmware will I need to unlock again. On one UI 3.1 Android 11. Want to upgrade to 4.1 Android 12. Can I upgrade and retain bootloader unlock and root?
    Making that significant of an upgrade the way you'd probably want to backup your data and do a complete reflash of your device - This is what I did - DL your latest firmware 2 a PC... samfw.com is my fave repository, and install the latest magisk on your phone. Use your PC to extract your ROM/firmware into a directory so you have the 4 files AP BL CP CSC and CSC_HOME which won't be necessary.

I like my device encrypted because I'm a financier, but If you do like to use custom recovery Afaneh92 made a TWRP port that's compatible, you'll find it with a search TWRP s21 ultra, you can replace the recovery with that if you so desire

Use your pc to copy the AP file to your device with MTP enabled - yes it's 7gb but that's why you bought the fast flagship right? LOL open magisk app and use it to patch the ap file in your downloads - then copy the results back to your PC. That's gonna go in the AP slot and will keep your root. your bootloader is unlocked that won't change with the upgrade as outlined.

BACKUP your data - a full wipe is necessary for good results. Flash it all in Odin and enjoy your android 12.
    If you've lost root upon reboot, just use adb to reboot into download mode, and reflash just the modified .tar file patched by magisk with BL and HOME_CSC to keep from resetting your data again, and you should have root when you reinstall magisk.

Quck instructions, there are much more detailed tutorials for each step but I figure you already know most of this. Install Safetynet and resetprops and you're golden.
    Can anyone with experience help me with native call recording in TGY firmware. Is it viable to move to CHC for call recording and while doing so will my data remain as it is or will I have to backup and clean install?
    CHC is a real pain - China isn't supposed to be compatible with Google Apps - so unless you want Tencent, BAIDU, or a real project with the ADB commandline or Root - I'd stick with TGY - you could tecnically use the Home_CSC and not lose your data but that's a dirty flash and can give you poor results, it's always better to backup your data and restore to a full flash when changing CSC by flashing ROM.

Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but I've had good results with Cube ACR if you need a good app - I may look into enabling it when my current project is finished.

Best,

L4XS
    May 1, 2022 CVDD is finally out. I hope it fixes heating issues.
    N
    TGY at CVD6 is back to running warm again while doing anything on your phone. I suggest you skip this update.
    Not seeing that beahviour on my device. Seems like a good update here.
    Anyone else want to share after a few days running it?
    Some exynos versions getting it i think
    all versions have received the update as usual excluding our g9980 son of internet explorer
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder