Galaxy S3 international to get Android 5

Search This thread

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
From the Note 2 forums

This news is from Sammobile. They have get an information that some devices, including Note 2 will get Android 5:

To get Android 5.0.
GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE
GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi

The link: http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/18...ii-galaxy-note-ii/#.UUbKyCyAJxc.twitter:good:

Does this mean we might see it too? (After the carriers bloat the hell out of it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
.... how did they get information about devices that will be updated to Android 5.0..... when so far there hasn't even really been any NEWS about Android 5.0? 0.o

Pbwizkid

Feb 27, 2012
Weatherford
Depends on how many eggs they put in the basket of the S4 and how much the want to work on continued support of the s3. I say we stand a good chance with the over all popularity of the device

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Depends on how many eggs they put in the basket of the S4 and how much the want to work on continued support of the s3. I say we stand a good chance with the over all popularity of the device

We will see but after working for ATT for a few years and dealing with thier update, or lack of. We may get 4.2.2 but that will be it. This device has already been deemed EOL.

Reactions: mrhaley30705

bigblue95z

Aug 15, 2010
Decatur, IL

Of course not the GT-N8013.... If I'm not getting a carrier subsidy, I will never buy another device destined for JUST the US. We get SCREWED EVERY DAMN TIME!!! It's really beginning to piss me off, and frankly, not very fair.

willbs94

Dec 2, 2010
Lebanon, MO

Of course not the GT-N8013.... If I'm not getting a carrier subsidy, I will never buy another device destined for JUST the US. We get SCREWED EVERY DAMN TIME!!! It's really beginning to piss me off, and frankly, not very fair.

I agree and it is a constant battle. Sadly never won by the consumer....

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho
At least they didn't put it on the list with a time line and wait till way after the end of the time line was up to say ahh never mind like they did with the atrix 4g. Hence the reason I no longer have any moto devices lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Yeah, that one still stings. I was wishing I had a LapDock the other day with my SGS3. <sigh>

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Google hasn't even announced android 5.0 and the Nexus 4 just came out a few months ago. I highly doubt the Nexus 5 will be out in I-O (and seeing how Google releases the Nexus along with the latest android) there is no for sure about android 5.0..... Unless the news come directly from Google don't believe what other sites say.

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
For a moment there when I noticed a Samsung Kies update today, I "almost thought" that AT&T had released something for the i747.
I'm tired of flashing buggy 4.2.2 ROMs that don't improve battery life.

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
Google hasn't even announced android 5.0 and the Nexus 4 just came out a few months ago. I highly doubt the Nexus 5 will be out in I-O (and seeing how Google releases the Nexus along with the latest android) there is no for sure about android 5.0..... Unless the news come directly from Google don't believe what other sites say.

Android 4.1 came with the Nexus 7. Allegedly, Google will be refreshing the Nexus 7 and releasing Android 5. It would be right in line with their release schedule to announce a new version of Android at I/O.

Also, don't get too depressed, guys. The AT&T versions of the Galaxy S2 just got Jelly Bean.

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Pure
Moto X4
Also, don't get too depressed, guys. The AT&T versions of the Galaxy S2 just got Jelly Bean.

Yep...and that keeps right in line with AT&T mentality. The S2 was lucky to get that. Look at the fact that several U.S. carriers (smaller ones) have already updated to JB 4.1.2 on SGS3 models. AT&T being the way they are, will drag their @ss and we will be lucky to see this update. After all, why would they release an update that will break their apps...or make users happy.

I remember my HTC Inspire and the update to DHD to 2.3.5. Took AT&T 6 months or more to release it for the Inspire. It just happened to coincide with HTC's decision not to update the HTC DHD to ICS (after they had promised it).

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
Yep...and that keeps right in line with AT&T mentality. The S2 was lucky to get that. Look at the fact that several U.S. carriers (smaller ones) have already updated to JB 4.1.2 on SGS3 models. AT&T being the way they are, will drag their @ss and we will be lucky to see this update. After all, why would they release an update that will break their apps...or make users happy.

I remember my HTC Inspire and the update to DHD to 2.3.5. Took AT&T 6 months or more to release it for the Inspire. It just happened to coincide with HTC's decision not to update the HTC DHD to ICS (after they had promised it).
Yah but my guess is that the Galaxy S3 will get Android 5 probably by the end of this year and it will be the last update the GS3 gets. I gave up and moved to a custom ROM and haven't bothered looking back. My next phone will probably be the next Nexus.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City

I agree.. A lot of people think carriers are at fault, well partially they are but they have to make apps and other little bells and whistles be compatible with any firmware updates. But like I said android 5 hasn't been announced yet. At all... Back when ICS and JB we're going to be released they placed Andy and the dessert selection outside Google. Nothing has been brought out yet. Unless they're taking an Apple motive and keeping everything super secret, I'm not going to hold my breath for android 5 or the next Nexus until the end of this year or the beginning of next. Google IO is around the corner and still no announcement of Android 5. They're main focus this year is going to be Google Glass Project since its ready to be sold to the public.

Sir_Brizz

Apr 14, 2009
Provo Area
I agree.. A lot of people think carriers are at fault, well partially they are but they have to make apps and other little bells and whistles be compatible with any firmware updates. But like I said android 5 hasn't been announced yet. At all... Back when ICS and JB we're going to be released they placed Andy and the dessert selection outside Google. Nothing has been brought out yet. Unless they're taking an Apple motive and keeping everything super secret, I'm not going to hold my breath for android 5 or the next Nexus until the end of this year or the beginning of next. Google IO is around the corner and still no announcement of Android 5. They're main focus this year is going to be Google Glass Project since its ready to be sold to the public.

In years past, that only happened a few days before I/O, though. We are over a month out.

And carriers are at fault for having to add those "bells and whistles" to begin with. They should just put their apps in the Play Store and update them as compatibility issues are found.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At least they didn't put it on the list with a time line and wait till way after the end of the time line was up to say ahh never mind like they did with the atrix 4g. Hence the reason I no longer have any moto devices lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    From the Note 2 forums

Does this mean we might see it too? (After the carriers bloat the hell out of it)

Mosy likely not an official version. Maybe a port as ATT is not known for updating the device. Mainly with the S4 coming out soon I really doubt it.

We will see but after working for ATT for a few years and dealing with thier update, or lack of. We may get 4.2.2 but that will be it. This device has already been deemed EOL.
    But who needs Touchwiz either way?? Lol
    CM will give is Android 5 before we know it. Maybe even before by one of the great devs we have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner

Because without a samsing release there will be no kernel code. Without it you will never get fully functioning camera or other hardware related things. With the big jump 5.0 will be we better hope at least one version gets a leak. Which it may be safe to say the euro versoon will see the leak as we seem to get at least one leak a month for the euro devices of updated samsung software.

Wayne Tech S-III
    Dude its not Samsung. All other OEM are the same when the carrier controls the updates. ATT didn't even update the inspire when the security hole in wifi was found as it was EOL. The S3 popularity was due to advertising. That's it. While android is very cool more and more are trading it in for IOS now that the hype is over. Android is not an OS for the non techies. All we can do is wait. It will most likely see 4.1.1 but I don't think it will be getting 4.2.2 or 5. My buddies are gonna send me any info they get about it. So only time will tell.

That doesn't surprise me. T-Mobile is a euro based company the euro devices are updates long after the US devices are not

Wayne Tech S-III

Actually marketshare is showing the complete opposite.... ios falling and android growing.

Where are you getting your info?