• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

tessut

Dec 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The beta version on G9910 no problem. On Odin I flash as indicate the BL, AP, CSC, for the CP (Modem) I replace it with that of BRI (Taiwan) of the same security date.
Installation of the beta file with ADB without problems.
I deleted all unnecessary Chinese apps. I cannot say if 5g works because my plan does not include it but 4g no problem in France. I don't encounter any particular problem only a few system applications still in Chinese, like bixby.

Thanks to zjhao for sharing the beta links
Did u use Home csc ?

Still on beta 2?

Any feedbacks about your experience ?
Yeah I could only find the beta here through zjhao's drive so unless he decides to upload more I'm stuck with this till the official release. But overall not bad except few bugs like Material You color theming stuff doesn't work at all, there's an occasional SystemUI crash and interestingly location sharing on WhatsApp is a nightmare I don't know how this could be messed up but there you go also you can't backup Samsung Health data unless you're from China. There are also some Chinese lettering which appears on call screens sometimes on a couple of my contacts. But aside from these problems the new widget animations are really nice and the overall it's snappier than One UI 3 but every now and then it stutters but for a very short time. The battery life is similiar to One UI 3. I will keep using it as none of the problems I said affect my daily usage that much.

Prodction

Oct 15, 2021
Yeah I could only find the beta here through zjhao's drive so unless he decides to upload more I'm stuck with this till the official release. But overall not bad except few bugs like Material You color theming stuff doesn't work at all, there's an occasional SystemUI crash and interestingly location sharing on WhatsApp is a nightmare I don't know how this could be messed up but there you go also you can't backup Samsung Health data unless you're from China. There are also some Chinese lettering which appears on call screens sometimes on a couple of my contacts. But aside from these problems the new widget animations are really nice and the overall it's snappier than One UI 3 but every now and then it stutters but for a very short time. The battery life is similiar to One UI 3. I will keep using it as none of the problems I said affect my daily usage that much.
Latest beta version 🔥 : https://cherrydrive.cn/s/l4jiJ?&continueFlag=8996eae0c64321f7eee9c45aadff3f8c&path=/

Last edited:
Reactions: afro972

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are waiting because we don't have a reasonable choice. If there was a safe way to change the region and csc I would've done it. But with Samsung they've made so many varients that things can mess up. And the slap on our face is when they are giving the list of devices which will soon get 4.1
    I wonder how sensible it is to stay on Hong Kong region for future updates and security patches etc.
    Hurrah! Something new to complain about! The Jan update is out and we didn't get it yet!!

:)
    Finally

Screenshot_20220103-152320_Software update.jpg
    I did the OTA upgrade for CHC version, and it installed pretty quickly without any fuss.

The patch notes were really long for this one, covering privacy/home screen/lock screen/camera/galleryar emoji/sharing/calendar/browser/smart manager/health/bixby routines/accessibility/features and improvements.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting but I didn't find much visually different at first glance. Nice to have some new options like the battery protect feature, and the palette matching based on your desktop background. So far seems pretty smooth, but going to see how the battery is today and see how fast it drains.
    Let's hope we get our update today on TGY
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder
    After all these updates, I hope we will have a very efficient one ui 4 on our version