Galaxy S5 NEO SM-G903F user thread.

Search This thread
Hi All!

I didn't see any thread yet for this phone, the Samsung Galaxy s5 NEO (SM-G903F).

Here you can share your experience and tips and tricks.
Unfortunately I didn't see any root for this phone, as well the custom roms aren't there.

So if you have a trick to root it, let it know in this topic!

I have this phone since last Saturday, till now I'm happy with the phone. I installed nova laucher on it, because it works better.
Can't wait to install a custom rom on it, with stock android.

pBarth

Feb 18, 2014
Szczecin
The phone is fine, I installed Apex launcher (long time user :) ), samsung`s 5.1.1 works fine, but I need root for adaway and system files access. Waiting for root method :)

Step 1. Go into settings and enable installation of apps from unknown sources(settings>security>tick unknown sources)
Step 2. Go to https://towelroot.com/ and tap the brown lambda symbol to download towelroot app
Step 3. After download completes open the file, the android package installer will appear, press install
Step 4. Open the Towelroot app and press the "make it ra1n" button
Step 5. Enjoy your rooted S5

steveeJ

Nov 24, 2011
Step 1. Go into settings and enable installation of apps from unknown sources(settings>security>tick unknown sources)
Step 2. Go to https://towelroot.com/ and tap the brown lambda symbol to download towelroot app
Step 3. After download completes open the file, the android package installer will appear, press install
Step 4. Open the Towelroot app and press the "make it ra1n" button
Step 5. Enjoy your rooted S5
Can someone confirm this? I don't own the phone so I can't try it myself.

I've checked last week towel root and I confirm too that it does not work. Later I'm going to post here 2 pages that show how to root it but 1 one of them at least, I think is something like a fake because I don't trust pages requiring to complete surveys for files downloads...
The other one shows other methods but I tried some of them without success....
Maybe someone can do it.
By now my new s5 neo continue waiting for a root working method....
I've too much apps that need root access like titanium backup or xposed for example, and without all of them, my I9100 with resurrection remix last rom is by y now still being a better useful phone than s5 neo :mad:
See u

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hi again, here are the two pages that I talk about in the prev post:
The first one, I really don't advise to do that. But maybe you check it and it runs...
Here is it:
:mad::mad:
http://www.howto-root.info/2015/06/samsung-galaxy-s5-neo-6506.html
Sent from my GT-I9100

The next one is the one with different methods but I repeat, I've tried some of then and no one have reached root access... Here is it:

http://rooter15.blogspot.de/2015/08/how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-s5-neo.html?m=1

If you want try it and tell me something maybe you make what I couldn't!

Best regards
Bye again
:)

Hi again, here are the two pages that I talk about in the prev post:
The first one, I really don't advise to do that. But maybe you check it and it runs...
Here is it:
:mad::mad:
http://www.howto-root.info/2015/06/samsung-galaxy-s5-neo-6506.html
Sent from my GT-I9100

The next one is the one with different methods but I repeat, I've tried some of then and no one have reached root access... Here is it:

http://rooter15.blogspot.de/2015/08/how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-s5-neo.html?m=1

If you want try it and tell me something maybe you make what I couldn't!

Best regards
Bye again
:)

I was on these sites as well, they're look kinda shady. Because you have several sites with different names, but the same lay-outs.
I don't trust these sites.

Maybe it's an idea to spam Chainfire's his topic? Because someone already asked to make a root for the s5 NEO in there.

andyfsimon

Sep 21, 2015
Amsterdam
I was on these sites as well, they're look kinda shady. Because you have several sites with different names, but the same lay-outs.
I don't trust these sites.

DO NOT - repeat - DO NOT go on that survey site publishing an alleged S5 Neo root: it is a scammer.

I already confronted him directly, he also posted a video where he shows that he can download the APK file after submitting a couple of surveys but it is fake.
He's the only one claiming to have a rooting method (isn't it strange? and so soon?) and when confronted directly about his peculiar way of allowing download he hides away... DO NOT trust that, he has NO ROOT whatsoever, just a bunch of ads to make easy money.

Flamejim

Jan 7, 2011
Enschede
Do not try the second one either have read of some people that allready tried all of them (on the site itself 3 people allready say it ain't working..) but didn't work! And there are only 2 reasonable options 1 is king root and the second is idd chainfire. But the second one i don't think we should spam his topic just like the post where the one guy is asking about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: guvmsa and homsersf
Do not try the second one either have read of some people that allready tried all of them (on the site itself 3 people allready say it ain't working..) but didn't work! And there are only 2 reasonable options 1 is king root and the second is idd chainfire. But the second one i don't think we should spam his topic just like the post where the one guy is asking about it!

Kingo root I tried, but that keeps hanging on 77%, so that one doens't work either.

Flamejim

Jan 7, 2011
Enschede
Kingo root I tried, but that keeps hanging on 77%, so that one doens't work either.

If you try the newest version it will say that there is no means to root. And you can request for them to research it like i believe 30 have done this according to the app. ;) The more people who do this the more they'll think people actually want this.

If you try the newest version it will say that there is no means to root. And you can request for them to research it like i believe 30 have done this according to the app. ;) The more people who do this the more they'll think people actually want this.

Oke, cool!
Does it has to be done via de application? Or do they have a mail/website? I'm at work now, so can't check now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All!

I didn't see any thread yet for this phone, the Samsung Galaxy s5 NEO (SM-G903F).

Here you can share your experience and tips and tricks.
    Unfortunately I didn't see any root for this phone, as well the custom roms aren't there.

So if you have a trick to root it, let it know in this topic!

I have this phone since last Saturday, till now I'm happy with the phone. I installed nova laucher on it, because it works better.
    Can't wait to install a custom rom on it, with stock android.
    We need custom roms!
    you're lucky enough to have samsung sources

Download them here: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=SM-G903F
    Force Selinux Permissive in kernel
    Compile kernel
    Use this tool to repack your stock boot.img with compiled kernel: https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools
    You're done to use SuperSU

No other way than a custom kernel for all 5.1.1 devices
    So guys, i think i'm on a good way, i have successfully set up a build enviroment, downloaded CM Sourcecode and was able to pull build.prop via adb. Next step is to dump the boot.img and edit the boardconfig file.
    I'll give you another update when i'm a few steps further. :D
    Could get a bit difficult since porting CWM to a new device can be a s***load of work ^^
    Well, let's hope the best.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk
    Hello, i bought today S5 neo, would like to see root too.. I hope someone is reading our messages and help us.

just read it: Chainfire Releases Root For Android 6.0 Without Modifying /system

S5 NEO get Marshmallow in 1. Q 2016
    just wait and wait and wait and w.............................. ;)