• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G9980) | TGY/BRI/CHC | Discussions, Firmware, Updates, etc.

Search This thread

taher2

Dec 5, 2013
Piranshahr
so we are still far away from official sw alright i am done waiting. i was checking update every hour lol
Dude I'm checking every time I turn the screen on!
While s20 is getting official OneUI 4 and S10 and Note 10 Series officially getting the update in next few weeks, We the S21 Ultra G9980 the flagship of the Flagships are still on Android 11 October Patch, what a tragedy!!

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Dude I'm checking every time I turn the screen on!
While s20 is getting official OneUI 4 and S10 and Note 10 Series officially getting the update in next few weeks, We the S21 Ultra G9980 the flagship of the Flagships are still on Android 11 October Patch, what a tragedy!!

The problem is not from Samsung, it's from the operators that is halting the update looks like, even if you have unlocked phone that means you still depends on operator's approval.

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That doesnt make sense. It's Samsung that is delaying it

So you mean Samsung is just "fooling" around to delay the update?

The operators should APPROVE the SW before Samsung can release it for the mass. The operators has what they call for "Customer Acceptance" and during this period if the operators are NOT happy with what they are testing, they don't give any approval until everything is solved. So definitely Samsung is not delaying the release as they run "customer acceptance" test activities all together in all regions in the world at the same time. Maybe the SM-G9980 is suffering from a ShowStopper issue that's why the delay.

Even if you bought your phone cash without any contract/not locked/SIM free, you would wait until the operators are done with their tests and approve the SW.

Fischmann1

Mar 31, 2018
Lima, Peru
I have the TGY version (Band version G9980ZCS2AUIN) with still Android 11. Could I flash my phone with the SM-G998B BTE firmware
Screenshot_20211203-111936_Settings.jpg
and get Android 12?. So many thanks.

nightoooo

Jun 17, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Reactions: Fischmann1

Top Liked Posts

Have to say I'm happy with the update, great battery life and no issues, but I expected more from the theming, as it stands it just changes drop down menu icon colors and a sparse few colorings in places you're hardly ever gonna use.

Doesn't help that it chooses the palette randomly, and always seems to pick the worst colors for it, too...
    We are waiting because we don't have a reasonable choice. If there was a safe way to change the region and csc I would've done it. But with Samsung they've made so many varients that things can mess up. And the slap on our face is when they are giving the list of devices which will soon get 4.1
    I wonder how sensible it is to stay on Hong Kong region for future updates and security patches etc.
    Hurrah! Something new to complain about! The Jan update is out and we didn't get it yet!!

:)
    Haha we are all annoyed but probably more about constantly clicking on the software update button and getting nothing that satisfies our "want it now hunger" 🤣 then we'll get it, install it and after 2 days of initial excitement be "Meh" 🤦
    Let's hope we get our update today on TGY
    Reading in Reddit about all the bugs in UI4 it may be an advantage that we are last. Perhaps some more bugs will get ironed out..
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    Good luck mate... give it another day.. if this is ur daily driver, dont lose warranty just for the heck of it... its a very very expensive piece of machinery :(

Sad that a different nations regulations prevent u from receiving critical security patches!!
    Quick question, does anybody know if we can move away from the TGY/BRI CSC to any other Snapdragon variant??

And still have a working rom?

The intervention of china/hongkong carriers is scary to an entent that this is not the only update being purposefully delayed..

Any advice from anyone who knows how to permanently move away to a different country rom is highly appreciated
    If I haven't received the ****ty update today, I'll flash the USA XAA snapdragon version even if my phone dead 😭.
    If I've successfully did it I'll revert, but if not I'll put my dead phone into my A** 😅
    BETA 5 added today to the usual folder
    After all these updates, I hope we will have a very efficient one ui 4 on our version