• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread
Has anyone tried to install this
I'm trying but I keep getting errors when I try to install the chinese stock rom (AUI6) it says FRP is enabled, not allowed to download non-FRP abi binary
Edit: I'm guessing this is related to OEM Unlocking and if I do that will I lose all Knox functions? like secure folder and such
Edit2: Managed to flash without OEM Unlock but now got
Reason avb_footer.c41: ERROR: Footer magic is incorrect
avb_vb_metaimage. c:59 ERROR: Magic is incorrect
avb_slot_verify.c:629 ERROR: prism: Error verifying vbmeta image: invalid vbmeta header
CUSTOM prism

and my phone doesn't boot beyond download mode
Edit3: Fixed those errors by flashing the non home version of csc file and formatting my phone and finally in beta works good but tons of bloatware and some bad translation here and there also google discover is missing but the software seems to work just fine

Last edited:
Reactions: nobrain3000

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I suppose this means that we have to wait for a TGY/BRI version of the beta. It has always been the case that the Chinese version is separated from the HK/Taiwan version because of the **** ton of bloatware in Chinese FW. If someone from those regions manage to get hold of beta, then would be great

how did you install the beta version ?
First you download AUI6 firmware with CHC region csc (I downloaded from SamMobile but anythings ok as long as the csc and the build numbers are the right ones) and flash it with odin and head to https://cherrydrive.cn/s/l4jiJ?&continueFlag=8996eae0c64321f7eee9c45aadff3f8c&path=/
password : beta
and download the beta and flash it using adb sideload
and also you can thank zjhao earlier in the thread for the uploads.

sashapetrik

Jul 15, 2010
Does anyone know if android auto works on beta? because the only problem for me on the Chinese firmware was not working android auto.

afro972

Jul 5, 2007
Paris
empiredubuzz.fr
First you download AUI6 firmware with CHC region csc (I downloaded from SamMobile but anythings ok as long as the csc and the build numbers are the right ones) and flash it with odin and head to https://cherrydrive.cn/s/l4jiJ?&continueFlag=8996eae0c64321f7eee9c45aadff3f8c&path=/
password : beta
and download the beta and flash it using adb sideload
and also you can thank zjhao earlier in the thread for the uploads.
thank you very i'll test it this week end

Reactions: Prodction

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi

I need your advice, which version is better for international use (espacially in France) ? TGY/BRI/CHC

thanks in advance
TGY & BRI is working pretty fine for you in France. I have TGY (Hong Kong) and live in Sweden, have no problem but remember the 5G support will be limited because the bands used in HK are different that 5G bands in France. But 3G & 4G bands almost fully supported.

Reactions: afro972

Prodction

Oct 15, 2021
The beta version on G9910 no problem. On Odin I flash as indicate the BL, AP, CSC, for the CP (Modem) I replace it with that of BRI (Taiwan) of the same security date.
Installation of the beta file with ADB without problems.
I deleted all unnecessary Chinese apps. I cannot say if 5g works because my plan does not include it but 4g no problem in France. I don't encounter any particular problem only a few system applications still in Chinese, like bixby.

Thanks to zjhao for sharing the beta links

Reactions: Ivixmax

Top Liked Posts

Have to say I'm happy with the update, great battery life and no issues, but I expected more from the theming, as it stands it just changes drop down menu icon colors and a sparse few colorings in places you're hardly ever gonna use.

Doesn't help that it chooses the palette randomly, and always seems to pick the worst colors for it, too...
    We are waiting because we don't have a reasonable choice. If there was a safe way to change the region and csc I would've done it. But with Samsung they've made so many varients that things can mess up. And the slap on our face is when they are giving the list of devices which will soon get 4.1
    I wonder how sensible it is to stay on Hong Kong region for future updates and security patches etc.
    Hurrah! Something new to complain about! The Jan update is out and we didn't get it yet!!

:)
    Haha we are all annoyed but probably more about constantly clicking on the software update button and getting nothing that satisfies our "want it now hunger" 🤣 then we'll get it, install it and after 2 days of initial excitement be "Meh" 🤦
    Let's hope we get our update today on TGY
    Finally

Screenshot_20220103-152320_Software update.jpg
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder
    After all these updates, I hope we will have a very efficient one ui 4 on our version