General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

ebowen 747

Jun 3, 2014
LG V30
LG V60 ThinQ
Making that significant of an upgrade the way you'd probably want to backup your data and do a complete reflash of your device - This is what I did - DL your latest firmware 2 a PC... samfw.com is my fave repository, and install the latest magisk on your phone. Use your PC to extract your ROM/firmware into a directory so you have the 4 files AP BL CP CSC and CSC_HOME which won't be necessary.

I like my device encrypted because I'm a financier, but If you do like to use custom recovery Afaneh92 made a TWRP port that's compatible, you'll find it with a search TWRP s21 ultra, you can replace the recovery with that if you so desire

Use your pc to copy the AP file to your device with MTP enabled - yes it's 7gb but that's why you bought the fast flagship right? LOL open magisk app and use it to patch the ap file in your downloads - then copy the results back to your PC. That's gonna go in the AP slot and will keep your root. your bootloader is unlocked that won't change with the upgrade as outlined.

BACKUP your data - a full wipe is necessary for good results. Flash it all in Odin and enjoy your android 12.
If you've lost root upon reboot, just use adb to reboot into download mode, and reflash just the modified .tar file patched by magisk with BL and HOME_CSC to keep from resetting your data again, and you should have root when you reinstall magisk.

Quck instructions, there are much more detailed tutorials for each step but I figure you already know most of this. Install Safetynet and resetprops and you're golden.
Is there a field test mode for this phone, to adjust network settings and such?

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Screenshot_20220520-081238_Software update.jpg

Looks like a big update.

Last edited:

Makleroy

May 20, 2022
Hello, I recently updated my phone, and after doing so, the second sim card on the phone stopped working, has this happened to anyone else?

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If you or anyone can answer this for me, i'm losing my mind

How are you switching to TGY from BRI in ODIN if Frija downloads *exactly* the same file for both packages??

This is bizarre for me too. I am currently at TGY and hasn't come back to BRI (original). I tried flashing CHC then back to BRI/TGY but it then defaults to TGY. I can't come back to BRI anymore. I have also tried removing sim card while flashing either but it doesn't work.

Maybe this is dependent on the sim card that you have last plugged in? Don't quote me. I hope you find your answer.

theartialmartist

Feb 7, 2011
This is bizarre for me too. I am currently at TGY and hasn't come back to BRI (original). I tried flashing CHC then back to BRI/TGY but it then defaults to TGY. I can't come back to BRI anymore. I have also tried removing sim card while flashing either but it doesn't work.

Maybe this is dependent on the sim card that you have last plugged in? Don't quote me. I hope you find your answer.
How did you switch to TGY in the first place? did you manually input TGY into Frija and just flash that CSC?

Top Liked Posts