General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

TomasSX1

Jan 3, 2022
Update now live in Slovakia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-114540_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-114540_Software update.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: deeplyyoung

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
Play Store has been lagging like crazy after the update. There is no way to make it not lag like that while scrolling.

rubaja

Jul 18, 2010
how can I unlock the 5G band in hotspot that Samsung decided to block??
Can I install different Rom on y S21 ultra so I will have the 5G band option enabled?

Darkness15

Apr 4, 2015
Hi every one
Sorry for my English first
I'm facing issue with my s21 ultra g9980 CH CSC
I'm already saving my contact's in google account and when someone calling me the phone not displayed his name only showing his number!
try clean cash and data for phone app and so many methods its a same
dos anyone facing this issue ?
And also flashing TGY and BRI roms same results not showing contacts name only numbers
When install another dialer like google or truecaller the showing contacts name normally but not have option for call recording as the Samsung dialer
Any advice pleas ?

Hi every one
Sorry for my English first
I'm facing issue with my s21 ultra g9980 CH CSC
I'm already saving my contact's in google account and when someone calling me the phone not displayed his name only showing his number!
try clean cash and data for phone app and so many methods its a same
dos anyone facing this issue ?
And also flashing TGY and BRI roms same results not showing contacts name only numbers
When install another dialer like google or truecaller the showing contacts name normally but not have option for call recording as the Samsung dialer
Any advice pleas ?
Google Apps are disabled in China - CHC I've gotten them to work but it's a hassle... - I recommend international folks use the TGY CSC, you'd have to use ODIN to reflash your ROM with the full CSC instead of home_CSC which will delete all your data so take a backup. Flash it withouth SIM card in phone, then insert once you boot up - or you can try to change the CSC in other ways but you'll still need to reflash the ROM accordingly.
SAMFW.COM is my favorite ROM repository, here's the june TGY ROM and you can DL the latest ODIN here too if need be.

Let us know how it goes 4u and if need be I'll take another look
4Xc3$$

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkness15

Darkness15

Apr 4, 2015
Google Apps are disabled in China - CHC I've gotten them to work but it's a hassle... - I recommend international folks use the TGY CSC, you'd have to use ODIN to reflash your ROM with the full CSC instead of home_CSC which will delete all your data so take a backup. Flash it withouth SIM card in phone, then insert once you boot up - or you can try to change the CSC in other ways but you'll still need to reflash the ROM accordingly.
SAMFW.COM is my favorite ROM repository, here's the june TGY ROM and you can DL the latest ODIN here too if need be.

Let us know how it goes 4u and if need be I'll take another look
4Xc3$$
Thanks for your replay
Already have this rom and flash TGY rom with TGY CSC but have same issue with contacts name not showing incoming call but and best battery life for me is BRI rom
I will flash TGY again without sim card in phone and insert when booting

I will let u know what happened

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

August 2022 Security patch has been released for TGY/BRI/CHC.​

View attachment 5701555

• If you wish to flash the latest firmware, download Firmware from Frija and flash Via Odin.​

• To check for latest updates on your phone - Settings > Software Update > Download and install.​

I just bought a Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) how do I know if it hasn't been refurbished? thank you
    Use this app:

August 2022 Security patch has been released for TGY/BRI/CHC.​

View attachment 5701555

View attachment 5706651

• If you wish to flash the latest firmware, download Firmware from Frija and flash Via Odin.​

• To check for latest updates on your phone - Settings > Software Update > Download and install.​

Hey there, I'm trying to recreate this but it does not seem to happen on mine. Normally, I would do the exact same things you've done.
    Are you using a vpn? Have you tried resetting the network settings under reset - note this will reset all network credentials and you have to enter all of them again.

I'm not 100% sure what would cause this on your phone but I would also try restarting the router or hook up to a different wifi network.
    Thank you so much for your time and reply.
    I thought the same and tried a public wifi network.. And all seemed fine... Eventually I called our internet provider and it was the created by dnl addresses of neighbors wifi networks stepping on our home address.. They checked portals and changed and solved the issue... But they told me as well that Chromes instability is also affecting.

Thank you once more
    Alex
    Hello
    Can I use a 45 watt charger for s21 ultra?
    Of course you can, but it's only gonna charge at 25w
    Some exynos versions getting it i think
    all versions have received the update as usual excluding our g9980 son of internet explorer
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder