galaxy s6 edge live demo unit

Search This thread

soudara

Jul 24, 2007
hello
i have galaxy s6 edge live demo unknow baseband and no imei , it's possible to reflash it for use in normal phone , gsm ,data ........ ?

thank you

Kevin1921

Jan 26, 2011
That´s not 100% true, you just need the right tools for it, I have assembled the missing GSM parts in an Note 4 Edge 3 weeks ago and it´ss working great.
In addition you need an IMEI (best is when not used in your country, so check syourself an abroad IMEI) and then flash the unit with IMEI and actual SW.

Can u check an LDU S6 Edge for me? ;)

marleyb

Oct 17, 2007
Amsterdam
instagram.com
That´s not 100% true, you just need the right tools for it, I have assembled the missing GSM parts in an Note 4 Edge 3 weeks ago and it´ss working great.
In addition you need an IMEI (best is when not used in your country, so check syourself an abroad IMEI) and then flash the unit with IMEI and actual SW.

Not trying to be a smartass, but his question was can a activate the GSM part by flashing. The answer is no. Sure you can change the whole mainboard too and have a working phone. Maybe even solder the right missing parts if you have the specialized equipment needed for this. But this is not for the average soul

Kevin1921

Jan 26, 2011
Buying a Board, checking IMEI and getting the image for the model is much more difficult. But do what ever you want.
your "smartass" ;)

Reactions: marleyb

esc247

Aug 19, 2011
London
Need some help please

I have a Live demo unit as well, but did not know that the GSM parts were missing, so I rooted it :S Now i cannot seem to get it to boot or flash another firmware on it just to get it up and running again.

Anyway I can get it running again? I just need to be able to undo the root i think, but trying to flash a stock ROM throws the following error:

<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!

Would really appreciate if you could help.

Thanks!

Last edited:

quatzar

Apr 14, 2011
I've been trying to push a new rom to one of these demo units I've bought off ebay for 2 hours
So far
download mode isn't recognised by odin.....WTF?
but the phone is recognised like normal via USB
I put it in developer mode and the stock boot loader allows adb sideload.
but CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.tar.md5
and twrp-2.8.6.0-zeroflte.img.tar
and a "stock" rom I found
all give wrong footer signature verification failed

There is an update from external storage that doesn't exist!
and update from cache
I don't know how to use that.

quatzar

Apr 14, 2011
So how the help did you root it in the first place?

Without Odin or adb and without root. How do you apply an update? You can't change the recovery....

Marius1988

May 12, 2015

Do you think that is possible to do that with a S6 Edge Demo ?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Hi ! I have an s6 edge Demo (LRX22G.G925XXXU1AOD7_LLK),but I cannot take the retail mode off because I cannot acces the phone s menu.It s just saying 'Samsung retail mode' and under 'sistem running' .At the bottom of the display it s says BACKUP PASSWORD.Can someone help please? I also tried to install another firmware but odin gives me the nand fail.does someone knows if there is a firmware that works?Thanks

treasurmu

Jun 1, 2010
HELP, HELP

Need help I lost my phone IMEI Galaxy s6 edge SM-925W8, is there a method of recovery. I board not backup.
I tried to flash the original system and without success, I tried with mem Smart Switch but it does not work

Last edited:

appletech1985

Jun 23, 2015
Are you still interested in the live demo units?

HI there,
Are you still looking for a demo Unit? I have the following demo units with me and i want to sell them may i know if you are interested.

1) Samsung Galaxy S6 - SM-G920X
2) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - SM-G925X

This 2 are live demo Units, and i also have

1) Samsung Galaxy Tab A - which is still not out in the Market but as i work a samsung distributor i have received one for testing and it work fine...

If you are interested please let me know ASAP so i we can talk.

awesomeguy13

Jun 20, 2015
Need to contact

hi kevin1921
i wanna discuss with you something which is really and urgently required for me
can u give me your mail id, so that i will send a message to you, i mean so that we can chat once........

hope u will

thank you

enlevike

Sep 28, 2013
galaxy s6 ldu display swap

Is it possible to take the whole display from a galaxy s6 ldu and put it on a real unit instead of the cracked diaplay? In theory display assembly should be the same right?

deekdeek

Jul 12, 2009
anyway you can post that demo firmware ? or PM to me? i have the same problem and want to see if i can get it booting again.

Thanks.

bdeoto

Aug 25, 2015
Same Problem

Didn't work, error saysNAND Write Start!! FAIL!
Now I cannot turn on the phone. Can you share SM-G920X ROM? Please

Thank you very much

aviam

Aug 25, 2014
Share the SM-G925X demo rom files LRX22G G925XXXU1AOC6

I just bought a S6 Edge LDU (LRX22G.G925XXXU1AOC6_LLK)
Phone is restored by flash the stock recovery for SM-G925X (downloaded from a paid website).
Hey shadowcliffs

Can You please share those 3 files that you downloaded to recover you SM-G925X LDU?
i flashed lt with the 925f version which messed it up when odin reached flashing modem.img thats when it failed. (probably since it dosent have a modem )
Once i messed up flashing it with a firmware that had modem.img any other firmware couldnt bring it back. (even removed sboot.bin modem.bin cm.bin) out of 925f rom
My original firmware that was on the device is bloated with stuff, but i rather have a working wifialphabet then a bricked device.
So can you please share those files, for i tried everything.

Thank You

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
You don't need those 3 files, and the AP file (which is 6.6 GB) wont flash anyway. You can just try to flash this recovery for 925x to see if it brings your phone back.

Hey shadowcliffs

Can You please share those 3 files that you downloaded to recover you SM-G925X LDU?
i flashed lt with the 925f version which messed it up when odin reached flashing modem.img thats when it failed. (probably since it dosent have a modem )
Once i messed up flashing it with a firmware that had modem.img any other firmware couldnt bring it back. (even removed sboot.bin modem.bin cm.bin) out of 925f rom
My original firmware that was on the device is bloated with stuff, but i rather have a working wifialphabet then a bricked device.
So can you please share those files, for i tried everything.

Thank You

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not trying to be a smartass, but his question was can a activate the GSM part by flashing. The answer is no. Sure you can change the whole mainboard too and have a working phone. Maybe even solder the right missing parts if you have the specialized equipment needed for this. But this is not for the average soul
    Buying a Board, checking IMEI and getting the image for the model is much more difficult. But do what ever you want.
    your "smartass" ;)
    hello
    i have galaxy s6 edge live demo unknow baseband and no imei , it's possible to reflash it for use in normal phone , gsm ,data ........ ?

thank you

Yes, it's possible. You have to buy a GMATE device, it costs around 40€.