Galaxy S4 variant confusion

Search This thread

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Hello! I have a project that I am working on that involves a handful of Galaxy S4 devices. They were all purchased on ebay, so they are all different models with different versions of android. The goal is to get them running as close to the same software as possible.

The models that i have - as shown in the about phone settings - are

• GT-I9505
  • GT-I9500
  • SGH-I337
  • SGH-M9194N
  • SGH-M919N
  • SGH-M919

From my understanding, all of these other than I9500 are qualcomm based and should therefore be able to run the unified jfltexx build from lineageOS. IF this is the case - and i am not ENTIRELY sure i understood all of that correctly - I am still out a build for the I9500. Are there any CM or lineageOS builds that will run on this hardware?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The i337 cannot run lineage if the bootloader is locked. I believe att locked the bootloader with the ota update for android 4.3.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
The question about the I9500 and LineageOS has been seemingly asked at least once a week for the last several weeks. Unless you can provide an I9500 to a developer to develop upon, you will not see a properly functioning LineageOS build on the device.

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
The question about the I9500 and LineageOS has been seemingly asked at least once a week for the last several weeks. Unless you can provide an I9500 to a developer to develop upon, you will not see a properly functioning LineageOS build on the device.

I do not have access to the devices, I just have a client who asked me some questions about the devices, and I admit that these Samsung devices confuse the hell out of me. This wasnt a "Damnit, gimme lineage now!" post, but more just me trying to get a handle on all the different models and their differences.

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
The i337 cannot run lineage if the bootloader is locked. I believe att locked the bootloader with the ota update for android 4.3.

Samsung still has not provided an OEM bootloader unlock? I havent dealt with a non unlocked phone for years, so im actually asking. Is there no bootloader hacks, even a third party exploit that allows the bootloader to be reflashed?

As for the other models, if they all run a unified lineage build, how does that work with all the various carriers supported? do you have to reflash the correct radio after, or does lineage just not touch that when flashing?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I believe AT&T requested the bootloader lock as they have with the note 3, G2, etc. and there is no hack or way to unlock the AT&T s4 bootloader.