Search This thread

HellaLuckyThirteen

Dec 8, 2022
Hey all. New to the XDA forums, so don't tear into me too deeply.

I work at a tech repair store. CPR Cell Phone repair. Occasionally we get phones that people recycle, throw 'em into 'graveyard' so new employees can practice on a phone without worrying about ****ing up a potentially expensive piece of technology. Now we usually assume these phones are garbage, worth their weight in paper, but with a little free time and the battery from an S22 Ultra that had been ran over by a truck (twice), I managed to get a functioning S22 Ultra from the ashes of 3 different throwaways. A few purchased aftermarket parts from our supplier, and this thing is almost up and running like new.

Now here's the issue. The thing has an FRP lock, and despite my scouring of the internet I have had no success with a solution. The previous owner didn't take the lock off likely because they assumed it was never going to work again and abandoned it as such. If I had contact with the person I would message them in a heartbeat. Anyways, this phone is practically an 1100$ paperweight at this point, and I've lost both hair and sleep trying to get my dream phone functioning as it should. Samsung forums was ultimately unhelpful (said it's more of a 'google thing', which may have boiled down to something the agent just hasn't encountered before) google forums is effectively abandoned (my post is a week or two old, not even so much as an emoticon in the comment section.) And both reddit and my own repair store don't have a solution. Google searches itself are so littered with buyware and garbage (allegedly from the same company) that finding your site with a potential solution was a nightmare.

So my conclusion is either consider the project impossible for an amateur such as myself, or get help from the most useful people so far in the process.
I've tried an ODIN firmware and OS install. Guide did not clarify if I should erase the NAND or not, so I kept the option off.
Any advice or solutions on where to go moving forward is greatly appreciated. I can only lose so much hair.

vinoboxer

Dec 9, 2022
Quick question - I have a screen lock on my S22 ultra that I appear to have maxed out my tries to get into my phone and it says 'Try again in 24 hours' but as my phone is prone to restart, means the 24 clock restarts too.

Would this tool remove the lock and allow me access to my data or will it involve a factory reset??

HellaLuckyThirteen

Dec 8, 2022
Quick question - I have a screen lock on my S22 ultra that I appear to have maxed out my tries to get into my phone and it says 'Try again in 24 hours' but as my phone is prone to restart, means the 24 clock restarts too.

Would this tool remove the lock and allow me access to my data or will it involve a factory reset??
From my experience it seems like it would involve a factory reset. The FRP unlocker removes the google lock, not the lock screen lock.

Hopefully you don't have anything you're gonna miss on your phone, friend.

Top Liked Posts