• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

Aboelnasr

Jun 24, 2021
For that repeated lateness from Samsung, i'm thinking about flashing the unlocked rom of G998u1.
Would it work great with our G9980 !

zjhao

Jan 4, 2019
Beta4 has been released, and people from Samsung in China have revealed that the next update will be the official version.

Reactions: afro972

zjhao

Jan 4, 2019
You are right, that was the previous news. The official version was originally expected to be released directly
Some test users have reported some problems and need to re-test. The previous article has a download link.

Reactions: nightoooo

Prodction

Oct 15, 2021
While waiting for the official version for China

Screenshot_20211202-183001_Edge.jpg

Top Liked Posts

Now we are fully up to date. We have everything everyone else has. But where's the February and March updates? And android 13??? Really Samsung, letting us 9980 owners down.

I am complaining because I have NOTHING to complain about.
    One Ui 4.1 Test Build (still not public) for S21 Ultra Chinese model
    We are waiting because we don't have a reasonable choice. If there was a safe way to change the region and csc I would've done it. But with Samsung they've made so many varients that things can mess up. And the slap on our face is when they are giving the list of devices which will soon get 4.1
    I wonder how sensible it is to stay on Hong Kong region for future updates and security patches etc.
    Hurrah! Something new to complain about! The Jan update is out and we didn't get it yet!!

:)
    Haha we are all annoyed but probably more about constantly clicking on the software update button and getting nothing that satisfies our "want it now hunger" 🤣 then we'll get it, install it and after 2 days of initial excitement be "Meh" 🤦
    Let's hope we get our update today on TGY
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder
    After all these updates, I hope we will have a very efficient one ui 4 on our version