General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

mastafreak87

Jan 21, 2019

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220127-085126.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220127-085126.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 54

Sylarx7

Jun 7, 2020
Someone with the HK version that you have in new code to Activate networks in the Menu Service? On android 11 it was *#*#276633683782#*#*

Sylarx7

Jun 7, 2020
This thread discusses about the Hong Kong (TGY) / Taiwan (BRI) / China (CHC) variant of the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G9980)
Feel free to post anything related to this variant of the S21 Ultra.

Details about SM-G9980
  • Dual Sim (SM-G9980/DS)
  • Snapdragon 888
  • Network Bands:
    • 2G GSM: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
    • 3G WCDMA: B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
    • 4G LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
    • 5G Bands: n1(2100), n5(850), n41(2500), n78(3500), n79(4700)

Current Software Versions (Thread Updated: January 24, 2022 GMT)​

Taiwan
CSC: BRI
AP Version: TBC
CSC Version: TBC
Security Patch Level: 2022-01-01
•January 2022 Security Patch
•Overall stability of your device has been improved
•The latest Android security patch has been applied
•Device security has been further enhanced
•Visit Changelog links for more.
Hong Kong
CSC: Versión TGY
AP: TBC
Versión CSC: TBC
Nivel de parche de seguridad: 2022-01-01
• Parche de seguridad de enero de 2022 • Se
mejoró la estabilidad general de su dispositivo
• Se aplicó el último parche de seguridad de Android • Se mejoró
aún más la seguridad del dispositivo
• Visite los enlaces de registro de cambios para obtener más información.
China (China abierta)
CSC: Versión CHC
AP: G9980ZCU2BUL3
Versión CSC: G9980CHC2BUL3
Nivel de parche de seguridad: 2021-12-01
• Parche de seguridad de diciembre de 2021
• Android 12 (ver enlaces de registro de cambios)

Detalles de la actualización de seguridad de Samsung: actualizaciones de seguridad
Enlace Sammobile: S21 Ultra SM-G9980
BRI: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G9980/BRI/doc.html
Alguien con la versión HK que tiene en código nuevo para Activar redes en el Servicio de Menú? En Android 11 era *#*#276633683782#*#*

clipdawg05

Nov 20, 2014
quick question, might be stupid. Is it possible to flash the china version on a US s21 so that i could get the N1 band i need for 5g in europe?

Top Liked Posts

Will we see an update before July 1st on Friday 😂😂 I need it as my camera freezes sometimes and sometimes a video on YouTube freezes the sound continues but the video is frozen , they're the only 2 bugs I have,even after a factory reset and clean installed everything
    So far, my only problem has been echoing for wifi calling. It seems another person has this problem but I haven't found this to be the case with other people.
    I don't have the camra freezes and Youtube video freezes since this update. Could this be another app in the background? I also assume you're using the latest version of youtube.
    Also, if you can be bothered, use Expert Raw. For me, it seems like it takes the better photo than the stock camera app.
    Will we see an update before July 1st on Friday 😂😂 I need it as my camera freezes sometimes and sometimes a video on YouTube freezes the sound continues but the video is frozen , they're the only 2 bugs I have,even after a factory reset and clean installed everything
    So far, my only problem has been echoing for wifi calling. It seems another person has this problem but I haven't found this to be the case with other people.
    I don't have the camra freezes and Youtube video freezes since this update. Could this be another app in the background? I also assume you're using the latest version of youtube.
    Also, if you can be bothered, use Expert Raw. For me, it seems like it takes the better photo than the stock camera app.
    At least updates will be on time lol
    True... Atleast Apple doesn't do partiality while releasing the updates.
    Mine is a Taiwan model
    to answer my own question here, again, since nobody ever seems to come back and post their solutions,

The TGY and BRI firmwares are in fact identical, but Odin flashing to the China firmware (CHC?) and back to BRI/TGY forces TGY/TGY/TGY/BRI on the phone (or maybe its because my sim card was inserted this time?) - this still didn't give me 5G connectivity because Taiwan probably added 5g long ago and the posts recommending the TGY change pre-dated 5G there. And since the process factory wiped me anyway i went ahead and installed TWRP for snapdragon, no issues.

Still no 5G on my SM-G9910 using AT&T, I'm calling those ferks back tomorrow.
    So twrp works well? I'm using sm-g9980 but yeah you are right there's not much difference between the firmware
    yep, i havent run a backup yet (my whole reason for installing) or installed a custom rom, but so far no hiccups whatsoever
    Shame this phone has no roms
    Is it safe to assume that American variants with snapdragon ROMS can be compatible with ours
    Some exynos versions getting it i think
    all versions have received the update as usual excluding our g9980 son of internet explorer
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder