• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy S6 Build.prop Ram fix works for the Note4

Search This thread

MiniMoose

May 17, 2015
Los Angeles
So this was posted awhile back on reddit, and I know that not everyone uses reddit. So might as well post it here. If it has already been posted, then just delete mine. I looked hard and found no one on here talking about it at all.

So someone on the s6 XDA forum found out a 6 line edit to the build.prop that fixes a memory leak in Touch-Wiz. A popular user on the galaxynote4 subreddit (u/onbeskarakterl) tried it for ****s and giggles and it worked. (Can't post the link because I'm a new user to xda :C )

This is all you have to do, and yes it requires root. These lines go/are under #DHA Properties. To edit these lines I suggest ES file Explorer (with root mode enabled) or Build.Prop editor from the google play store.
I changed this line's value:
HTML:
ro.config.dha_empty_max=36
I manually added these lines below it:
HTML:
ro.config.dha_cached_max=12
ro.config.dha_th_rate=2.3
ro.config.dha_lmk_scale=0.545
ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_max=70
ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_min=8
ro.config.oomminfree_high=7628,9768,11909,14515,16655,20469

This has worked for both device models (snap and exy) on the sub-reddit. If you're using a custom rom and the lines don't exist, just add them. Make sure you do a nandroid backup through TWRP or CWR before attempting. I'm not responsible for the kiddies that miss a letter and soft brick/brick their stuff. This fix has made monumental changes for some, and miniscule on others. For me, it made my recents and many other gestures of the phone much more responsive. It almost feels like a whole different beast.

wEaKlY27

Oct 2, 2013
Caloocan City
i tried this but i dont see any improvements on my phone..
6cac940a2ac22f0733ca95d3794b6bcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

agentdeep

Apr 30, 2013
After adding those buildprop and restart still i got 80% im using glamour s6 rom . . Did it really effect? I tried clearing and end all apps yes i got 50% free ram but after awhile it get back again to 80

please resize the image next time, my eyes are hurt :cyclops:

EDIT: My RAM usage is 62% with 8 apps open including COC

Last edited:

MiniMoose

May 17, 2015
Los Angeles
After adding those buildprop and restart still i got 80% im using glamour s6 rom . . Did it really effect? I tried clearing and end all apps yes i got 50% free ram but after awhile it get back again to 80

Sent galing sa puso ko
Like I said above, it doesn't remove leaked ram. It changes the way the ram is handled making it faster. For some people this fix solved 80% of their lag issues on TW, for others it did nearly nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable file

for those who didnt make it and didnt done it yet, i made flashable version to make it easier. .
    just flash no wipes needed. :good:

hit thanks if i help

download attached file
    So this was posted awhile back on reddit, and I know that not everyone uses reddit. So might as well post it here. If it has already been posted, then just delete mine. I looked hard and found no one on here talking about it at all.

So someone on the s6 XDA forum found out a 6 line edit to the build.prop that fixes a memory leak in Touch-Wiz. A popular user on the galaxynote4 subreddit (u/onbeskarakterl) tried it for ****s and giggles and it worked. (Can't post the link because I'm a new user to xda :C )

This is all you have to do, and yes it requires root. These lines go/are under #DHA Properties. To edit these lines I suggest ES file Explorer (with root mode enabled) or Build.Prop editor from the google play store.
    I changed this line's value:
    HTML:
    ro.config.dha_empty_max=36
    I manually added these lines below it:
    HTML:
    ro.config.dha_cached_max=12
    ro.config.dha_th_rate=2.3
    ro.config.dha_lmk_scale=0.545
    ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_max=70
    ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_min=8
    ro.config.oomminfree_high=7628,9768,11909,14515,16655,20469

This has worked for both device models (snap and exy) on the sub-reddit. If you're using a custom rom and the lines don't exist, just add them. Make sure you do a nandroid backup through TWRP or CWR before attempting. I'm not responsible for the kiddies that miss a letter and soft brick/brick their stuff. This fix has made monumental changes for some, and miniscule on others. For me, it made my recents and many other gestures of the phone much more responsive. It almost feels like a whole different beast.

Sent galing sa puso ko
    Like I said above, it doesn't remove leaked ram. It changes the way the ram is handled making it faster. For some people this fix solved 80% of their lag issues on TW, for others it did nearly nothing.
    for those who didnt make it and didnt done it yet, i made flashable version to make it easier. .
    just flash no wipes needed. :good:

hit thanks if i help

download attached file or devhost link : http://d-h.st/uMn8

I do not recommend anyone flash this. Build.prop varies wildly between firmware and phone versions, this will likely brick your phone until you restore the original build.prop or reflash.
    Improvement confirmed.
    Before this workaround, one or more apps seems to stuck as background processes even after I close it properly & causing overheat + draining battery.
    After this workaround, all previous problem gone :D
    The Recent button also shows significantly faster response.

For everyone failing to use this workaround:
    1. Make sure you are ROOTed
    2. Use a Linux/UNIX compatible text editor, as Ms Window & Mac text editor is using different "character" to mark a "new line" thus causing bootloop.
    3. Some android text editor also changing the file (build.prop) permission attribute.
      ES File Explorer Text Editor is recommended (I'm using it) as it doesn't mess with the file permission and it is also a Linux/UNIX compatible text editor (Android=Linux).
      Permission change can also causing a bootloop.